Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also it's S-E, they have no compunctions about changing how combat works between sequels if they want. Unless it's DragonQuest anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A follow up to Super Mario Maker needs proper Super Mario Bros 2 support.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Tileset wise or gameplay wise?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I want a Wart Amiibo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What's the consensus on how playable Doom is in portable?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

KingSlime posted:

Tileset wise or gameplay wise?

Both, ideally. I love the green hills and waterfalls from SMB2, as well as the weird enemies, like Shyguys, Mouser, Phanto, and Birdo, but I also really love how you can pick up and throw a bunch of stuff. SMB3/SMW, while technically superior games, aren't the same in terms of throwing and digging and whatnot.

I know it was more or less a happy accident, but I love how absolutely weird SMB2 felt most of the time.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Super Mario Odyssey Maker with those fog world abstract platforming elements in a THPS-style level editor.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I'm currently 430 moons in and can't stop

Collecting everything is really fun and rewarding in this one, we are most def not talking about a korok seed situation. I'm gonna try and 100% collect all purp nurps (that's shorthand for purple coins) and moons, and hopefully won't be distracted by something else before then

Also I'm currently loading up the e-shop because I have an extra $30 in this week's budget so

E: ehhh nothing is grabbing me, I should just continue working through odyssey and botw because rocket league is mothafucking out on Tuesday

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 12, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Electromax posted:

Super Mario Odyssey Maker with those fog world abstract platforming elements in a THPS-style level editor.

I wanted a Captain Toad Maker ever since playing Treasure Tracker

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

veni veni veni posted:

What's the consensus on how playable Doom is in portable?

Very playable. It’s really impressive that that game is playable at all portably.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nice. Do you think even higher difficulties would be something someone could tackle with the Joycons? I'm actually super comfortable with the Joycons but I'm just imagining them on an FPS like Doom on Ultra violence, then remembering how much I got knocked around even with a Dualshock 4.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Devoyniche posted:

I dont know how they would do a World Ends With You sequel without 2 screens without tearing up some of the core mechanics and features of the game.

There's a really good port for iPhone that revamps the combat to work on a single screen. It gets a little simplified but it also uses the multi-touch on the iphone screen in some neat ways. I don't necessarily prefer it to the dual screen version, but if I had never played the original I'd think it was a great combat system

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

veni veni veni posted:

Nice. Do you think even higher difficulties would be something someone could tackle with the Joycons? I'm actually super comfortable with the Joycons but I'm just imagining them on an FPS like Doom on Ultra violence, then remembering how much I got knocked around even with a Dualshock 4.

I think you can get used to it with joycons. The bigger issue with higher difficulties is that the game chugs more with more enemies on screen.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Doom is dynamically blurry, which means in a constant state of being unclear to different degrees
Way to double down being mad about the fact that you don't understand what words mean lmao.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I can’t wait for all the “pfff, my i9 gaming rig with dual GTX 1080’s and 32g of RAM makes it look way better” posts that completely miss the point.

Called it!!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Cobalt Viper posted:

Way to double down being mad about the fact that you don't understand what words mean lmao.

Companies and reviewers use words and phrases purposely but hey you were making a strong play with “Webster’s dictionary defined democracy as”

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Your posting is really dynamic

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think any games are out there using "dynamic resolution" as a selling point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The more I learn about this game, the happier I become with my preorder

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Some dude in a gbs thread is arguing that Mario is crippled by Nintendos hardware and would be more impressive on a gaming rig right now :v:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Companies and reviewers use words and phrases purposely but hey you were making a strong play with “Webster’s dictionary defined democracy as”

pull up my dude

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

veni veni veni posted:

Some dude in a gbs thread is arguing that Mario is crippled by Nintendos hardware and would be more impressive on a gaming rig right now :v:

Do these kind of people even enjoy playing video games? It’s all just numbers and forum arguments with them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Lol miyamoto release odyssey on steam. Real Gamers™ demand it!!!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Infinitum posted:

The more I learn about this game, the happier I become with my preorder

The more I learn about the game, the more it looks less like a Xenoblade Chronicles sequel. Which is fine, except they are calling it Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I prefer playing games on my (too expensive) PC most of the time when given the option but good god do people always go overboard with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So excited for this JRPG. The more I see of this game the more hyped I get. Having it on a mobile platform is going to be the best.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
not really sure how higher resolutions etc would make Mario that much better, especially since it already runs at a sexi 60fps

creativity-wise it's just soooo good and the Switch isn't horribly underpowered where they had to limit their vision or anything stupid like that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

not really sure how higher resolutions etc would make Mario that much better, especially since it already runs at a sexi 60fps

creativity-wise it's just soooo good and the Switch isn't horribly underpowered where they had to limit their vision or anything stupid like that

I guess it would be neat playing in 144fps and 4K or something but that doesn’t exactly seem like an earthshattering improvement.

I prefer the portability anyway.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
new character and stage for Arms

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/929665080899153920

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol miyamoto release odyssey on steam. Real Gamers™ demand it!!!

Lol actually he was arguing that odyssey was a lovely game for babies and that maybe it could be more of a real game on PC.

It was also very clear he had never played it when he described how bad it was.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Devoyniche posted:

I dont know how they would do a World Ends With You sequel without 2 screens without tearing up some of the core mechanics and features of the game.

Mandatory separate joy con play scheme where you control each character with one joy con

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

veni veni veni posted:

I guess TECHNICALLY that's true but like... Mario is one of those things you don't NEED to do that with. The games always have a very specific style that isn't about pushing graphics, but about having a really nice looking cohesive aesthetic. I mean even Odyssey's weird mishmash of different styles all work together really well. There's really nothing that better graphical power would be able to do to improve it. I guess things like water effects and texture stuff would be a bit better? But I'd argue that stuff doesn't need to be. Nintendo makes very colorful stylized games that really wouldn't be improved all that much by a powerful gaming rig. And they always run at 60fps.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I can preload skyrim and xenoblade yes?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
affirmative

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I forgot ARMS was a thing. lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it sold well

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's really too bad switch Skyrim and VR Skyrim are coming out at almost the same time. Having portable Skyrim sounds dope but VR Skyrim sounds even more so, and I just cannot justify buying this game sooo many times. I'll defiantly get the switch version when I can dig it up for 30 bucks or less.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

a.lo posted:

it sold well

Sold well because of lack of options, probably makes sense it’s one of the most returned for credit Nintendo games at GameStop

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

a.lo posted:

it sold well

Better than the new street fighter and tekken combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sold well because of lack of options, probably makes sense it’s one of the most returned for credit Nintendo games at GameStop

I dont go to gamestop

• Locked thread