Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Chilichimp posted:

Atlanta will smite that bitch Jerruh Jones and his 'boys today.

I feel it in my buns.

That is literally the only opponent Atlanta can face that I will lend my meaningless support for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If you would have told me that the Bills rookie QB would have more passing touchdowns than Drew Brees, but they still won 47 - 10, I would have called you nuts.

It's a hell of a running day at sea, sir. Who Dat, baby!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

weird Asian candy posted:

Saints man...wow...legit.

Gonna lock up this division by week 13.

The Saints could definitely wilt just enough down the stretch to let the Panthers pass them. They certainly have in the past.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints could definitely wilt just enough down the stretch to let the Panthers pass them. They certainly have in the past.

I dunno man. Solid defense goes a long way, something they haven't had in forever. I feel like you guys are gonna run away with this division.

Congrats! I'm at a point in my Falcons hatred that I want you to do well. Like shacking up with your girls worst enemy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Win a ring for Adrian Peterson!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'm watching the game today in full. Lord help my blood pressure.

If it goes south, I always have Shadow of War and Mario Odessey to pick me up :unsmith:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My thoughts, towards the end of the Saints/Bills game:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Lol another turnover negated by penalty

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Cyah devonta...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Cyah devonta...

2nd concussion this year.

This year sucks.

Also what a dumb challenge. Ugh.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

weird Asian candy posted:

I dunno man. Solid defense goes a long way, something they haven't had in forever. I feel like you guys are gonna run away with this division.

Im still not totally sold on the much improved defense. They’ve played a string of really bad offensive teams with rookies or backups at QB. This was the first really game they put together against a decent offense.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

4-12 staring us in the face.

What is that like 5 or 6 tipped/dropped pass interceptions for Matt? I'd love to see him go off on his receivers. This is ridiculous.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How Julio never gets pi calls will never cease to amaze me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The drew brees rushing touchdown is a short film about a man desparately trying to find a way to get out of doing something he doesnt want to do and then being forced to anyway.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

The drew brees rushing touchdown is a short film about a man desparately trying to find a way to get out of doing something he doesnt want to do and then being forced to anyway.

lmao

"Really? *sigh* god drat it, fine"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Barudak posted:

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Dude looked like he was about to slide all the way up until the 2 yd line.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
The team is so good at everything except its receivers getting open this year. A bit of an odd thing but I guess that's what happens when you invest in talent everywhere else.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Clayborne now single game sack record holder for the falcons at 6 sacks.

Edit:

And Joe Buck just closed out a broadcast where a player set a franchise sack record vamping at length with Aikman about a game he got sacked in a lot almost 30 years ago.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 13, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The team is so good at everything except its receivers getting open this year. A bit of an odd thing but I guess that's what happens when you invest in talent everywhere else.

Julio, Sanu, Gabriel is one of the better trios in the league, but yeah their routes are sealed up good for whatever reason. Throw in Hooper who can get open but not catch, no screen game,and a criminally under and misused Coleman and uh yeah... offense has been poo poo, but I still blame Sark more than anyone else.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That'll do donkey, that'll do.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Im still not totally sold on the much improved defense. They’ve played a string of really bad offensive teams with rookies or backups at QB. This was the first really game they put together against a decent offense.

Dude, ANY defense is much better than what we've had for the past few years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Its theoretically possible to have a worse defense, but thankfully the technology to clone Jason David does not yet exist.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s certainly better, but I can’t shake the feeling that the defense from the first couple of games is going to reappear when we play a team with a pulse on offense.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Julio, Sanu, Gabriel is one of the better trios in the league, but yeah their routes are sealed up good for whatever reason. Throw in Hooper who can get open but not catch, no screen game,and a criminally under and misused Coleman and uh yeah... offense has been poo poo, but I still blame Sark more than anyone else.

I understand the confusion but I'm a Saints fan. My avatar is making fun of your Stadium being a Goatse homage.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Who is this Adrian Clayborn fella? He new? Never heard of him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Its theoretically possible to have a worse defense, but thankfully the technology to clone Jason David does not yet exist.

I'm too lazy to do it, but you know how people make those "best of" lists for the best possible collection of players ever?

I wonder what is the ultimate worst defense you could make with Saints defenders from the past. Jason David would be up there. My other immediate thought would be Johnathan Sullivan. Admittedly, I don't know much about the Saints before the late 80s, and the defense was good then.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm too lazy to do it, but you know how people make those "best of" lists for the best possible collection of players ever?

I wonder what is the ultimate worst defense you could make with Saints defenders from the past. Jason David would be up there. My other immediate thought would be Johnathan Sullivan. Admittedly, I don't know much about the Saints before the late 80s, and the defense was good then.

The saddest part of such a list is that for most teams the correct answer would be “no player/open field” but the Saints are so bad that we have actual players paid money to be statisically worse than an uncovered man.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

Jason David, Brandon Browner and...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thomas Morestead didn't punt at all today, so....

https://twitter.com/thomasmorstead/status/929837946945064960

Also, they apparently had a streaker in Buffalo. Wonder how cold it was.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/929814691550986240

https://twitter.com/Alex_Gill31/status/929813674050560000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jNCKvseO98

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 13, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

That Works posted:

Jason David, Brandon Browner and...

Browner was worse than David. David would just completely fail to cover his man. Browner was good for multiple 15 yard/spot of foul penalties per game, in addition to being completely unable to cover his man.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs won one of the saddest football games played this year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I understand the confusion but I'm a Saints fan. My avatar is making fun of your Stadium being a Goatse homage.

I don't care.

edit: Also, I'm the last poster who's gonna give you sympathy for rocking an avatar linked to a fandom you don't have.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Who is this Adrian Clayborn fella? He new? Never heard of him.

Can't wait for his hate-boner in both of the upcoming Buccs/Falcons games.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/GuyZaboA/status/929875199394304000

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I don't care.

edit: Also, I'm the last poster who's gonna give you sympathy for rocking an avatar linked to a fandom you don't have.

You responded to me as if we were talking about the same team and I was just clearing up obvious confusion. I didn't expect any sympathy and I'm not sure why I'd need it.

Hating on the Falcons is like the second most important part of Saints fandom.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 13, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You responded to me as if we were talking about the same team and I was just clearing up obvious confusion. I didn't expect any sympathy and I'm not sure why I'd need it.

Hating on the Falcons is like the second most important part of Saints fandom.

Well, I used to rock an avatar of the Rams beating the Broncos from like 2013 because it was one of the funniest upsets ever.

Everyone thought I was a Rams fan.

Also, I mean... who gives a gently caress about the Saints, amirite? Gais?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Well, I used to rock an avatar of the Rams beating the Broncos from like 2013 because it was one of the funniest upsets ever.

Everyone thought I was a Rams fan.

Also, I mean... who gives a gently caress about the Saints, amirite? Gais?

*silent disapproval *

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

*silent disapproval *

That works.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs won one of the saddest football games played this year.

That game was terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Luigi Thirty posted:

That game was terrible

I live in NY so this was my chance to sit down and watch the Bucs for once. I've missed like half of their games that were televised here over the last few years. I missed their last two games against the giants and the SNF game last year because those happened to be weeks my friends and I got Jets tickets and so I spent the train ride home refreshing the app to get the play by play.

Usually when I get to watch the Bucs on TV it's the usual TNF Massacre.

• Locked thread