Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
If you have a badrillion BE you dont know what to do with you can gift Mystery Mini Icons, Mystery Icons, and Mystery Ward Skins with BE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Sexpansion posted:

I don't think league would ever do that siege champion because riot is very heavily invested in people liking their champ, empathzing with them, then buying their skins

IDK I think many folks would like & empathize with a champ whose goal is to do lots of cool stuff and be a hero without ever needing to leave the house

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

amazeballs posted:

I am really struggling in bot lane to gauge trades with the new rune system. It seems the damage I'm expecting to take / dish out is not in line with reality. Unfortunate for my teammates on the rift I guess.

New runes are supes cool regardless.

Unless I'm 100% certain we can smash early, I generally just cheese the lane with Inspiration/Resolve + Celestial Body, which is something goofy like an extra 254 HP. Take Klepto, go for harass trades to earn some extra gold, and force them to overextend into your minion line if you get jumped on. It just feels like dogshit to run with base HP/defenses right now on a soft target with how much raw damage is getting tossed around everywhere, especially if the enemy team has any Lethality stackers. I legit saw a Dirk-empowered MF Q whack an Ezreal for half his health at level 7 or 8 or something.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Press the attack is really good on vayne

I've tried Vayne with both Tempo and Press and here's my quick hot take on them. Press The Attack synergies way better with Vayne than Lethal Tempo but Lethal Tempo is stronger in lane. If you're trying to go for the early lane double kill into a massive snowball Lethal Tempo is probably 'better' for Vayne, but if you're confident in your ability to not eat ALL the poo poo in lane (and/or get lucky and manage to get a kill without trading one back in the preseason botlane hellscape) then go Press The Attack because once you get shiv+IE you basically delete most non-tanks in like 1-2 silver bolt procs, which is hilarious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Sexpansion posted:

I don't think league would ever do that siege champion because riot is very heavily invested in people liking their champ, empathzing with them, then buying their skins

Just make it a cute girl

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Pretty hosed up how when solo laners earn gold it's called "farming" but when support characters do it it's "bandit" and "kleptomancy"

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Tired Moritz posted:

Just make it a cute girl

Rework Sona into a pop idol that sets stage at the fountain, never leaves, and make the entire Rift her concert hall.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got Kassadin's ult down to 0.93 seconds. That poo poo is just absurd.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pahuyuth posted:

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pahuyuth posted:

even more absurd is Presence of Mind in combination with this. if you get a kill or assist in a lategame fight you can now cover like half the map instantly for 0 mana

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

As someone who does not play Kayle, I just thought "Hey why not take Tempo Kayle top" and drat it feels busted. Hit Q, they're slowed forever and tempo winds up, hit E, shred them.

Only gets worse as the game goes on.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ETZ-80R56k

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I got my old account back, so props to Riot for helping me out there. My skin rewards are Meowkai and Super Galaxy Annie, so hooray for that.

Got dumpstered by Yi my first game though.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Dark Harvest + Lethality Jhin is incredibly satisfying.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Big McHuge posted:

My skin rewards are Meowkai and Super Galaxy Annie, so hooray for that.

those are some good rear end free skins

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I've been running Galio as:

-Sorcery-
Summon Aery
Manaflow Band
Transcendence
Gathering Storm

-Resolve-
Mirror Shell / Iron Skin (depending on matchup)
Second Wind

And I've just been scaling to ridiculous victories, but I think I'll start trying Ultimate Hat / Absolute Focus instead of Manaflow / Transcendence. I find that trading so often early/mid I'm rarely above 60% health, so maybe Absolute Focus isn't as much worth it? Late game once I'm like 3-4 Items in, its not as much of an issue for sure.

Anyone doing anything vastly different with the Big Gargoyle Daddy?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

d0grent posted:

Dark Harvest + Lethality Jhin is incredibly satisfying.

Lethality is just super out of tune right now since a bunch of people no longer have a lot of innate armor from old runes, so once you complete a ghost/duskblade you're effectively dealing near true damage already and can just get massively fed. I expect them to take a look at at least those two sometime next patch.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I doubt that any of y'all will actually try this dumb poo poo but literally no build or style tilts enemy midlaners harder than Predator Blitzcrank

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Monathin posted:

Dumb pet peeve vent: whenever I see someone who bans 'none' in champ select I want to slap the keyboard out of their hands.

Monathin I feel comfortable quoting this from two pages ago because we're friends. Banning is for loving cowards

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Klepto is pretty bananas on Sona. You basically have a sack of goodies all game long.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
[solid snake voice] The Ultimate nut?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Klepto is pretty bananas on Sona. You basically have a sack of goodies all game long.

god that talent is wtf to play with. Had it on morg (also bananas), was just constantly quaffing free potions and throwing down free wards. It's bonkers and probably horribly unfun to play against as you can't get an idea of the players power level thanks to all the random goodies (I got one of the adaptable damage potions at level 2 and it took pool from "ouch" to Q>W equals death).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Seeing pretty much every game that people are running precision as the secondary tree, because much like in early season 7, the "heal on getting a kill" mastery is both really good and really strong, and the stacking tenacity (or attack speed, depending on the champ) skill is really good as well.

On that note, shen with grasp is absurdly strong right now, possibly brokenly so, because he can force fights whenever he wants and the new tank masteries are really good on him.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

I said it before, I'll say it again, play Arcane Comet/Mana Bond/Scorch Malphite support before they fix it. It's unbelievable right now.

I gotta try this. Do you build tank or go full AP?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CubeTheory posted:

I said it before, I'll say it again, play Arcane Comet/Mana Bond/Scorch Malphite support before they fix it. It's unbelievable right now.

I picked this and the enemy team picked Lucian/Lulu

it was Not Good (tm)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Support Malphite has never been good, I was basically trying to main it a few months ago and think I had a 0% winrate.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
those poor adcs

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Who would you rather have: support Malphite or a W max Janna who only shields herself.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd rather have the janna b/c I can CS in peace while she 1v2s the opposing laners.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

slydingdoor posted:

Who would you rather have: support Malphite or a W max Janna who only shields herself.

Janna still has R Janna 100%

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If you're going to go a poke champ support with that, just fuckin go pantheon or gangplank and be done with it. Either of those has a Q that is at least as damaging as malphites, is targeted, as per malphites, and is far far more mana efficient.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

If you're going to go a poke champ support with that, just fuckin go pantheon or gangplank and be done with it. Either of those has a Q that is at least as damaging as malphites, is targeted, as per malphites, and is far far more mana efficient.

Actually, just play Lux with Aery/Comet, Manaflow, Scorch, and Biscuit. No one can compete with your range and you won't run out of mana until, like, 5 or 6 solid minutes of sitting in lane. It's not very exciting, but it's extremely annoying and effective if they have no way of hard engaging on you.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Actually, don't play Lux support because it is trash and has a lower winrate than Teemo or Xerath support

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Again, just play the best poke support, W max janna.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

It's the year 2017 and people are still unironically telling other people to play support Lux. Jesus just go back to mid lane please.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Support lux is strong and sexy

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

instead of playing support lux, you can play "A Hat In Time", a far more enjoyable experience and one that does not result in you forcing 4 strangers to waste 30+ minutes of their day.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I had a 90% winrate with support Lux this ranked season ama

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

curiousCat posted:

I had a 90% winrate with support Lux this ranked season ama

Why do you hate God and your teammates, in that order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Actually, don't play Lux support because it is trash and has a lower winrate than Teemo or Xerath support

Nah.

• Locked thread