Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Medea is a rockstar for me today yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011
I'm finding the Assassin 40ap easy but time-consuming. A frontline of mostly casters means the enemies don't do much damage but take longer than I like to die. Mata Hari's stuns also lengthen the process.
I'm also slightly annoyed that while I didn't get the Iri drop in Halloween the game has decided to shower me with Gudao CE drops. I'm one ce off from being able to fill my entire support list with it and I still have two CE's in the shop that I could buy. I would have preferred to have got the Iri drop instead of the excess Gudao drops.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten posted:

Tomorrow once my AP come back I think I'm going to roll in there with her, Tamamo, and someone's Waver and just spam Rule Breaker like 800 times.

Yep, this turned out to be pretty hilarious. She's sure giving her ol' stabbing arm a workout. :ese:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

NRVNQSR posted:

How are you adding up to 340% with two CEs?

Anyway, the answer probably depends on whether your bonus servants are high enough level to run the hardest 40AP quests. The more ringers you have to bring in the more CEs you'll need to make up the difference.

350. Added wrong. Also thanks! Right now it’s hard but manageable but I’m getting a little concerned. I guess if it gets really bad I’ll remove Benkei and roll in with Vlad. That’s still 330. Outside of the Lancer levels they should be fine.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone has any info about the new quests? So I can prepare myself.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

It's all Assassins and the last fight has a lvl.86 Mata Hari that will debuff and stun your team to make the fight last for-loving-ever.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If you have some decent casters it's trivial, just long.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20151125.php has details on all of them.

Pierson posted:

If you have some decent casters it's trivial, just long.

Finally Mephistopheles' time to shine!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It of course occurs to me after I have spent my stamina for the morning that I could probably just take Kaleidoscope'd Altera and Arturia into the assassin one with a friend Waver or other good caster with a poster girl and just beat the thing down without charm being really relevant.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
That Assassin level was loving stupid.

It'd have been less frustrating if Mata Hari stopped spamming Pheremone, my C- rank luck meant that I'd usually be stuck with everybody charmed (Hell her NP charmed OKITA for some loving reason)

I think at the end I just used my loving command spells since it was a long arduous boring fight. Its not my fault I don't have any decent casters, Medea's 2nd Ascension mats haven't been dropping for me, Hans is too weak and I refuse to use Clownman, not that he's very useful anyway.

I also only got like... 16 of those pots, so I'll just do the Saber one again because its only one less and my Archers are my best units.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I ignored the 40AP today and continued grinding blue bowls.

They'll still be there to clear when I get around to it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah even with all female servants that was still a slog. Think I'm gonna go back to blue bowls for myself for a while, then probably make the Lancer stage my 40AP farming spot when it appears.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would figure the saber 40 a would be insanely easy considering the strength of good archers now, plus nobu.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Tae posted:

I would figure the saber 40 a would be insanely easy considering the strength of good archers now, plus nobu.

Its the easiest one so far, when the Lancer one comes out that'll be pretty easy too with Double Okita.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

None of my friend Orions or Gils are using a poster girl and neither Emiya or Nobu really deal all that much damage even with the type advantage (and it doesn't help that my Nobu is just kind of stuck at 40 until this event is over). Like it's a safe run for me but more of a slog than it would be if I could use one of the aforementioned supports, so I end up being overly annoyed by it on the basis that it could be going faster.

I'm gonna fuckin' destroy that Lancer one, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You really shouldn't be worrying about point maximization in the 40APs anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My Nobu crushes Caeser (Isn't he Divinity?) and she just got to level 70. If anybody needs a Nobu with Poster girl, 791-379-395

Cause I need a constant stream of FP so I finally get a drat George

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Though you should at least bring Okita, Nobu and some CEs along if you're aiming to hit 1.5M.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The only problem with the Saber one is if the dragon is able to get off some crits. If I can get to the final round with Okita and Emiya ready to fire off their NPs, then Okita-Emiya-whatever with all the star dropping skills active on Emiya usually brings Caesar down below 50k with around 50 stars to finish him off.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Are all you people already grinding Hiragumos on the 40APs done with all the Tsukumo and Chawan things you want? I'm clearing those first, because I don't see much reason to spend AP on the less generous 40APs now instead of clearing out the things I want from the other shop currencies.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Is it an unrealistic goal to get that Oda from the event if I only have lovely low level stuff from early in the story and a reasonably powerful friend Servant? I don't really have a clue what I'm doing aside from the barest basics, but that seems like something that'd be nice to have.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's almost impossible not to get the 100k for permanent nobu if you start now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Probably, you only need 100,000 points and there are something like 12 days left to get that. I bet you could do it from just the 1AP Limited Quests with just a support Okita running amok.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Meldonox posted:

Is it an unrealistic goal to get that Oda from the event if I only have lovely low level stuff from early in the story and a reasonably powerful friend Servant? I don't really have a clue what I'm doing aside from the barest basics, but that seems like something that'd be nice to have.

