Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Our obese president is calling another world leader fat?

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Puppy Time posted:

HE DIDN'T MARRY THEM YOU HORRIBLE WOMAN AND I'M SURE YOU WOULD HAVE A CONNIPTION IF SOMEONE ELSE DID THAT poo poo OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE

I hate my state so much right now.

If they 'let' him do anything then they were not good girls, so gently caress 'em. If they didn't scream they must have wanted it, right?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

belt posted:

Our obese president is calling another world leader fat?

:thunk:

Excuse me but he grew an extra inch recently which means his BMI isn't obese . - something that happened last year when Donnie showed Dr. Oz his totally real medical record.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Poppies are for nationalist cunts who haven't grown up past the "pinch someone if they're not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Isn’t this the guy who’s about to go to prison that’s fishing for a pardon?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EmmyOk posted:

Poppies are for nationalist cunts who haven't grown up past the "pinch someone if they're not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day"

It's become really trendy here to make or buy fancy beaded/ceramic/etc poppies that you can just reuse every year which defeats the entire point of the poppy campaign, which is to buy a new one every year as donations to veterans groups. So yeah, you're wearing a poppy, but it didn't do poo poo to actually help anyone other than self-congratulate your own masturbatory rear end. It's the "thoughts and prayers" of November 11.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Picnic Princess posted:

It's become really trendy here to make or buy fancy beaded/ceramic/etc poppies that you can just reuse every year which defeats the entire point of the poppy campaign, which is to buy a new one every year as donations to veterans groups. So yeah, you're wearing a poppy, but it didn't do poo poo to actually help anyone other than self-congratulate your own masturbatory rear end. It's the "thoughts and prayers" of November 11.

I remember the white poppy campaign a few years ago in Canada and there was a huge backlash against it because it does take away from the donations to veterans. Support groups for them are so badly funded across the board that it's the least you can do to give some change each November.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Good Citizen posted:

Isn’t this the guy who’s about to go to prison that’s fishing for a pardon?

Exactly.

Re: poppy chat: the whole thing is mystifying to us in :patriot: because we already had a "remember dead veterans" day (Memorial Day, after the Civil War), so November 11 got modded to Veterans Day, when we honor living veterans.

Last I knew, the American Legion Auxiliary did poppies here on Memorial Day and the Veterans of Foreign Wars did poppies on Veterans Day, but since my dad died I haven't kept up.

The poppies here are made by veterans with disabilities, if I recall correctly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

This reminds me of the exchange like this that involved believing in God. Something like the first person saying "well if you can't see it how do you believe in it???" and the super smart person going "don't you believe in God though?"

In other words, this seems like STDH just like that was. But keep in mind, this is 2017 and nothing matters anymore so it's probably real.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Grimdude posted:

This reminds me of the exchange like this that involved believing in God. Something like the first person saying "well if you can't see it how do you believe in it???" and the super smart person going "don't you believe in God though?"

In other words, this seems like STDH just like that was. But keep in mind, this is 2017 and nothing matters anymore so it's probably real.

...did you quote the wrong post?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

In the UK they are a perfectly normal thing that normal people in real life will engage with a few days a year and are entirely appropriate.

On social media they are unsurprisingly taken on by the usual suspect culture warriors who do what they do with every thing they touch.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Jippa posted:

On social media they are unsurprisingly taken on by the usual suspect culture warriors who do what they do with every thing they touch.

Those people also exist in real life.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Poppy Watch is a good account to follow if you want to see how ridiculously twisted a symbol that was supposed to remind us of the horrors of war has become

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/925684331124838400?s=17

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Yeah, cause wasn't the whole point to represent the poppy fields that the dead soldiers effectively fertilized in the aftermath of the war? That all the hope and dreams of millions of soldiers are reduced to nothing due to the war and the folly of man, as the earth took back the blighted hellscape that trench warfare turned vast swathes of the country into? Or am I thinking too bleakly about it?

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Nov 12, 2017

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, cause wasn't the whole point to represent the poppy fields that the dead soldiers effectively fertilized in the aftermath of the war? That all the hope and dreams of millions of soldiers are reduced to nothing due to the war and the folly of man, as the earth took back the blighted hellscape that trench warfare turned vast swathes of the country into? Or am I thinking too bleakly about it?

Yeah that and the red colour of the Poppy flower is a reminder of the blood spilt on those fields.

You can't think too bleakly when you're dealing with post-WWI poetry.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

yeah and I posted the wrong tweet from that account

I meant to post this one

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/929634884699615233?s=17

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I meant to post this one

This account is fantastic

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/928723056822013957

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Remember the guys acting as Tommies at a train station in London during the 100th “anniversary” of the first day of the Somme (July 1st, 1916). It was really poignant and moving, seeing those troopers calmly stand still and looking towards the station clock at 07:30, the moment thousands of troops left their trenches (of which 20 000 would die on that day ALONE).

More of that kind of remembrance, and less salami-riddled pizzas, is what I’m saying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rumda posted:

Yeah that and the red colour of the Poppy flower is a reminder of the blood spilt on those fields.

