Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

RanKizama posted:

Caesar can stop dropping these GUDA-O CE's now. I have seven and haven't even bought the last two in the shop. Is he fat because he ate them all?

This. You will need once skull for each Ascension. That's four in total, the exact amount that's in the shop. Just as accordung to keikaku.

If you buy one to get to eight, it'll be worthwhile to MLB one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Hell it's probably worth do that right now. Having 2 GUDAOs and 1 Double Strength GUDAO is just as good as having 4, and there's no way you're equipping 5 GUDAOs at the same time, right?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ZiegeDame posted:

Hell it's probably worth do that right now. Having 2 GUDAOs and 1 Double Strength GUDAO is just as good as having 4, and there's no way you're equipping 5 GUDAOs at the same time, right?
I'm currently running 2 Poster Girls and 4 GUDA-Os while farming the saber 40AP quest.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wish I was done with the Chawans. I'm kinda sick of running the 20 AP already, and I've still got well over 1,000 to grind.

There's no way I'm giving up on those Hentai Doujins or Golem Testicles though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got all the Gears. :toot:

Now I just need a few more feathers from the points to finally get Waver's last Ascension.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I don't haver a saber yet, my archers are nobu & robin hood ... Any reason why i shouldn't do a second 10 pull this event in a remote chance i might get okita or emya? Or should i just wait for another event?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

madstrike posted:

I don't haver a saber yet, my archers are nobu & robin hood ... Any reason why i shouldn't do a second 10 pull this event in a remote chance i might get okita or emya? Or should i just wait for another event?

Well, Nobu and Robin Hood are both probably better than Emiya, currently. Emiya will be better once he gets his buffs. Okita is an excellent Saber though, so go for it. There's no real reason to horde your Quartz unless you really want Scathach (next banner), Jack (banner after next), or Jeanne Alter (months out).

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I'm not really sure who i want :) I don't have a preference for any char from the series except maybe that rider from FateZero, but i don't think he's on the game?

Maybe i'll hold on.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He'll be in the game as of the F/Z event next year.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's perfectly fair to hold on to your quartz until there is/are servant(s) you are interested in, or if the event has some rewards you feel you want and want to maximize your chances of cleaning out the shop (from getting gacha CEs or servants).

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Vengarr posted:

There's no way I'm giving up on those Hentai Doujins or Golem Testicles though.

...Suddenly teach requesting Forbidden Pages for his next ascension makes more sense...

EDIT:

Nate RFB posted:

It's perfectly fair to hold on to your quartz until there is/are servant(s) you are interested in, or if the event has some rewards you feel you want and want to maximize your chances of cleaning out the shop (from getting gacha CEs or servants).

Speaking of servants you're interested in,
I'm planning on rolling for Frankenstein when London arrives. Having looked at her sheet, she seems very similar to Tamamo Cat, but with a stun/defense down instead of a NP drainer, and a with NP phantasm steroids for her her skills rather than the attack/defense boosters Tamamo Cat has. Has anyone used her on the japan servers enough to comment on her?

Crasical fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 13, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Forgot to target the dang boss, boy I sure killed the gently caress out of that lil Nobu though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Crasical posted:

...Suddenly teach requesting Forbidden Pages for his next ascension makes more sense...

That joke comes from Teach in the first place, his first interlude specifically. Play it if you haven't already (plus it gives like 10-12 of the things).

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Lord Koth posted:

That joke comes from Teach in the first place, his first interlude specifically. Play it if you haven't already (plus it gives like 10-12 of the things).

Can't yet, I haven't cleared Okeanos.

I started playing, did Fuyuki/Orleans, then halloween happened, I did Septem, and now Nobufest is playing.
I'll get around to it though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Drop boost CEs that can only be gotten by rolling the event gacha is extremely bad civilization and Attila the Hun was right.

a kitten posted:

Forgot to target the dang boss, boy I sure killed the gently caress out of that lil Nobu though.

This gave me an amusing image of Saber using Excalibur to mow the lawn.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

madstrike posted:

I'm not really sure who i want :) I don't have a preference for any char from the series except maybe that rider from FateZero, but i don't think he's on the game?

