Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is hosed up story.

If its not registering to you because its not something attacking the Trump admin to the core then you might be the one with very narrow tunnel vision. And if even indictments of Trump insiders don't register because they're not big enough then you might have REALLY narrow vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Red rover, red rover, send Putin right over...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I like it.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

This is hosed up story.

please explain how this is apparently anything more that two criminals in the military

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Captain Monkey posted:

That seems like exactly what I'd expect, to be honest.

I mean I expect this kind of poo poo from our regular military (and living close to several bases, see these kinds of stories fairly regularly). I guess maybe I'm just a little naive to think that the Navy Seals might be somewhat above that kind of petty poo poo. But I guess not, especially considering all the other hosed up poo poo they've been doing in Afghanistan.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

DrNutt posted:

I dunno it does seem like it's a pretty big deal in that it involves people who are part of America's most elite fighting forces behaving like a couple of high school dropout motor pool privates who found a way to make a quick buck.

17,250 Americans were murdered in 2016. Some dude stumbled on a criminal conspiracy, got killed, and the perpetrators have no cover story and are going to jail. I guess that's a feel good story, but it's hardly important.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That's the good poo poo my 25 dollars paid for. Slam these EAP pun placards directly into my veins.

edit:

On a related note. If Alabama still somehow elects Roy loving Moore to the Senate, lets seal it up behind a brick wall in the catacombs.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pakled posted:

Look at the age breakdown.

Any stats for the under-34 group are pretty unreliable.

Worth noting: they interviewed 550, so 3% means they asked literally 15 people under 35. Weirdos who have landlines. The real number for under 35 is probably worse. I think Moore is toast.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's horrifying and important but not to the thread dedicated to hooting and hollering until the piss tape comes out.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

How many will get piss tape is real tattoos?

You could also do 💦📽🇮🇱 if space is a concern.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Teddybear posted:

How many will get piss tape is real tattoos?

You could also do 💦📽🇮🇱 if space is a concern.

I dig it.

I'd get a tattoo but that's a long time to be ineligible to donate blood.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Withnail posted:

please explain how this is apparently anything more that two criminals in the military

Why are we in Niger, what have we been doing there?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Withnail posted:

to be fair it's not really uncommon for spec ops to engage in criminal behavior, people are just mad they did it outside the context of a mission

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mustached Demon posted:

It's horrifying and important but not to the thread dedicated to hooting and hollering until the piss tape comes out.

So it's welcome here and not in CSPAM?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

OhDearGodNo posted:

This wasn't the Niger casualty, or is that :thejoke:?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gyges posted:

Taft didn't purposefully wear clothing that was tailored to look like poo poo in order to try and pretend he wasn't fat. Dude owned that poo poo and decided to look period nice instead.

Here's the most similar images of the two I could find

Plus he rocked a pretty awesome mustache

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Fighting Boko Haram.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gaunab posted:

I don't like to do it, but sometimes I read reactions from Trump supporters when Trump does/tweet something stupid and it's awkward how much insecurity bleeds through. I guess believing in a successful buffoon gives them hope that one day they could achieve success despite their numerous flaws and failures.

Easiest way to shatter that "reality", ask them if they were born into wealth. If the answer is no, then they really have nothing in the bigly column

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

OhDearGodNo posted:

This is Mali, not Niger, and the answer is mostly intelligence-gathering against Islamist groups, for us and for the Malian government.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

Question, is there any real reason that Kim doesn't try to be friends with Trump? Like, he'd probably have to actually make signals to halting nuclear and projectile development. But I feel like he could put pretty minimal effort into actually becoming friends with Trump and getting sound bites of the US President talking about how Kim is a great guy and how North Korea is great. poo poo like, how hard would Kim have to work to get Trump to poo poo on South Korea?

This is a few pages late so I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, but if NK offered to rename the Ryugyong Hotel to Trump Pyongyang or something like that, they could probably get a peace treaty signed by the end of the year.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

When the mini stroke kicks in

Like he's in mid-sneeze

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Covok posted:

https://www.axios.com/democrats-versus-trump-over-daca-2508907781.html

Democrats will likely control and succeed at DACA deal.

