Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

In your guys opinion, what's the hardest moon to get that's not dark-side related?
The final face matching moon in the mushroom kingdom is the only moon that took more than 2-3 attempts for me, once I realized they put the eyes on the opposite sides I got a perfect 100 points so I guess it isn't that hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

uPen posted:

Like half of the game is after the credits.

If you go straight through the game progressing through each level with minimum moons, it'll take you 11-12 hours. 100%ing the game will take you 45-50.

It's definitely a lot more than half.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Would you say... that the real Super Mario Odyssey starts there

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In snapshot mode how do I change it so the picture is fitted for a phone? Action guide doesn't tell me anything and I can't find anything online.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

In snapshot mode how do I change it so the picture is fitted for a phone? Action guide doesn't tell me anything and I can't find anything online.
You can rotate the camera with the trigger buttons.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Is the final moon a single moon or multi-moon?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
it's a single moon and you get it for playing jump rope.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Zerilan posted:

Is the final moon a single moon or multi-moon?

Multi

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are there a few hint-arts in the dark side and darker side of the moon? Because I have done all the other world hint arts, but it's the only achievement I don't have (it says 11/15). So I'm somehow missing four? Aside from this single moon, and the two dark sides, I have all the other world moons

edit: Well all the other moons except for the two stupid bullshit post-game bounce racing ones

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 13, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My favorite thing about SMO is how in post game everything is so chill with people chilling out all over the place, vacationing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

the truth posted:

The final level is twice as easy as Champion’s Road.

That's not saying much though, since champions road is pure punishment in video game form.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

raditts posted:

That's not saying much though, since champions road is pure punishment in video game form.

I loved Champion's Road. It was so hard but it never felt bullshit

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Are there a few hint-arts in the dark side and darker side of the moon? Because I have done all the other world hint arts, but it's the only achievement I don't have (it says 11/15). So I'm somehow missing four? Aside from this single moon, and the two dark sides, I have all the other world moons

edit: Well all the other moons except for the two stupid bullshit post-game bounce racing ones

I don't think there are any on darker side, but yeah there's like 4 or 5 on dark side.
Unless you mean, are any of the hint arts referring to areas in dark side, in which case I have no idea.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

raditts posted:

I don't think there are any on darker side, but yeah there's like 4 or 5 on dark side.
Unless you mean, are any of the hint arts referring to areas in dark side, in which case I have no idea.

Okay cool :) Guess I'll be looking out for them. I was worried that that achievement moon was bugged or something because the dark side didn't seem like the kind of place that would have hint art.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finally finished Darker Side. 100% all lists with 999 total moons.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Waltzing Along posted:

My favorite thing about SMO is how in post game everything is so chill with people chilling out all over the place, vacationing.

And you can find NPCs from other worlds in the darndest places.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Captain Toad, I have multiple questions about how you mange to get to these places

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Haven't you played Treasure Tracker? Captain Toad is basically Mr. Magoo.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Macaluso posted:

Captain Toad, I have multiple questions about how you mange to get to these places

One of my favorite moments is when I find him and the music starts playing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Over There posted:

One of my favorite moments is when I find him and the music starts playing.
doo doot doot doo DOO!!!!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I should not be able to become Yoshi. I should ride Yoshi.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Beastiality is definitely better than being a furry.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The internet is stupid.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This dark side piranha plant no hat stage is the first real "holy poo poo this is hard" platforming (the bouncy race doesn't count, that poo poo is dumb bullshit). Such PRECISE landing is required to avoid the sludge :psyduck:

It's good challenging but still goddamn

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Macaluso posted:

This dark side piranha plant no hat stage is the first real "holy poo poo this is hard" platforming (the bouncy race doesn't count, that poo poo is dumb bullshit). Such PRECISE landing is required to avoid the sludge :psyduck:

It's good challenging but still goddamn

I must have died like 30 times to that poo poo, 20 of them were probably to the giant piranhas at the end and their weird hosed up hitboxes.
There's an easier version of that stage on one of the other worlds where you can use your hat, but I found the hard version first.

I haven't beaten the dark side stage with the timed disappearing floors yet though, in the original of that one you get a scooter and I still had trouble getting through some of it in time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

raditts posted:

I haven't beaten the dark side stage with the timed disappearing floors yet though, in the original of that one you get a scooter and I still had trouble getting through some of it in time.

The trick is to achieve Mach Speed out of a long jump or roll and then maintain that speed via consecutive triple jumps.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

raditts posted:

I must have died like 30 times to that poo poo, 20 of them were probably to the giant piranhas at the end and their weird hosed up hitboxes.
There's an easier version of that stage on one of the other worlds where you can use your hat, but I found the hard version first.

the real trick is to shake your joycon while you roll

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

the real trick is to shake your joycon while you roll

Yeah I can't imagine how you're supposed to do this if you don't use motion controls (so good luck on this if you're in portable mode).

The normal moon on this stage was pretty easy if you can do your triple jumps right, the other one though is REALLY loving hard because of how Mario will come to a COMPLETE stop if he hits a wall

edit: Also sometimes if you roll over the button you just... won't press it. You'll roll ever so slightly off the ground so that the button won't get touched.

edit: GOT IT :toot: :toot: :toot:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 13, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I can't imagine how you're supposed to do this if you don't use motion controls

It's possible but you just barely make it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cobalt Viper posted:

You can rotate the camera with the trigger buttons.

Goddamn it I never thought to fully rotate it. Thank you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That bullet bill stage was loving AWESOME

The bonus moon is exhilarating

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh wow I just found the camera sensitivity setting

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Over There posted:

Oh wow I just found the camera sensitivity setting

Too bad it barely has any effect for some reason

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

In your guys opinion, what's the hardest moon to get that's not dark-side related?

a couple people have mentioned these but the two that come to mind are the mushroom kingdom 2d moons (those planetoid controls are mondo hosed up) and the dark side piranha plant invisible walkway challenge (those big piranha hitboxes are also mondo hosed up)

Waltzing Along posted:

:same:

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I can't imagine how you're supposed to do this if you don't use motion controls (so good luck on this if you're in portable mode).

i got both moons in there without motion controls. it's a real tight window regardless, i'm not sure how much leeway motion controls are gonna give you

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
There isn't a full version of the scat-style Jump Up Superstar segment that plays when you collect the multimoon at the festival, is there? :(

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Just saw a speedrunner beat the broodal mech without capturing a pokio or knocking it down at all. Wow that was somethin

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Nice

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I have been taking my time with the game and having a blast thus far. The New Donk City Festival sequence has to be one of the best gaming moments I’ve had this year (which is saying something because 2017 has been amazing for games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morby posted:

I have been taking my time with the game and having a blast thus far. The New Donk City Festival sequence has to be one of the best gaming moments I’ve had this year (which is saying something because 2017 has been amazing for games).

That's not the best part of the game.

The best part is you can replay the New Donk City Festival as many times as you want!

• Locked thread