Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My plan for the night was to have some pizza and Red Bull (the latter of which I don't indulge in very often), watch Lurdiak's Scream Stream, go to bed late, and wake up late tomorrow.

Well, my dad's flight out today got cancelled, so he asked me to pick him up and drive him home, causing me to miss the first chunk of the stream. He got a new flight tomorrow morning that he asked me to drive him to, early enough that I'll have to skip the second major chunk of the stream just to get some sleep. Said sleep will be a bit harder to attain because of the caffeine in the once-in-a-blue-moon time I allow myself to indulge in some caffeinated sugar-water.

Oh, and I'm tired right now, which would be great to get to sleep... except I'll just wake up in four hours or so, wide awake. ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did you know fruit flies can apparently survive in a fridge? Because there's fruit flies in my fridge. I purged everything from there that they could use as a home base, but I don't know where they originated from.

Time to break out the apple vinegar/dish soap combo and get annoyed by the little bastards for a few days until they all make their way in there, I guess

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Like, surely there is a way to respond to these lies as lies, right? You had a job for 12 years and don't get a chance to defend yourself at all? You must be leaving something out.

They make more than the average employee and the company needed an excuse to get him off the payroll so they could replace him with a temp or somebody cheaper.

Don't assume malice when avarice will suffice.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Listen this is a bitching safe space. Don't question. I already made that mistake.

pming people is probably a better idea because whoever probably doesnt want to share more info in posts

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
I'm old.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
At around midnight I was woken abruptly by screaming that wouldn't stop. Turns out it was the horrific screaming winds outside, and I could see the silhouettes of trees flailing around wildly in the 70+ mph winds. I couldn't sleep upstairs, was too terrified of one of the large trees around my house falling on it, so I slept unsoundly on the couch downstairs. Woke up in the morning and went outside to survey the damage, a bunch of roof shingles were all over, and an entire row of trees in my side yard were thrown to the ground in a big row. The space between the tree in the center-left and the tree on the far right used to be full of trees, now there's just a big ol' void.

Haven't had power since last night, and no signs of the power company. Apparently half a million people in massachusetts are without power right now, and on the way to my dentist I drove under a maple tree that was just casually resting on some power lines over the road.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
note to self: no going back

hope things get better for you guys.

e: feeling healthy enough to volunteer at a japanese friendship garden again. all i do is sit on my rear end writing down reports of whatever people bought. forgot headphones smh

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Nov 1, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job I really want and I'm gonna fuggen baaaaarf.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My scheduling department asked if I could pick up a shift Saturday night at my site, and I figured I could use the overtime and accepted. Immediately he tells me whoops! that shift wasn't open since they actually already had someone, but since you said you're free, we have other shifts you can work at sites that are only an hour and a half commute away!

He also decided to pull this poo poo on the day between two night shifts, so I was too busy telling him to gently caress off with this garbage to get any sleep, now 10.5 hours into my shift I'm dangerously close to collapsing, and I still have an hour and a half to go.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I poo poo three times today

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Danaru posted:

My scheduling department asked if I could pick up a shift Saturday night at my site, and I figured I could use the overtime and accepted. Immediately he tells me whoops! that shift wasn't open since they actually already had someone, but since you said you're free, we have other shifts you can work at sites that are only an hour and a half commute away!

He also decided to pull this poo poo on the day between two night shifts, so I was too busy telling him to gently caress off with this garbage to get any sleep, now 10.5 hours into my shift I'm dangerously close to collapsing, and I still have an hour and a half to go.

Hope you made it out of there alive.

E: made the mistake of eating a midnight snack and I wake up at 3am unable to go back to sleep. Time to tire myself out. Hope my early morning posts didnt freak anyone out.

Tfw i get out of bed again for just a fart https://youtu.be/XhI0OVs_zj0

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Nov 2, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

We Know Catheters posted:

I poo poo three times today

Better out than in.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I found out my stepdad very, very likely has renal cell carcinoma in both of his kidneys. And it may have also metastasized. The doctor said the multiple shadows on his kidneys have an 85% chance of being cancerous. They can treat it with immunotherapy, because radiation and chemo both are literally useless against it, and as long as it hasn't metastasized, he has a chance at curing it. If it has though, he's turbofucked, and even if not, it's a long recovery and he will suffer a lot since immunotherapy apparently is intensely awful to endure.

