Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You know

In the races he's finished, Alonso has finished in the points 50% of the time.

That's 3/6, if you want the actual numbers.

Are lance scored points in 7 of the 13 races he finshed. He's also the only man outside the top 3 teams to score a podium. That's future WDC stuff right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

I don't understand why people assume Lewis is a wannabe rapper I do understand, it's because he's black and all black people are apparently the same. Considering the arty shots of him with pianos and his Princess Dianna poem I'm expecting sub-Villeneuve ballads

You know what, you're right. If it ends up being a blues album w/ Eddie Jordan I'm buying it too.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

MotoGP is midnight and F1 is 3AM for my timezone.

No.sleep.’til.Tuesday

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

You know

In the races he's finished, Alonso has finished in the points 50% of the time.

That's 3/6, if you want the actual numbers.

Are lance scored points in 7 of the 13 races he finshed. He's also the only man outside the top 3 teams to score a podium. That's future WDC stuff right there.

Delete this crap

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you are not expecting something mental to happen like both Ferraris taking each other and some poor other sod out with them, or some sort of other comedy failure during the race leading to a weird as all hell podium, then you have no soul.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
There's no point in watching MotoGP. First because bikes are dumb and people who like bikes smell bad. Second because Dovizioso won't win the race regardless of what happens to Marquez

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

poty posted:

There's no point in watching MotoGP. First because bikes are dumb and people who like bikes smell bad. Second because Dovizioso won't win the race regardless of what happens to Marquez

This is a bad opinion. Go kill yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

LochNessMonster posted:

This is a bad opinion. Go kill yourself.

Harsh op

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Please don't make light of suicide, even if someone is a Ferrari fan.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I believe in Big Dovs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Would you say you believe he can win

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Although I’m not adverse to watching short clips of overtakes, I can’t get into MotoGP because I can’t tell the difference between most of the bikes or riders. Mr LC can obviously and I’m sure it’s very lovely if you are a bike person but I have never really cared that much about bikes, despite having ridden pillion on various bikes pretty much every day since I was 14. Also I’ve spent a huge amount of my life living in or around three of the major UK bike hubs The Snake pass, cat and fiddle, and sherburn in elmet (bikers cafe).

AMA the many many seriously injured or dead power rangers who have managed to ride Kawasaki ninjas into walls, trees, ditches, hedgerows or over the edge of cliffs that I have seen. One time one of them managed to come out of a side road and slammed sideways into the bus I was on, leaving a perfect impression imbedded in it. (That guy was fine although people did have to hold the bus driver back after the rider accused him of being at fault)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

It will be very difficult but more crazy poo poo has happened this year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Tim and Eric ever parodied Dovi they'd probably call him André Doves.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWiUrm8MnFg

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Norns posted:

I would say I believe Marquez can drop his bike.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah but for Dovi to win win, Mark has to crash (or finish 16th+?) AND Dovi has to win the race

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Well it will be the first MotoGP race I ever watch so I'm going to judge the Worst Denizens' future opinions on how right they are about it being a Good Motorsport.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah but for Dovi to win win, Mark has to crash (or finish 16th+?) AND Dovi has to win the race

It's extremely unlikely to happen but Dovi has had better race pace than qualifying this year and Marc is sharing the front row with Zarco and Iannone. The ingredients are there for something to happen but it's going to be near impossible.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's really loving bizarre how the Italians have a habit of making poo poo difficult for race day. Late career Rossi has the the same issues in qualifying.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Bottas takes pole, Vettel / Raikkonen next up, Hamilton DNF in Quali

Betcha since Hamilton already has the championship and starts last he just limps it around the track all day tomorrow?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Knowing Hamilton, probably not.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I think any racing driver would be looking forward to some fun starting last with the championship wrapped up.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I watched the Qualifying highlights in a bar and drew weird looks from laughing maniacally at Hamilton's crash.
Tomorrow should be a good race.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

NtotheTC posted:

Well it will be the first MotoGP race I ever watch so I'm going to judge the Worst Denizens' future opinions on how right they are about it being a Good Motorsport.

poo poo circuit tho, not going to be the best representation of the sport.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

That track tho..

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
LIKE ANIMAL! YES! YES!

https://streamable.com/5p1b1

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

NtotheTC posted:

Please watch Austria or Japan first

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mir is a freak. I thought Marquez was a once in a generation talent, but if Mir, Vinales and Marquez all get on the same grid with comparable machinery that season will be spicy as gently caress.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Wouldn't Mir bump to moto2 first?

Also, so, Dovi has to win, and Maq has to be 13th or lower, correct? Here's to hoping

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

geonetix posted:

Wouldn't Mir bump to moto2 first?

Also, so, Dovi has to win, and Maq has to be 13th or lower, correct? Here's to hoping

Mir will go to moto2 but it's not specifically required. Jack Miller went straight from moto3 to MotoGp for example (despite being a MotoGP winner, he arguably should have done a moto2 season before moving up. His results are pretty ordinary)

Marquez has to get 11th or lower and Dovi has to win.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 12, 2017

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Well, if Dovi takes this I'm finally getting a sensible av

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't normally drink for morning sporting events but since it's the finale of a really good championship and I've been playing up the bachelor lifestyle so I'm gonna be drinking a Pabst and eating some spicy italian salami for breakfast lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Mir is a freak. I thought Marquez was a once in a generation talent, but if Mir, Vinales and Marquez all get on the same grid with comparable machinery that season will be spicy as gently caress.

I'm having a hard time seeing Vinales on the same level of Marquez given how badly he's gone from looking to dominate the season to eating poo poo. I'll wait to see how Mir does in Moto2 before judging further.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing Vinales on the same level of Marquez given how badly he's gone from looking to dominate the season to eating poo poo. I'll wait to see how Mir does in Moto2 before judging further.

The Yamaha is really that bad and Vinales doesn't have Rossi's experience to ride through the pain without losing confidence. If they can give him a bike that doesn't suck, he'll absolutely take it to Marquez. Whether he can handle Marquez psychologically over the course of a season remains to be seen.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Dovi and Ducati wins

#forzaferrari

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hopefully Zarco can be a spoiler here

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Hopefully Zarco can be a spoiler here