Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is not an appropriate comparison for any number of reasons, but chiefly as the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was an impromptu affair that both parties considered to be a short-term expedient which sooner or later one or both would break. Stalin and Hitler both considered mutual coexistence impossible, in Hitler's case because that's who he was, and in Stalin's because he'd read Mein Kampf and considered that when Hitler wrote in it "my chief goal in life is to roll Eastward and carve out a settle empire from the corpses of the filthy subhumans living there and also to be clear I don't just mean Poland here," he wasn't just joking around. The pact itself came about because Hitler needed to secure his eastern flank in case the Western Allies decided to get off their asses and do something when he invaded Poland (which he figured they wouldn't), and Stalin needed to buy time to finish the reforms of the Red Army which he'd started earlier in the 30s after the purges (and also wanted an excuse to snatch up the Baltic states, a chance for which the pact afforded). The current state of affairs in eastern Europe does not mirror either that of the USSR and Third Reich in 1939, nor the geopolitical stage on which the M-R Pact came about.

i just like to be able to joke that in both world wars germany's only useful ally was the soviets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
what a lot of people also don't understand is that putin sounds like obama when he talks about islam to a russian audience. which makes sense because russia has a large muslim population and many allies in central asia.

people who are on the real extreme right (especially in europe) seem to understand putin's position on this better than americans. and while russia is swarming with ultra-nationalists, the police there do not gently caress around and do beat the poo poo out of the ultra-nationalists with sticks when they get out of hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10cDyeIRF3k

alexander dugin has also been elevated in the U.S. press as "putin's rasputin" and so on, although there's no evidence they've ever met. and once dugin got out of hand by agitating for russia to gobble up ukraine entirely, he lost his professor job and was pretty much sidelined.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Check the page number.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Holy poo poo, a spoon and a NICE at the same time!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

alt right adjacent

https://twitter.com/fuctupmind/status/929567516757774336

hell yeah hope this trends

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sir Tonk posted:

the cia must be really mad that Russia is doing what they keep trying to do, but much more effectively.

I'm pretty sure everyone's really mad at each other for a staggeringly long and ancient list of reasons. Now the anger, as much as it can be for clandestine agencies, is out in daylight like everything else.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
That the far right eastern European hated russia more than minorities was probably true right around til the refugee crisis began. Of course nationalists of all stripes are morons so they will eventually be at each others throats again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I dunno who suggested that the Nazis will drive a wedge with NATO, but Nazis - especially Russophobic Nazis - love NATO. They'll do everything they can to bend over backwards for whatever big ticket piece of crap the United States puts on their soil if it means a chance at killing more Russians. But the Nazis are Eurosceptic, so if they had any real influence it would disrupt Poland's place in the EU.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

as an environmentalist, i support both sides of this

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Boycott those who dropped Hannity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I dunno who suggested that the Nazis will drive a wedge with NATO, but Nazis - especially Russophobic Nazis - love NATO. They'll do everything they can to bend over backwards for whatever big ticket piece of crap the United States puts on their soil if it means a chance at killing more Russians. But the Nazis are Eurosceptic, so if they had any real influence it would disrupt Poland's place in the EU.
it was me. i think it can. the arms companies don't care but early on the law and justice party raided a NATO center as part of a purge of sorts and because the defense minister is a fuckballs goombah. and if the neonazis really do take power and get irredentist ideas that would complicate things very greatly. it sounds like a wild scenario but who would've imagined a russian-ukrainian proxy war 10 years ago. NATO has opted not to dump arms into that one.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ukraine also wasn't a member of NATO.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

same

don't really care about the politics or the brand, there's just something hypnotizing about watching fancy electronics get smashed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lmao yes fight!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao what an absolutely stupid mindset these people have where their idea of protest is to destroy things they spent money on

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao what an absolutely stupid mindset these people have where their idea of protest is to destroy things they spent money on

Their only ideology is consumerism, so for them the only possible form of protest is to boycott a company or destroy property.

It's why so many of Trump's little cuckleheads filmed themselves burbling about the NFL before they burned a bunch of $200 t-shirts.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
time to own the libs by burning down my own house!!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sir Tonk posted:

their cofounder started the proud boys, why would they care

That's Vice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/929784166576558080

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Their only ideology is consumerism, so for them the only possible form of protest is to boycott a company or destroy property.

It's why so many of Trump's little cuckleheads filmed themselves burbling about the NFL before they burned a bunch of $200 t-shirts.

*shrieks postmodernly*

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

i just like to be able to joke that in both world wars germany's only useful ally was the soviets

:finland:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's Vice

yeah thought there was an extra e in there

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/SpankCityHall/status/929822753120768000

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzSUgOmP66Q
sending my homies on a mission

s e s h

edit my bad

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

smdh these people cannot for the life of them understand that black people are murdered by police

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

smdh these people cannot for the life of them understand that black people are murdered by police

they understand, they just don't see it as a problem

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

nah, they understand it, but think they had it coming.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Posting on page 669 here in C-SPAM, hail nice!! satan

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
nice

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hail sex number!

Serf
May 5, 2011

sex number will win

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Hail sexnumber satan

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

the devil sucks his own cocks in hell

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who thinks that baked Alaska is "bad" at Twitter doesn't understand that his actual goal is to be a humiliation sub for everyone on the internet all at once. Baked is incredibly good at Twitter you just don't want to know what his endgame is.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Bushiz posted:

Anyone who thinks that baked Alaska is "bad" at Twitter doesn't understand that his actual goal is to be a humiliation sub for everyone on the internet all at once. Baked is incredibly good at Twitter you just don't want to know what his endgame is.
is he gonna make the 2nd mrhands incident before pence does

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bushiz posted:

just lol if this is an accurate look into that guy's mind.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Nice

Also why does Prison Paul look like a loving alien?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

You mean he isn't an alien?

Also, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mcclay posted:

Nice

Also why does Prison Paul look like a loving alien?

he spends all day in his apartment smoking cigarettes and (if you believe his claims of having pica) eating books

he only goes outside for absolute necessities like buying food or visiting alex jones