Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

Careful with that joke, it’s an antique.

The first time I heard the 'moray' pun was in one of Spider Robinson's Callahan's Crosstime Saloon novels. I can't remember which story it appeared in but he started writing them in the 70s.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I love transforming robot toys that turn into completely useless objects. There's been a ton of them over the years, there's a surprising number of vintage transforming toys that turn into dumb stuff like padlocks and cash registers and stuff.

Edit: of course the official Transformers and Go-Bots toy lines also had many characters that transformed into lame objects like Soundwave and Reflector and Perceptor. The Go-Bots famously featured the Rock Lords who transformed into boulders and were dazzlingly effective warriors just as long as their opponents came at them from down a steep slope but they were otherwise completely useless.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Nov 12, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The McDonald ones owned when I was a child.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I had the french fries and Big Mac ones when I was a kid. I believe their role was limited to being eaten by the other Transformers.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had the french fries and Big Mac ones when I was a kid. I believe their role was limited to being eaten by the other Transformers.

Is that....cannibalism?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Clever loss

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Randaconda posted:

If I ever find a cheap set I'm definitely buying them, I love that goofy poo poo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
edit: oh nevermind, you did remember the Rock Lords

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I really like the robot mode of Masterpiece Soundwave but I can never justify paying around $150 for a Transformers that transforms into a box shape.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The MSJ posted:

I really like the robot mode of Masterpiece Soundwave but I can never justify paying around $150 for a Transformers that transforms into a box shape.

Same, I can't justify wasting that much money on a children's toy either

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys better not be talking poo poo about the Psycho Gundam

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Guy Goodbody posted:

edit: oh nevermind, you did remember the Rock Lords

I went and made some gifs of the animated movie so we can all remember the Rock Lords

https://i.imgur.com/FS3baDi.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/rml8UB4.gifv
Hmmmm, I wonder why the toyline failed and the spinoff cartoon series never happened? :thunk:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys better not be talking poo poo about the Psycho Gundam

Hey I'm sure that the 'popping a squat' alt mode came in super handy in all sorts of situations

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Bob Fett?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love transforming robot toys that turn into completely useless objects. There's been a ton of them over the years, there's a surprising number of vintage transforming toys that turn into dumb stuff like padlocks and cash registers and stuff.

Edit: of course the official Transformers and Go-Bots toy lines also had many characters that transformed into lame objects like Soundwave and Reflector and Perceptor. The Go-Bots famously featured the Rock Lords who transformed into boulders and were dazzlingly effective warriors just as long as their opponents came at them from down a steep slope but they were otherwise completely useless.

I think I want all of those.

I remember one of the Transformers games had one of the random levers you pull down out to be a Transformer, who then dances.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

That's Robert to you.

Robert Fett, Space Actuary.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah my work also has a policy limiting the number of employees and VPs who are allowed to fly together.

I've heard a (possibly apocryphal) anecdote that they limit how many sumo wrestlers are on the same plane when traveling to events because a single plane crash could potentially wipe out the whole sport. Also they're fat.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

I like that Boba Fett was a cool badass based only on his looks from the 80s to early 2000s, yet this one picture could have destroyed his entire reputation.
Also wondering if the lady on the right is wearing some sort of colored full body pantyhose or if she's just body painted.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The MSJ posted:

You’re in luck: the clear and gold color scheme of him is 80 bucks on amazon and comes with 3 of his cassettes, or the knockoff version in the original color scheme is 70 on Amazon and comes with Laserbeak. According to all I’ve heard, the knockoffs are run off the same production line.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bar88537 posted:

Also wondering if the lady on the right is wearing some sort of colored full body pantyhose or if she's just body painted.

Search your feelings.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bar88537 posted:

I like that Boba Fett was a cool badass based only on his looks from the 80s to early 2000s, yet this one picture could have destroyed his entire reputation.

It's bodypaint. See how the paint has worn off around the costume?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

Search your feelings.

No! That's not true! It's impossible!!! :ohdear:

Guy Goodbody posted:

/lets go, falls down endless abyss

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

I remember one of the Transformers games had one of the random levers you pull down out to be a Transformer, who then dances.

I was curious so I looked it up on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lD2g_AHMg

He's the loving Butter Bot of the Transformers universe but he seems happy, I guess?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

“Wait, who shoots first?”

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's the twilek's signature two tone skin coloration you loving casual

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Besesoth posted:

"Do I shoot this guy first?"
"No he's just a background character."

"No he's an effects tech, he's not even an alien!"

"*sigh* That's me again."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"No he's just a background character."

"No he's an effects tech, he's not even an alien!"

"*sigh* That's me again."

Nice shoes, Greedo.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Besesoth posted:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND, OLD MAN

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Grey Fox posted:

MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND, OLD MAN

Laser swords

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Randaconda posted:

They own now.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

I don't even remember who Firs was.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PaulBearer posted:

I don't even remember who Firs was.

Fir? Probably a Twi'lek
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fir_Megsan
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fir_Kashal
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Golga_Besadii_Fir

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Nice shoes, Greedo.

Greedo was played by a lady.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Yeah hi where the gently caress can I buy this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pick posted:

Greedo was played by a lady.

Greedo was played by a man and a lady. In the shots where we see both Han and Greedo in the frame he's played by Paul Blake but when they later shot some pickup closeups of Greedo he was played by Maria De Aragon. The Paul Blake version of Greedo has silly long fingers with suckers on the end and a slightly different vest, the Maria De Aragon version has shorter fingers.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Nov 12, 2017