Maybe i'll hold on.

Congratulations on your good taste.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

I do this poo poo ALL the time. lol

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gologle posted:

Drop boost CEs that can only be gotten by rolling the event gacha is extremely bad civilization and Attila the Hun was right.

This gave me an amusing image of Saber using Excalibur to mow the lawn.

You should see her hunting technique!
(You'll see it come summer)

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I know I need to stop pulling on the story banner but... I love S!Alter and Nero and just getting one of them would be so good...

(I'm going to drown in bullshit)

EDIT: Boudica leave my home

LightningSquid fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 13, 2017

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Kyte posted:

You should see her hunting technique!
(You'll see it come summer)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

LightningSquid posted:

I know I need to stop pulling on the story banner but... I love S!Alter and Nero and just getting one of them would be so good...

(I'm going to drown in bullshit)

EDIT: Boudica leave my home

Just save your quartz for Saber Wars if you want a decent shot at one of those two. They're both on the rateup for that one .

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just save your quartz for Saber Wars if you want a decent shot at one of those two. They're both on the rateup for that one .

I owe you my life

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
When does this sequence of baller servant banners end and things get to relative normalcy? We've had Tamamo and Okita and there's still Scathach, Jack and Jeanne Alter to come fairly soon right? Is that the end of the gauntlet or does it continue on?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

LightningSquid posted:

I owe you my life

Just watch out for that weird SSR on the banner too. :v:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

When does this sequence of baller servant banners end and things get to relative normalcy? We've had Tamamo and Okita and there's still Scathach, Jack and Jeanne Alter to come fairly soon right? Is that the end of the gauntlet or does it continue on?

Jeanne Alter is still several months off. That aside, what would you count as normal? I believe Japan had about 14 days total with no banners running in all of 2016.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Pierson posted:

Jeanne Alter to come fairly soon right?

Jeanne Alter should be quite a few months off actually, like, I would say at least four months, at least.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just watch out for that weird SSR on the banner too. :v:

Who is this mysterious Saber with a baseball cap!?

Gologle fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 14, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
More banners just mean I get more black keys

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm hoping the warning about the Extremely Inconspicuous Mystery Girl is jokes and not like, a Jack the Ripper design thing, right?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

LightningSquid posted:

I'm hoping the warning about the Extremely Inconspicuous Mystery Girl is jokes and not like, a Jack the Ripper design thing, right?

It's just some girl in a baseball cap and tracksuit

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Yeah that's weird, I wonder why some completely average normal girl would be summoned as a Servant anyway

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

She's just some strange assassin class character.

NotSpoilerSpoilers: Mysterious Heroine X is an unknown visitor from another dimension waging an eternal war against Sabers and has promised to destroy the "The Artorian Race" with her trusty sword Secretcalibur.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Maybe there's something on her face

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Does Saber Lily come back for free in Saber Wars?

I'm seriously desperate for a Saber besides Caeser, and my luck is F-

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Tae posted:

Yes, all five copies.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Tae posted:

I'm seriously desperate for a Saber besides Caeser, and my luck is F-

You're likely better off with Caesar, unfortunately.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

You're likely better off with Caesar, unfortunately.

I think this keeps being brought up, but I need another Saber in addition to Caeser. My only other saber is Gil, and there's literally no other option if you can't roll 4 stars.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Let me introduce you to my good friend Gilles de Rais :shepface:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, two hours till the rider mission drops. The upside is the only drops are Points, gold pots, horseshoes and a monument (also a CE, but your luck isn't that good). The downside is that there still aren't many good assassins. My good friend Hassan may be getting a workout soon.

Thankfully it looks like the Lancer quest will be cake. Benkei as a boss? Almost as easy as Mata Hari, plus you don't need to deal with the Cavalry tax.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's legitimately criminal what I'm gonna do to that Lancer mission. And that's before factoring in a support Okita (because none of my friend Okitas use poster girl :negative:).

God this 20AP one is getting tiring, though, and I haven't even knocked out half of the crystals. The helpful CEs being linked to the summon is hands down my least favorite thing about events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

whats this