This has been a real bad couple of weeks, hoo boy.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Heard today the rumor that they're holding an interview for my position. Which if true means they're probably going to start trying to get me fired. Considering that I'm already on a corrective action and therefore two steps away from being fired plus the way my bosses ignore me until they get mad about something I did or didn't do that I was/wasn't supposed to, that might be happening real soon. And as much as I hate this job and what it's doing to me lately, I'm also in the middle of trying to plan a wedding and buy a house on the other side of the state so I can't risk the disruption to my income right now.

These next few weeks are going to be interesting.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My legs hurt too much to walk.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
good morning the police are at my house because my 14-year-old sister threw the kitchen table at our mom because she can't go to Dave and Busters because she's grounded for stealing from her teachers at school

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
How big is this table?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

good morning the police are at my house because my 14-year-old sister threw the kitchen table at our mom because she can't go to Dave and Busters because she's grounded for stealing from her teachers at school

I stop reading the paper for a few months and Slylock Fox gets loving dark

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

How big is this table?

it seats eight

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I drank like two days ago, and my stomach is still scorched enough from it that I'm not feeling hungry for anything. So since I know that I need to, I'm eating, but it's like I'm eating after I already feel full.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My space heater broke. Good thing Amazon gets stuff here quickly and it's not the middle of winter yet.

InediblePenguin posted:

is your sister she-hulk?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

My space heater broke. Good thing Amazon gets stuff here quickly and it's not the middle of winter yet.

is your sister she-hulk?

She didn't pick it up over her head and toss it across the loving room overhand. It was more like flipping it but the kitchen's small, my sister's about 5'10 and not exactly a slight skinny damsel while our mom is almost 60 and exactly five feet tall, and it was a physical threat which she later followed up with punching. It is not the first time she has done this. But since she's ~only fourteen~ it was never taken seriously, even by the police the multiple times I've had to call them about it, until today (she was admitted to a hospital for mental health observation). Of course I'm not surprised it's not being taken seriously by goons either, we're goons.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Well, no, that is serious. I was impressed that a 14 year old could throw, or even flip, a large table.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hung out with a bunch of children and now my butt and wrists hurt.

Went rollerskating and fell a lot.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've had a lazy/not-feeling-up-for-anything day, but I bought a game on Steam that really seemed interesting. Figured it'd cheer me up. And hey, it was fun!

For like an hour, and then all its flaws cropped up, and I refunded it. It seemed super fun initially :(

late edit since I'm the last post: every time I need to restart my computer, something else pops up. Had to restart my computer as part of fixing an issue, and now Stardew Valley gives a Visual C# Command Line Compilter Has Stopped Working error, and my research into fixing that hasn't worked.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Nov 14, 2017

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
A trans friend died two weeks ago. Today was her funeral, and her parents - after telling the rest of her friends and family that she would be buried under her chosen, legal name - chose to bury her under her birth name instead. :sigh:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

^ that is way shittier than any of my problems today

(my problems are a toothache and firefox updated to v.57 and it's ugly poo poo and it broke a lot of my addons)

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
Over the weekend, a buddy and I were at some nerd party playing old arcade games until about midnight. After I dropped him off, he called me in a panic about half an hour later saying his wife, one of my best friends in the world, killed herself.

I've been keeping myself busy the past few days helping him put her affairs in order. It still just doesn't seem real to me. When he called me that night I just thought, "you're not making sense, he can she just be dead!?"

I'm sure it'll get easier in time, but it just hurts so much now.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Holy cow, that's awful. My deepest condolences. :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Last night I pulled a thing in my back. It was a bit better today, then I slipped and twisted and made it worse.

My fiance is back being friends with this hippie woo-woo jackass that everyone thinks is so chill. He used to be my boss and I've seen how disrespectfully he treats people the instant they do something slightly wrong. He thinks he's superior to everyone because of his diet and excercise and told me cancer could be cured by dbeing a vegetarian "but no one wants to committ." My fiance has cancer, it's genetic, and no cutting out meat is not going to loving help you lunatic. I get so frustrated that everyone thinks he's such a good guy to hang out with. Ugh.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Scathach posted:

Last night I pulled a thing in my back. It was a bit better today, then I slipped and twisted and made it worse.

