Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

First Contact is a decent action movie and a mediocre Star Trek movie.
My favorite ST movie is the one with the whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

my favorite thing at the end of first contact was "hey data can you recreate the temporal rift" "yeah sure no problem" like lol at least the st4 slingshot around the sun seemed intensely stupid and dangerous

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

first contact was the movie that got me into star trek as i was prejudiced against the whole thing at the time but a star wars fan. i remember everyone in the audience cheering when they showed the defiant but i didn't know why. anyway after really liking the movie i decided to check out a ds9 rerun one night and it was the episode where the klingon fleet attacks the station and then i think the first episode i saw as it aired was "the ship" and 12 year old me was hooked. ACTION.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that scene owns esp kuz it showcases just how fukken huge and epic the enterprise is. easy to forget after all those lonely nights wandering the halls, hanging in the galley, wallowing in ten forward...........

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

that scene owns esp kuz it showcases just how fukken huge and epic the enterprise is. easy to forget after all those lonely nights wandering the halls, hanging in the galley, wallowing in ten forward...........

Now that I think about it, did we ever actually see the oft-mentioned arboretum on board the Enterprise?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chomp8645 posted:

Now that I think about it, did we ever actually see the oft-mentioned arboretum on board the Enterprise?

Once or twice you see the arboretum gardens that Keiko works in.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Chomp8645 posted:

I think Lwaxana and Troi had a fight there once. There was a single tree.

That is Keiko "Picky Eater" O'Brien's idea of an arboretum. Why have all those strange and unfamiliar trees taking up space when she can instead spend all day 'working' on just one?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

shadow puppet of a posted:

I think Lwaxana and Troi had a fight there once. There was a single tree.

That is Keiko "Picky Eater" O'Brien's idea of an arboretum. Why have all those strange and unfamiliar trees taking up space when she can instead spend all day 'working' on just one?
Was that it? There was also a tiny garden keiko hung out in during her wedding episode.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mondian posted:

Was that it?
In all its glory:

Who'd give a gently caress about real trees and dirt when there is a holodeck 50 carpeted paces away?

Its useless unless you wanted something specifically to demonstrate to a species incapable of perceiving holograms what an average Earth three star hotel's inner courtyard looked like circa 1992.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The hand-wiping zone on the side looks so bad.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Just gonna infiltrate this flagship's bridge and plant my noisy, talking, light-up telemetry detector unity.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

This show is far worse than Hercules The Legendary Journeys.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

lol CBS using klingon boobs to hang onto subscribers through winter.

Memory Alpha so not ready for the opening of its :nws: section.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

butterface in space

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

boring space tits 3/10

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

lol CBS using klingon boobs to hang onto subscribers through winter.

Memory Alpha so not ready for the opening of its :nws: section.

Ridged for no one's pleasure

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit they made alien space tits boring and grim

loving poo poo that's the most anti-Star Trek thing the show's done so far

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Orville had the superior alien sex scene this week, and they didn't even show any titties.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

Orville had the superior alien sex scene this week, and they didn't even show any titties.

This was so gross

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PostNouveau posted:

This was so gross

Gross? Yaphit can suck your dick, lick your balls, eat your rear end, blow in your ear, and play with your nipples all at the same time. You like getting your toe sucked? Yeah, he can do that too, at the same time as all the other stuff.

This is what Kirk and Riker spent their lives looking for.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Discovery is a cool show. I don't know what it has to do with Star Trek, but other than that I like it.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Tonight's episode taught me Klingon women look like xenomorphs under their clothes.

:barf:

Spoiler Did Cpt. Grimdark sabotage that last jump? Seems out of character that he would abandon his beloved war.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Yandat posted:

my favorite thing at the end of first contact was "hey data can you recreate the temporal rift" "yeah sure no problem" like lol at least the st4 slingshot around the sun seemed intensely stupid and dangerous

that is pretty great but not as great as the line directly before that, picard being informed that the moon's gravity shielded the enterprise from the vulcan science vessels sensors, which were advanced enough to pinpoint an insanely tiny ship like zep cockring's from light years away on a huge planet with all kinds of crazy post-atomic horrors and radiation and such. that was very, very good writing

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

that was after the borgs sent a signal powerful enough that the delta quadrant could hear it

good thing vulcan sensors aren't moon proof

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Blistex posted:

Tonight's episode taught me Klingon women look like xenomorphs under their clothes.