You can't think too bleakly when you're dealing with post-WWI poetry.

Not post, present. McCrae wrote In Flanders Fields shortly after the 2nd battle of Ypres.
He, like Wilfred Owen, was killed before the war ended.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/359777715185913857?s=17

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Oh my God, this heap of lard will be president on the centennial anniversary of Armistice Day. I wonder what world leader he’ll insult/jerk off while holding a speech comparing the red poppies to his electoral map-painting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Breaking my coffee maker I already bought to own the libs
https://twitter.com/fuctupmind/status/929567516757774336

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Breaking my coffee maker I already bought to own the libs
https://twitter.com/fuctupmind/status/929567516757774336

OMG, a company based in Bernie-land somehow doesn't like Fox News?

Although I know a lot of people in Bernie-land that love the gently caress out of Fox News.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Baron Corbyn posted:

I meant to post this one

“Good-morning, good-morning!” the General said
When we met him last week on our way to the line.
Now the soldiers he smiled at are most of 'em dead,
And we're cursing his staff for incompetent swine.
“He's a cheery old card,” grunted Harry to Jack
As they slogged up to Arras with rifle and pack.

But he did for them both by his plan of attack.

--- Siegfried Sassoon

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Krispy Wafer posted:

OMG, a company based in Bernie-land somehow doesn't like Fox News?

Although I know a lot of people in Bernie-land that love the gently caress out of Fox News.

No, they did support and advertise on Fox. But Keurig pulled their Hannity advertising when he proclaimed that a 32-yr old dude dating a 14-yr old is cool and good and nothing to worry about.
This is what these retards are mad about.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

TotalLossBrain posted:

No, they did support and advertise on Fox. But Keurig pulled their Hannity advertising when he proclaimed that a 32-yr old dude dating a 14-yr old is cool and good and nothing to worry about.
This is what these retards are mad about.

Well obviously, all voters love bad coffee. They probably advertise on Maddow as well.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Time posted:

HE DIDN'T MARRY THEM YOU HORRIBLE WOMAN AND I'M SURE YOU WOULD HAVE A CONNIPTION IF SOMEONE ELSE DID THAT poo poo OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE

I hate my state so much right now.

Me too, man. :smith:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Fine, I won't throw rocks at Roy Moore. Is there some option between that and electing him to the Senate?

Also, how the hell does someone named "Muhammad" support Moore? I've heard of voting against your own interests, but seriously?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jurgan posted:

Also, how the hell does someone named "Muhammad" support Moore? I've heard of voting against your own interests, but seriously?

He's one of the good ones! :downs:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

dude is literally saying its fine to do stuff with 14 year olds if their parents approve of it which is pretty widespread in fundamentalist religion. Of course, that involves marriage which Moore definitely was not a part of with the children he was with

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Aesop Poprock posted:

dude is literally saying its fine to do stuff with 14 year olds if their parents approve of it which is pretty widespread in fundamentalist religion. Of course, that involves marriage which Moore definitely was not a part of with the children he was with

It's not just marriage, a lot of fundamentalists believe that children under 18 are literally just objects their parents own, like a car or a lawnmower. It's not necessarily a conscious thought but it's pervasive culturally.

e: As for Moore: I suppose as a judge you probably want someone whose approach is "this is about what the law says, not how I feel about it", but when the judge wants to be a lawmaker suddenly how he personally feels about what's permissible is a lot more relevant.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 19:39 on Nov 12, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jurgan posted:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Fine, I won't throw rocks at Roy Moore. Is there some option between that and electing him to the Senate?

Didn't the OG Muhammad like em young?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

EX250 Type R posted:

Didn't the OG Muhammad like em young?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERZqkUqw-xg

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/RobertFarmerMD/status/280822529361330176

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Was his cure bleach or was that someone else who said it was a parasite worm disease?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

maswastaken posted:

Was his cure bleach or was that someone else who said it was a parasite worm disease?

His cure is enormous doses of copper supplements. I've run across him a couple times since he lives in my area; his MD is from a Caribbean diploma mill, and he literally thinks hundreds of diseases are caused by magic parasitic worms that are passed to fetuses during pregnancy and that can't be detected but still exist.

Cure Diabetes, Parkinson's, & Chronic Disease posted:

The main deficiency in the understanding of these many diseases seems to lie in the refusal of people to consider parasitic worm disease as a possibility; many people consider the suggestion that they have a parasitic (worm) infection to be an insult, rather than merely an objective observation or explanation. My findings, then, are the result of the application of pure reason, free of any prejudice.

quote:

These parasitic worms... will be found to cause many diseases, perhaps more than 100 of them. This organism might even disprove the existence of autoimmune diseases, diseases of which no one has ever been cured (thereby being an ineffective model of disease), as far as I am aware.

In other words, he has no idea how medicine or rational thought actually work. (Note that he started making these claims within days of getting his diploma-mill MD.)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Keurig/status/929433920243986432

Probably won't get deleted, but screenshotted for those numbers:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the three-eyed sad-face logo.