How reliable is this source?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

OhDearGodNo posted:

We want their natural resources :rolleyes:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pakled posted:

This is Mali, not Niger, and the answer is mostly intelligence-gathering against Islamist groups, for us and for the Malian government.

To be fair Mali is ALSO fighting Boko Haram and friends, sons of bitches did meaningful damage to loving Timbuktu, but I too suspect the poster confused this with the gentleman who got left behind in the Niger retreat.

Which as far as we know wasn't intentional, just a clusterfuck, unlike this probably-murder.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Charlz Guybon posted:

How reliable is this source?

axios is pretty good and seems to have a lot of republican leadership contacts

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

My kid played a team from Toombs high school (Secretary of State for the Confederacy) and they were about 95% Black and that 5% White was still mixed.

Sad that I missed this like 20 pages ago. My wife's from there. They were one of those schools in the news a few years ago for still having segregated proms.

I was down there today actually. It's not a happy place.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

lol, proof religion fucks the mind. The only ones sliding the correct way are the unaffiliated, though not by much

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm assuming Panera Bread is to Krang what Arby's is to Jon Stewart?

I think Panera is meant to be a symbol of white slightly-upper-middle class suburbia, while jokes about Arby's are just about how their food sucks.

I recall "Panera moms/Republicans" being people who some thought would break for Clinton back in the halcyon days when we thought the Access Hollywood tape would turn off a significant amount of Republicans.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

trump doing his best asian impression to fit in

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

To be fair Mali is ALSO fighting Boko Haram and friends, sons of bitches did meaningful damage to loving Timbuktu, but I too suspect the poster confused this with the gentleman who got left behind in the Niger retreat.

Which as far as we know wasn't intentional, just a clusterfuck, unlike this probably-murder.

Goddamn it, I forgot they trashed Timbuktu.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dr Christmas posted:

I think Panera is meant to be a symbol of white slightly-upper-middle class suburbia, while jokes about Arby's are just about how their food sucks.

I recall "Panera moms/Republicans" being people who some thought would break for Clinton back in the halcyon days when we thought the Access Hollywood tape would turn off a significant amount of Republicans.
God you just reminded me about that 'Panera moms' bullshit and now I want to die

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

yellowcar posted:

trump doing his best asian impression to fit in

Trump thinking about how happy he that nobody can tell he's wearing diapers at that exact moment.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

lol, proof religion fucks the mind. The only ones sliding the correct way are the unaffiliated, though not by much

As the question is worded I have always been, am, and probably always will be a "yes". There are poor personal moral choices that have very little relevance to public policy.

If Kshama Sawant cheated on her husband*, I would still like her as a politician.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cochise posted:

Goddamn it, I forgot they trashed Timbuktu.

That's a big part of the emotional reason I probably wouldn't object to excessive drone strikes against Boko Haram even though philosophically I probably should have reservations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

I dunno, just last night or the night before we were talking about how "fragging" commanding officers used to be common practice. So a couple of SEALs murdering an intelligence officer seems... uh, mundane?

That was during the clusterfuck of Vietnam, since the military went all volunteer in '79 this kind of thing has been almost unheard of.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tim Whatley posted:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/929899680296816640
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/929902932778278912

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 13, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

https://twitter.com/yourbabyvacuum/status/929903148424138752

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Teddybear posted:

Who's the guy breaking the flow?

Also look at trumps face holy poo poo!
I've done plenty of event photography and could give you a terrible picture of anyone I pointed a camera at, but either Trump isn't capable of having a good picture taken or the people who take pictures don't want the good pictures shown. Probably both.

Furnaceface posted:

My favourite part of this weird timeline is the church of Satan turning out to be anti-Trump.
They're generally chill people.

Petr posted:

I'm struggling to see what's new here. We already knew about this story, and the only new detail I can find is that they're saying he was drunk and he probably wasn't.
That eliminates plausible deniability and shows that it's pretty clearly murder.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

I’m so sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

SocketWrench posted:

Still worse than Catholics, only as good as general non Evangelical Protestants. That is to say they are the second worst option behind the people that will openly say it's ok to rape a child but bad to be a Democrat. It *is* good they are actually trending the right way though.

• Locked thread