Spoiler Did Cpt. Grimdark sabotage that last jump? Seems out of character that he would abandon his beloved war.

I think it's possible.

He seemed suspicious of the Vulcan admiral's sudden accolades after he disobeyed orders, and he knows Admiral Fuckbuddy has probably told them he's crazy. He was obviously playing Stemetz into going in for one more jump.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Blistex posted:

Seems to me like Stamets did it. He was lit in the same erie way and had that sort-of-sinister-but-maybe-not look they teased us with when he first started jumping.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Facebook Aunt posted:

McFarlane must have read this thread's discussion of the Kira/Odo relationship

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Just gonna infiltrate this flagship's bridge and plant my noisy, talking, light-up telemetry detector unity.

There was a lot of retarded poo poo in this episode, but that goddamn beacon had me so angry in its nitpicky stupidity. JUST GONNA PLANT MY SECRET SPY BEACON HERE THAT HAS A LITTLE TRIPOD, BIG FLASHING BLUE LIGHTS, AN ANIMATED LCD DISPLAY AND A HUGE STARFLEET INSIGNIA ON TOP NOTHING TO SEE HERE

e: I seriously thought it would audibly go 'beep boop.... transmitting data' after she set up the second one

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Mondian posted:

There was a lot of retarded poo poo in this episode, but that goddamn beacon had me so angry in its nitpicky stupidity. JUST GONNA PLANT MY SECRET SPY BEACON HERE THAT HAS A LITTLE TRIPOD, BIG FLASHING BLUE LIGHTS, AN ANIMATED LCD DISPLAY AND A HUGE STARFLEET INSIGNIA ON TOP NOTHING TO SEE HERE

e: I seriously thought it would audibly go 'beep boop.... transmitting data' after she set up the second one

I sort of let that one slide since I doubt they had purpose-built probes/beacons that were designed to be low-profile for hiding on enemy ships, and rather used what they had laying around.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

You can remove insignias from things with a flat screwdriver. I'm certain some young Andorian kid is walking around Andor right now with one on a chain around their neck.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

I thought this bit was one of the funniest things I've seen in Orville yet.

Also kinda surprised to see that Klingon nipples aren't so pointy that they could take an eye out

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Overall that was a one of the better STD episodes. Probably the only one but I really appreciated Anthony Rapp's La Bohème reference.

We saw part of a klingon, I think it was Worf's brother's chest before, and it actually looks pretty similar from what I can remember. It was still pretty awkward and dumb though. Better than Head of Security Mcdreamy magically losing a foot of height to become human though.

People are mad 'cause of the blinking blue mcguffin on the klingon bridge, but i'm more annoyed at the klingon bridge to begin with. The fact that it's so absurdly huge, and honestly that ship was several hundred meters long, I think the bridge-adjacent gore room would have sufficed.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

People are mad 'cause of the blinking blue mcguffin on the klingon bridge, but i'm more annoyed at the klingon bridge to begin with. The fact that it's so absurdly huge, and honestly that ship was several hundred meters long, I think the bridge-adjacent gore room would have sufficed.

Also they get beamed into the center of the ship in a hallway. Why not just beam them straight into that empty aft cargo bay they plant the first one in anyway and save some time? Also what's up with security guy, he says he decided on the first day that he would gently caress to survive, so why are all his ptsd flashbacks of rotary saws and bloody knives when he has no scars and his torture was apparently more on the rapey side?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Klingon sex involves bloody knives and rotary saws, obviously.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Blistex posted:

:thunk:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Until you posted this I thought the place they ended up was the default place races end up when they gently caress with the spore network. The Great Filter of spore drive tech.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Can I say this thread ruined the name of whoever Sex Admiral is for me. That's all I can think of when I try to recall her name now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like spores

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

agreed. Spore drive is my least favorite propulsion system, and that ranking includes god drat Bajoran lightships.

My only concerns that remain for this show revolve entirely around whose boobs we next get to see. My ranking for that is as follows:

Top Rank
Sex Admiral
Daft Punk Helmet Ensign
Lorca With Implants
An Entire Rave Party's Worth
Ensign With That Metal Bit Grafted Onto Her Scalp
More Klingon Boobs
Chatty Redhead
Female Tardigrade
Even More Klingon Boobs but like a big heap of them in one of the Ship Of The Dead's corpse rooms.
Mike
Bottom Rank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

i want to be an sex admiral