Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'm glad that they specified that the seals in the forge will not be given away in future events. It was the primary reason I didn't go ham into Spur City. Now I fully intend to once I have upgraded each and ever basic skill seal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

tithin posted:

That was me

now first of all: congratulations my friend
Secondly: How much did you spend?

these purchasinh choices brought to you by being dumped and scotch

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I decided to be boring and upgrade my speed and attack seals to +3 because pure stats are extremely underrated, but I'm glad this event came along so I could get Brash Assault 3 and take Arden to Follow-Up City

Clawtopsy posted:

goondolences :saddowns:

(please make your rent rather than buying further henrys)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I can't upgrade my seals because I don't have enough badges and the thought of playing the Training Tower to farm them disgusts me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Clawtopsy posted:

thats ok real people are trash

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Clarste posted:

I can't upgrade my seals because I don't have enough badges and the thought of playing the Training Tower to farm them disgusts me.

a u t o - b a t t l e

Clawtopsy posted:

:sympathy:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Clawtopsy posted:

You're me, and chasing Ayra, like two weeks ago.

except for the being dumped thing, sorry dude :(

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Andrast posted:

I should probably use some of these 300 ancient coins I have

My Discount Adult Tiki now features Deflect Magic 3.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

My Discount Adult Tiki now features Deflect Magic 3.

Deflect magic doesn't really do anything on her though?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 12, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Andrast posted:

Deflect magic doesn't really anything on her though?

She doesn't need it, I just put it on because I can. None of my seals have permanent homes, I move them as needed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

She doesn't need it, I just put it on because I can. None of my seals have permanent homes, I move them as needed.

It's just that a RES+1 seal would do more on her since in almost all cases the deflect magic does literally nothing

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

Deflect magic doesn't really do anything on her though?

she can allllllllmost survive rein with it :(

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
watersweep, darting blow, triple breath of life inigo :frog:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

she can allllllllmost survive rein with it :(

With Fortify Dragons, she in fact does survive a plain +ATK Deathblow3 Reinhardt, but she already do that with Distant Defense 3. Not that it's a good idea unless in a pinch.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 12, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
These seals seem ridicious

edit: Oh, boo. It's just the skills being used. There's no actual seals.

Tae fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 12, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I like the seals as a kind of patch for lovely IVs. It certainly makes getting a -DEF Inigo much less infuriating.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
i pulled two -atk elincias in a row

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i pulled two -atk elincias in a row

Out of my five Elincias, four were -ATK (the one I'm using is +RES/-DEF)

Like, I appreciate the game constantly handing me Elincias but could you please give a good nature.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

ah gently caress, I have to wait three more days for something to do??? more banners please

sir there are new special maps

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm glad that they specified that the seals in the forge will not be given away in future events. It was the primary reason I didn't go ham into Spur City. Now I fully intend to once I have upgraded each and ever basic skill seal.

I'm glad you mentioned that in the thread cause I don't usually read the announcement popup. Not at all surprised at DD being the top rank 3 seal, I've basically ranked my top 4 the same way.

Clarste posted:

Grind for seals at the same time you grind for the 15 Cav/Air/Armor quests.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So I've been sitting on this Wo Dao+ for a while. My Hana already has one and my Olivia is doing too well with a Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3 to change. Is there any other unit who wants it? The Athena I have is -ATK so I'm not investing in her.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Roger Explosion posted:

So I've been sitting on this Wo Dao+ for a while. My Hana already has one and my Olivia is doing too well with a Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3 to change. Is there any other unit who wants it? The Athena I have is -ATK so I'm not investing in her.

Lon'qu :getin:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Roger Explosion posted:

Any fast red, or anyone who can reliably double with QR or brash assault/desperation fuckery.

*deep breath*

Palla was a good candidate before Elincia stole her crown, though the build is still good. Arden is good, though he's plenty lethal with his brave sword anyhow. It's an improvement for Draug, though, and he's aaaalmost fast enough with +spd. Hinata is good for the defensive version - he's tanky as hell, so keeping qr up shouldn't be too much of a problem. For cavalry... Seth maybe? Almost all of the red cavaliers have unique weapons lol.

Anyhow, my current btc project is MOGO, Make Oscar Great Ogain. Since I can't give him his one true weapon (a custom made bright purple javelin named The Crimean Penetrator), I'm gonna give him Mathilda's lance and shove him on a defensive team with Cecilia and eventually Ursula as a giant gently caress you to Horse Emblem.

Currently thinking:

Weapon: Ridersbane+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Luna
A: Fury
B: Currently thinking :wom:, could give him Cancel Affinity but I'm not sure how many people run Cecilia in arena offence - I know I do :v:
C: Ward/Fortify cav
Seal: Panic Ploy or Deflect Magic/Missile

Is this a terrible idea?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Roger Explosion posted:

Palla can make good use of one, along with Swordbreaker. I dumped my Palla in favor of Elincia, but if I were still using her I'd give her that. I mean if I had one...

Re: Seals, I have upgraded Distant Defense and Deflect Magic/Missile. Not sure which one to do next. Fortify Def to make Eirika an even better buffbot? Atk+ to patch up my poor Hector's bane?

... Of course if I get my spoopy boy Henry, Hector is probably not long for the armor team anyway. I would be sorely tempted to feed his -atk rear end to Amelia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

give it to my draug

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't think I like Lon'qu, Seth, Hinata or Draug enough to bother with them and Arden is keeping his Brave Sword because quads are sick. Palla's been booted off my main flier team in favour of Halloween Nowi, and her Ruby Sword+ was always kinda meh. I can't imagine her not being a part of the back-up melee flier team I have so I might give her a shot with it.

Silver Falcon posted:

Re: Seals, I have upgraded Distant Defense and Deflect Magic/Missile. Not sure which one to do next. Fortify Def to make Eirika an even better buffbot? Atk+ to patch up my poor Hector's bane?
Speed seals. Everyone can make use of more speed.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You can always keep the Athena in case you pull a cool sword that you like.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
guidance is the best seal actually

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

guidance is the best seal actually

:agreed:

It saved my units on multiple occasions

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Best seal is clearly deflect magic

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

Best seal is clearly deflect magic

Is that useful only for reinhardt and if you're trying for some reason to tank him with a blue?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Nino died to him without it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I have no good flyers so the guidance seal is a big nothing

Like my mvp for the flying missions is fuckign Navarre of all people

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Regular nowi tanks him like a champ with the deflect magic seal. So does Hector, who then smacks tinyhands into oblivion.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A hector doesn't have hardy seal??

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

A hector doesn't have hardy seal??

Why would you want that?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Tired Moritz posted:

I have no good flyers so the guidance seal is a big nothing

Like my mvp for the flying missions is fuckign Navarre of all people

Navarre doesn't fly???!!!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Today in arena:

I don't really get the CA on Donnel, gotta admit. At first I thought it was because this person was using Donnel to counter TA/Raven Cecilias but he also has a +8 Ryoma so idk

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
They have infantry pulse on their lowest hp char lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Navarre doesn't fly???!!!

Wow I made this mistake twicw already. I meant Narcian.