Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kurieg posted:

You realize that both existing shiny lycanrocs are blue, right?

i clearly didnt, or i wouldnt have asked that. prick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zuzie posted:

If I recall, its one of the very few Pokemon that can have more then the standard 3 abilities (two regular and a hidden ability). Most of those that have more often have different forms as well (Like Basculin or Meowstic).

Yeah, Lycanroc has the most potential abilities of any Pokemon at 6; Keen Eye, Sand Rush, Vital Spirit, Steadfast, No Guard and Tough Claws split between its 3 formes.

Rockruff, Basculin and Meowstic have 4 and that's it for pokemon with more than 3 iirc.

Chandelure and Scolipede might count if you consider they had coded but unobtainable HAs in Gen V that were changed in Gen VI (Quick Feet for Speed Boost and Shadow Tag for Infiltrator)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Not sure if you can include ability changes between generations, but a few Pokemon with Mega Evolutions and regional variants may exceed 3 as well. Camerupt can have 3 abilities in its standard form while Mega Camerupt as one that's different. Ninetales can have 4 abilites (2 for regular, 2 or Alolan).

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I see basculin I'm miffed that they wasted the bass pokemon on such a heap. I would've loved an evolutionary line that was something like Bluegill-->Bass or even the former with a Striper as the third evolution.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If a non-legendary pokemon can be found in the ultra wormhole, a shiny version of one is going to be a matter of playing the minigame until double rainbow portals show up.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Dehry posted:

If a non-legendary pokemon can be found in the ultra wormhole, a shiny version of one is going to be a matter of playing the minigame until double rainbow portals show up.

So what's this, then?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The wormhole at the Altar of the Sunne/Muune is a minigame instead of just a day/night swap. It's where all the legendary Pokemon and ultra beasts are encountered save one of the new ones. As Solgaleo/Lunala continue flying, the exit portals become rainbow colored and get more bands. It's either normal Pokemon or Legendary Pokemon that appear. The normal ones have a crazy high shiny chance.

E: speaking of the legendary Pokemon

Lugia seems to use the Soul Silver music and not the Gameboy music like the Legendary Dogs do.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 12, 2017

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is there a way to predict or control what legendary is gonna appear on the other side of a portal?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ho-Oh and Lugia used their HG/SS music in ORAS too, I guess because they were original themes to those games rather than remixes from gen 2.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Every single non-event Mega is available in USUM... Except Camerupt's.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

Is there a way to predict or control what legendary is gonna appear on the other side of a portal?

The main color of the portal can determine the area but no real way to tell what's there.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Dr. Fetus posted:

Every single non-event Mega is available in USUM... Except Camerupt's.

Revenge for Maxie's review of ORAS.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so Rockruff only becomes the cool new form if you evolve him between 5 and 6 pm?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

sexpig by night posted:

so Rockruff only becomes the cool new form if you evolve him between 5 and 6 pm?

I think the way it works is that the special rockruff only evolves into dusk form and only evolves between 5 and 6.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kurieg posted:

I think the way it works is that the special rockruff only evolves into dusk form and only evolves between 5 and 6.

Yeah, and you can breed it to make more special rockruffs.

Otherwise they work the same as normal. Ones in US only evolve into midday, ones in UM only evolve into Midnight.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh ok, so I can't accidentally screw up my special sparkledog, that's better then.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So the only difference between the event Rockruff and its offspring would be the special move the event one comes with come with?

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 12, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the special rockruff sucks tho

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

To be fair, the whole family's a bit crummy.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Swirlix can get Sticky Web now. Interesting.

And Extreme Speed is finally an egg move for Zigzagoon!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tired Moritz posted:

How so? The entire line is pretty bad, so what makes it worse than the others?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dusk Lycanroc has 2 less Speed than Midday, putting it in an awkward Speed tier which 2 extra Attack doesn't counterbalance. Also they didn't get anything much from move tutors, so the whole line is pretty meh.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The only good part about the line is getting a physical rock type priority move.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

The only good part about the line is getting a physical rock type priority move.

Shame it happened in the same generation as psychic terrain.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dusk Lycanroc is a good Pokemon because he's a dog and dogs are good.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Is it really too much to ask that any pokemon with a jaw with teeth be able to learn all the various biting moves on top of having access to the same moves as other pokemon of the same type?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is it too much to ask that the elemental bites be 100% accuracy?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Geostomp posted:

How so? The entire line is pretty bad, so what makes it worse than the others?

well, no.1. dusk lycanroc is awesome looking.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kurieg posted:

Is it too much to ask that the elemental bites be 100% accuracy?

put wide lens on your lycanroc

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Does anybody remember when someone datamined up those walk animations for every pokemon? Any idea what they're for? A few of them are used for pokemon snap mode in sumo, but there's a shitton just sitting unused.

Speaking of, is there anything new in pokemon snap mode in usum?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Rotom stuff seemed to be the same. The Pokemon photo club is the new picture thing this generation. If you were upset a 3D model of the Battle Tower was in ORAS, you're going to be livid about the background options when bringing a Pokemon from a different region.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sade posted:

Does anybody remember when someone datamined up those walk animations for every pokemon? Any idea what they're for? A few of them are used for pokemon snap mode in sumo, but there's a shitton just sitting unused.

Speaking of, is there anything new in pokemon snap mode in usum?

Future proofing more than likely.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I finally finished posting all the Pokemon I drew for Inktober.

https://nessabee87.tumblr.com

I'm gonna try to draw more on a regular basis. Maybe one family a week or so.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Future proofing more than likely.

That's some real expensive futureproofing. That's 800 models that had to be rigged, boned, and animated.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sade posted:

That's some real expensive futureproofing. That's 800 models that had to be rigged, boned, and animated.

"We wanted to have pokemon following you again for SM, however we could not properly implement them."

"We took out walking animation for Gen 8 because we want every game to feel unique and worthwhile, and that includes the Gen 7 we had in our heads."

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's actually Pokemon walking around in the background of several areas in USUM

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

Dusk Lycanroc has 2 less Speed than Midday, putting it in an awkward Speed tier which 2 extra Attack doesn't counterbalance. Also they didn't get anything much from move tutors, so the whole line is pretty meh.

That's so incredibly disappointing. I wanted a stat spread where it had The speed of Midday while having the defenses of Midnight (with the difference coming out of its useless special attack).

Ah well, things given out as early adoption promos can't be too all powerful.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/12/rumour-reddit-member-spills-the-beans-on-upcoming-nintendo-switch-titles/

quote:

There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

That explains a lot if this person is legitimate.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's blatantly fake. You can't genuinely believe the Mother 3 and TWEWY rumours to begin with, and Stars makes no sense because Necrozma wasn't ever patterned after stars in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sade posted:

Spoilers they'll be using these models for the next 4 pokemon games. This is the pokemon equivalent to SMT's Nocturne.