My fiance is back being friends with this hippie woo-woo jackass that everyone thinks is so chill. He used to be my boss and I've seen how disrespectfully he treats people the instant they do something slightly wrong. He thinks he's superior to everyone because of his diet and excercise and told me cancer could be cured by dbeing a vegetarian "but no one wants to committ." My fiance has cancer, it's genetic, and no cutting out meat is not going to loving help you lunatic. I get so frustrated that everyone thinks he's such a good guy to hang out with. Ugh.

Sorry to hear abnout your back and your fiance's genetic cancer. You should secretly record the hippie voodoo witch-doctor and try to piss him off and then use that against him to discredit him. I hate to talk about this but there's that grey area where it does a lot more harm that whatever good he is thinking he is doing. Whatever drugs he is probably doing must be strong as hell. My friend, I wish you a good night and wish to hear more about this via PM, sorry I forgot to reply to your previous one. I will make an effort to respond tomorrow. I am mentally drained.

e: i wish you the best.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Some kids kept making too much noise outside so I had to yell at them to shut up.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
reviewed security camera footage. some guy was walking around the front of my house looking like he was casing the place. sent some stuff to the neighborhood watch group. he muttered somethings but i could have a hard time making it out.

We Know Catheters posted:

Some kids kept making too much noise outside so I had to yell at them to shut up.

when i was a kid, i used to press the car alarm on my dad's truck when the neighborhood kids touched it. it was funny at the time.
e: the button on the key's remote for the truck.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Nov 18, 2017

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
I miss skag

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Long and stressful day at work that left me with my hosed up knees hurting more than usual and dreading whatever tomorrow will bring. Then my finacee called to say because the two mortgage companies we were looking at ran her credit enough times her score dropped and she no longer qualifies for the financing we had earlier. So now dealing with one of the financers to try and add my lovely, uncertain income to the mix and pray it works. We were so, so close to having a place of our own and no longer living with our parents and now we're so, so close to losing it and starting over and I am freaking the gently caress out about this right now.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
I left my stupid car unlocked on accident last night and of course someone steals out of it, the ONE TIME I forget. I'm not even mad that they stole my old GPS, its hilarious because not only am i imagining them rummaging through all the papers and old ketchup packets in my glove compartment desperately trying to find anything of value they can take, but they forgot to take the loving charger for it

Hope it was worth it. I feel kinda violated my car is like an extension of my living space :(

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
Sunday night I was making a pork roast in the oven, and was baking the skin for my friends dogs. I pulled it out of the oven, and it chose that moment to have grease explosion.. across my face. Luckily I don't panic, so was able to flush with cold water. Then I went to the local medicentre - who refused to help me because I didn't have my health card on me (but I had the number in my phone). So I had to drive halfway across town to the nearest urgent Care centre. Turns out I got lucky, and it was a minor surface burn due to the quick rinsing. Not a fun day.

Then today, I found out that the file that was supposed to have been opened for getting financial support, and to help with looking after my sister, was never started. So now I'm $400 in the hole, with another $500 in bills due. I also can't afford to restock on balloons, so I'm running really low on colors. Gas is also iffy - I'm hoping for some decent tips tonight at the restaurant since it's kids night. :( I'm basically hosed, and now I have to sell off a bunch of stuff.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I got fired from my dream job

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought the Black Mesa game (the one that's a remake of Half-Life) on a whim yesterday due to a sale. A day later, they put out an update saying the Xen part, the one part I hadn't played, won't be out by December.

Like, I didn't even know it was gonna be out in December, and I'm not waiting on pins and needles to play it, but literally one day. Gah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My day was lovely today for many reasons, chief among them the realisation I cant even be happy when I'm spending the day with my son. I can only imagine the deep depression I will fall into after tomorrow when I have to spend the whole day with my former in-laws, my ex (the mother of my son) and the man she dumped me for.