Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i drop caltrops and oil slicks from my car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

im pooping! posted:

i drop caltrops and oil slicks from my car

I pay a sexy actress to sit in the backseat of the car with an RPG.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/RO3ngTL.gifv

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Did the gun discharge into his leg?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

muscles like this! posted:

There was a Batman anniversary comic which told various alternate reality stories and one of them was about a Batman that had to deal with this. Everything started out the same where Bruce Wayne trained and equipped himself to fight crime, except after a couple of weeks he ran out of crime to stop. So to keep Bruce from going crazy without anything to do Alfred hires a bunch of his old actor friends to be supervillains. They would put together elaborate "crimes" (purposefully designed so nobody would get hurt) that Batman would then come in to stop.

This sounds really cool! What's the name of this comic?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

CommissarMega posted:

This sounds really cool! What's the name of this comic?

Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
People who voted for Face Eating Panther party surprised and dismayed when panther begins eating faces.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/929798246083497985
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/929799373730480128

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Did the gun discharge into his leg?

I think whatever he hit with the gun swam between his legs and scared him. Judging by the surroundings I'm pretty confidant in stating that what he was hunting was a chupacabra.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

He prefers old-school techniques.

Shaft did it first.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Samizdata posted:

I pay a sexy actress to sit in the backseat of the car with an RPG.
Seems like it'd be hard to roll the dice like that.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Untrustable posted:

The problem with Batman style vigilante justice is Batman often leaves dudes tied up in abandoned warehouses and poo poo and the cops just find them. In a real world situation you've just left some criminals to die, tied together in the old warehouse district.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Today's Australian politics schadenfreude deluxe edition:

After losing crackpot senator Malcolm Roberts over his dual citizenship, racist RWNJ party OneNation swore in his replacement Fraser Anning, today. An hour later, Anning defected from the party.

http://junkee.com/one-nation-fraser-anning-defection/134645

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Good dog

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Subjunctive posted:

When someone is tailgating me, I slow down to create more distance ahead of me, in hopes that I won’t have to brake as hard if something happens. Apparently some people find this infuriating?

Do you slow down by stomping the break and reducing your speed 40kmh? Because that's what was happening here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I guess the fact that unlike English, my native tongue doesn't even have a specific phrase for brake checking is an indication of very real cultural differences but I would think depressing the brake pedal a few times just enough for your brake lights to turn on would be enough? Not that even that isn't dangerous if there's traffic behind the tail-gater.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Drone_Fragger posted:

Counterpoint: it's your legal responsibility (in the uk at least) to leave enough distance so that if the car in front performs an emergency stop, you are able to safely do so as well.

It's also every driver's responsibility to do everything in your power to avoid an accident. That's why brake checking and causing an accident is illegal, no matter how much of a dick the other guy was. It's just hard to catch.

It's also illegal to hit a car parked in front of your driveway, for the same reason.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Please don't post people dying.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Doesn't she have a 3 film contract?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MrJacobs posted:

I think if you told her that right now, she'd probably laugh. And then shoot you.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Grem posted:

It's also illegal to hit a car parked in front of your driveway, for the same reason.

It's more fun to call the towing company and watch the offender get mad anyways :getin:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
If this were any other year or decade they would have just said "fine" and replaced her immediately.

It's great that she is playing that power play.

It's sad that it has to be played at all.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Nov 13, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Do you slow down by stomping the break and reducing your speed 40kmh? Because that's what was happening here.

I lift my foot off the accelerator and coast down.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Today's Australian politics schadenfreude deluxe edition:

After losing crackpot senator Malcolm Roberts over his dual citizenship, racist RWNJ party OneNation swore in his replacement Fraser Anning, today. An hour later, Anning defected from the party.

http://junkee.com/one-nation-fraser-anning-defection/134645

yeah but hes probably gonna wind up with bernardi's conservatives so it's all much of a muchness in the end

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I think if you told her that right now, she'd probably laugh. And then shoot you.

Probably, but holding up a multi-million dollar project she might already supposed to be committed to (I dunno if she did sign a 3 picture deal but its very common)would awaken so many lawyers she couldn't possibly shoot all of them.

Edit: NM I forgot all about Batman v Superman so she should be up for re-negotiations if there was a 3 picture deal in place.

MrJacobs has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Nov 13, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Lone Badger posted:

I lift my foot off the accelerator and coast down.

The dust on my windscreen suddenly bothers me much more than it did a moment before.

The same goes for the back window.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MrJacobs posted:

That was for WW, Justice League and Batman Vs. Superman; Wonder Woman 2 isn't included.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMexWc3CEI

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
8? More like 18.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That's a big 8 year old

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

8? More like 18.

That is not an adult.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I was about that size when I was 8 :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

8? More like 18.

Pull up Bloody Hedgehog! Pull up!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

It is amazing that the internet had already created the scenario I described.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Counterpoint: it's your legal responsibility (in the uk at least) to leave enough distance so that if the car in front performs an emergency stop, you are able to safely do so as well.

You can see in a lot of the clips that the brake checker is (sometimes illegally) passing, merging in front of them, and then immediately stomping on the brakes. A lot of the victims are semi-trucks which absolutely do not have the capacity to stop in time to prevent this garbage. It's an insurance scam. And a pretty easily foiled one too, for the morons that are caught doing it on camera.

Not in all of them, mind, sometimes it is just to punish a tailgater. Tailgating is dickish and rear-ending someone because you were following too closely is a stupid way to drive up your insurance rate (and a gross misdemeanor here in MN) but brake checking is deliberately being dangerous and can cause some gnarly accidents so you're a real rear end in a top hat for doing it.

RyokoTK has a new favorite as of 05:28 on Nov 13, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grem posted:

People still do it anyway. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6uifwhRxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re9iwGiAo4Q

Also double parked cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXcf47POys&t=75s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86kYrDPkP9g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pull up Bloody Hedgehog! Pull up!

He's right though, the person in that gif looks like an adult to me.

edit: kinda looks like David Mitchell

walrusman has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Nov 13, 2017