Nah, the 1AP once-a-day things give IIRC 140?180? thousand Honnoji points (with no bonuses) if you do all of them, so as long as you grab an Okita support with a Gudao CE (that is the one of chibi Nobu and Okita punching eachother) thats +130% points (so 280k or 360k total) so that alone would be enough to not only get Nobu, but to get her at NP2 (NP1->NP2 is the biggest upgrade, typically it increases the damage as much as NP2->NP5 does on many servants), nevermind whatever other bonus servants you can scrounge up. What you might have trouble with, however, is getting the last two skulls purchased with Hiragumos that are needed to fully ascend her.

She is a good servant, and a fun one, but missing her won't be the end of the world.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 12, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are all you people already grinding Hiragumos on the 40APs done with all the Tsukumo and Chawan things you want?

Yes, but then I didn't want much at all: The skulls, one CE, and four crystals. I also picked up the Fous because stocking up on 3* CEs from the FP gatcha made them very cheap.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are all you people already grinding Hiragumos on the 40APs done with all the Tsukumo and Chawan things you want? I'm clearing those first, because I don't see much reason to spend AP on the less generous 40APs now instead of clearing out the things I want from the other shop currencies.

I still need to grind Chawan, but I want to buy out all the skulls first just in case I have to stop playing for whatever reason. It's not the most efficient, but I started the event with 43 apples, so I don't really care.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Too bad they only sell 50 EXP cards in the shop.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

oh thank god. The assassin one was driving me insane trying to do it with my underlevelled event servants

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can beat the assassin quest, but it takes longer than the saber one. But I imagine it is worth it for the increased hiragumos that drop from the assassin one?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

The only problem with the Saber one is if the dragon is able to get off some crits. If I can get to the final round with Okita and Emiya ready to fire off their NPs, then Okita-Emiya-whatever with all the star dropping skills active on Emiya usually brings Caesar down below 50k with around 50 stars to finish him off.

I was doing it with EMIYA, Robin, friend's Archer (usually Nobu). Robin is only 50 so it's sometimes hairy getting through the stupid dragon, but i usually can use one of the other two NPs before it could stomp him to death if i need to (and throwing that free evade on him from my outfit too sometimes). After that it's really absurdly satisfying to blast Caesar right in his face with a Yew Bow and take him out in a few turns.

Also, i fully ascended Medea and her final art is kinda boring and dorky. That's lame.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 12, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I can beat the assassin quest, but it takes longer than the saber one. But I imagine it is worth it for the increased hiragumos that drop from the assassin one?

Debatable; You're only getting one more hiragumo on average and the assassin quest doesn't really have any good random drops, whereas saber can drop scales and berzerker can drop claws.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Got a Claw drop.

Because I clicked the wrong quest by accident and I was all 'Well, won't earn anything by backing out. Might as well go through with it.'

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Anyone else seeing the first time acquisition animation every time a Nobbu CE drops or is rewarded from points?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup. Nobu and Okita are just attention whores like that. :v:

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

For the time being, I'm sticking with the 40AP Saber quest for Hira-gumo purposes. I'm usually able to find an EMIYA with a Poster Girl CE for support, and I have my Nobu for extra help. Throw in my Gil just in case things get hairy, and it's a piece of cake.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Not looking forward to the Rider one.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Looking for some advice with regards to Hira-gumos.

Assuming only having access to one Poster Girl via support, how many should I expect to be able to grind out by the time the event ends? Is a 3rd or 4th GUDA-O worth buying, if I have Emiya but not Okita? I've still got plenty of apples and I'm willing to burn a dozen or so grinding.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have only one poster girl, I'm about to get the final skull and guda CE in the next day or so as long as you find a second poster girl.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Pureauthor posted:

Not looking forward to the Rider one.

yeah I can't wait to use.... Sasaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Daraken posted:

Assuming only having access to one Poster Girl via support, how many should I expect to be able to grind out by the time the event ends?

My estimates say to expect about 2000 Hiragumo without apples, maybe a bit more if you're obsessive about always running the most efficient quest available. Meanwhile I think a couple of Guda-Os should be enough to hit 1.5M with only free bonus servants, and naturally even less if you're using apples.