Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've tried to 100 X so many times, but it just gets too loving tedious after a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The 100% ending to X-2 is thematically worse because Yuna learns the exact opposite lesson of everything else the game's story has been building up to.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah. It's cute and all but flies in the face of the whole theme of letting things go and moving on with your life.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe there are people in this thread who don't want their waifu to find happiness with her husbando. This is atrocious.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I ship Yunapaine myself.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

exquisite tea posted:

I ship Rikkupaine myself.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The 100% ending fits fine with the theme of the game. The first thing Yuna does is throw Tidus in the water. She learned to live her life happily as herself without fear.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
FF12 is immense fun and a super chill game

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

fridge corn posted:

1 out of 3 ain't bad, thats how the old song goes right?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Gologle posted:

It's 2 out of 3 actually https://youtu.be/k5hWWe-ts2s

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gologle posted:

Your whole thing is real boring.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

It is the new standard for how awesome a FF game can be.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

HD DAD posted:

It is the new standard for how awesome a FF game can be.

It is my best epic dream that all snes final fantasies get remade in ff12za style

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'm replaying FF6 and God drat does Ramuh kill himself at the drop of a hat. Sacrificing his life to share his power and all, but he hasn't learned our names yet.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nameless Pete posted:

I'm replaying FF6 and God drat does Ramuh kill himself at the drop of a hat. Sacrificing his life to share his power and all, but he hasn't learned our names yet.

Old people in FF games know their purpose.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nameless Pete posted:

it's for his boss's daughter that's why

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nameless Pete posted:

I mean, the party doesn't actually try to kill him, so they're certainly an improvement over the guys torturing his kin.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
eeh life is overrated

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

The White Dragon posted:

it's for his boss's daughter that's why

I genuinely think it's this, like he knows exactly who Terra is and trusts in that (and the party's devotion to her, by extension) enough to entrust the final remaining bits of his power to them. It's not like he was getting any stronger, after all.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Nameless Pete posted:

Given that the gate is sealed, he had three options:

1) Hide for eternity
2) Get batteried/magicite'd by the empire
3) Give his power to people trying to stop #2

And like others have said, Terra is half-esper and daughter of one of their leaders, so it's not exactly a hard decision.

Varance fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 8, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Like surely ramuh doesn't actually die anyway since you can still summon him?? 🤔

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
he dies at the end for real though

omg surely there's someone out there who, when they were a kid, used, like, bismarck as an esper all the time and they were like "bismarck is my fifth party member!" and was just shattered when the magicite disappear at the end of the game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I forgot that magicite disappeared at the end of that game. The whole ending was a bit hosed up tbh. Why can't we get some lovely after years esque sequel to ff6? That would be rad (I've no intention to ever play the after years)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The White Dragon posted:

omg surely there's someone out there who, when they were a kid, used, like, bismarck as an esper all the time and they were like "bismarck is my fifth party member!" and was just shattered when the magicite disappear at the end of the game
Bismarck was my FFXI server and that's still not enough for me to be even remotely attached to that random piece of trash :colbert:

(famous for such things as "uh, we had one of the first Maat's Caps, and then dude got banned for being at least three dudes playing one account and hacking constantly")

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fridge corn posted:

I forgot that magicite disappeared at the end of that game. The whole ending was a bit hosed up tbh. Why can't we get some lovely after years esque sequel to ff6? That would be rad (I've no intention to ever play the after years)

technically the after years is the lovely sequel to all the ffs between 1 and 6

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Bismarck was my FFXI server and that's still not enough for me to be even remotely attached to that random piece of trash :colbert:

(famous for such things as "uh, we had one of the first Maat's Caps, and then dude got banned for being at least three dudes playing one account and hacking constantly")

Bismarck was my least favorite Heavensward raid.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

seiferguy posted:

Bismarck was my least favorite Heavensward raid.
Can't possibly imagine why you'd hate a fight that pubbies fell off at least as much as Titan that also had a mechanic that required you to pay attention to which of two enemies you were hitting.

loving garbage to play with idiots and also easy as hell with real people with brains, horrible fight design imo, I'm with you

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

and it didn't even have particularly good music, the biggest sin a primal can have

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

and it didn't even have particularly good music, the biggest sin a primal can have

Shut your god drat mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9F0tU7-wbA&t=29s

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I have to be honest, out of all the primal birds, Bismarck's has the most appropriate theme for soaring through the skies. It matches perfectly.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Noctis from FFXV is going to be in Tekken Spring 2018. I don’t know if Squenix paid Bandai or vice versa, but that cannot have been cheap.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Morby posted:

Noctis from FFXV is going to be in Tekken Spring 2018. I don’t know if Squenix paid Bandai or vice versa, but that cannot have been cheap.
Can't say that without posting the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
cloud is only 5'7"? wtf...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Beat FF12 last night. Heck of a ride. I really liked it except for Pharos tower and the optional upper great crystal area which were unfun slogs. I wish they explained what happened to Venat and the Occurrians after the ending. Everyone claimed they broke free from Occurrian control but there's nothing that shows that.

I restarted FF13 after finishing FF12. Still a pretty drat good game after all these years. The graphics don't even seem as outdated as I thought they'd look and the music still completely loving owns. The story is still very poorly told and Snow is still the worst character ever.

Can't wait to get to the part where Lightning punches Snow for being a stupid shounen anime cliche :swoon:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cloud definitely acts like he's only 5'7".

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Elephant Ambush posted:

I restarted FF13 after finishing FF12. Still a pretty drat good game after all these years.

Oh god, time is speeding up. It seems like literally a few months ago I was browsing for FF13 info as a college student and wondering when they’re going to finally give “Mr. 33cm” a proper name. Now I’m 30 and still playing these anime games. :v:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

HD DAD posted:

Oh god, time is speeding up. It seems like literally a few months ago I was browsing for FF13 info as a college student and wondering when they’re going to finally give “Mr. 33cm” a proper name. Now I’m 30 and still playing these anime games. :v:

The cool part of getting older is that time stops having any meaning until you actually try to pin down when things happened, and that's how you end up realizing Super Mario Galaxy came out a decade ago.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Beat FF12 last night. Heck of a ride. I really liked it except for Pharos tower and the optional upper great crystal area which were unfun slogs. I wish they explained what happened to Venat and the Occurrians after the ending. Everyone claimed they broke free from Occurrian control but there's nothing that shows that.

The implications aren't really clear (the Occuria literally never show up again except for basically one line in Revenant Wings), but destroying the Sun Cryst prevents the Occurians from manipulating mankind anymore with nethicite. But considering the state of Ivalice in the future I wouldn't be too surprised if breaking away from them contributed to the decline of the other races.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

HD DAD posted:

Man, that Mr.33cm was... kinda weird now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ApplesandOranges posted:

The implications aren't really clear (the Occuria literally never show up again except for basically one line in Revenant Wings), but destroying the Sun Cryst prevents the Occurians from manipulating mankind anymore with nethicite. But considering the state of Ivalice in the future I wouldn't be too surprised if breaking away from them contributed to the decline of the other races.

I had thought that was the implication and for some reason I'd thought that the Occurians are somehow destroyed by what you do. I haven't yet beaten the Pharos yet in my playthrough of the Zodiac Age, so I'm remembering from years and years ago, but for whatever reason I finished FF12 thinking they were dead.