Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well that explains all the Z's at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought "legally blind" was one of his selling points. As it were.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Looks like a tough customer https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/928792360754049024

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Marcel was on the indies Axel Dieter Jr. talented guy:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/928794185641185280

Fun unit to tryout out.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
they never will but holy poo poo imagine if they let him keep his shoot name

i keep imagining booker t saying "marcel barthel" and giggling

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

sometimes they should put people in the crowd who aren't signing. That way, there is indisputable evidence that merely showing someone who happens to be at your show does not interfere with a no-compete clause. the person can say they did not wish to be filmed. the person should have their real name show up underneath them, and an explanation of where they are signed to. if they get fired because of this, it's not the company's fault and even if it is, no one will care pretty quick. it's a win/win/win situation

i totally agree, but wwe is carny as gently caress and looks at other companies like they're all run by equally insane vince counterparts.

that would be kind of cool, though, just a little minor cross promotion, and something to get people buzzing if it really is less of a sure thing. if the green bay packers can be announced as the green bay packers at ringside, i mean, why not.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WWE is still really weird about wanting to pretend they're the only promotion in the world, even when that flies against all logic and reason these days.

I remember when Styles first came in, Mauro said something innocuous like "it was an honor calling his matches in New Japan Pro Wrestling," and then Lawler loving steamrolled him with DUUUUUUR IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT YOU DO IN WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it shouldn't be cross-promotion. it should be NXT using other companies to make themselves look more legitimate, even at risk to the person in the audience. ideally you would want to show them on camera and explain where they work without their knowledge or consent, leaving them to coldly realize that they might be in trouble while looking at their own face on the big screen.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
there are four wrestling companies
wwe
wcw (when sting is here)
ecw (when rhyno is here)
the indies, where the iwgp champion is

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Don't forget ROH, where Apollo Crews should go back to.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Benne posted:

I know WWE loves the "undeserving heel champ" bullshit

it's because the only way in wwe to be a heel is to be a weak baby who has friends and loved ones, only the solitary, boot strapped ubermensch who shows no mercy and calls your balls small is the true hero

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Velveteen Dream going to be the biggest star.
He's got the industry at such an young age and has a killer look.
Can't believe I'm excited about Black vs Dream but here we are

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
If not a kiss a loving embrace for the end of the Black/Dream feud.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really want Black and Dream to be like Sami and Kevin and just be linked their whole WWE careers, their characters are so different yet they play off each other perfectly

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Rarity posted:

I really want Black and Dream to be like Sami and Kevin and just be linked their whole WWE careers, their characters are so different yet they play off each other perfectly

The day Black's music hits and he runs out to save Dream will be a great day.

Also that interview with Zelina and Almas really hammered in why he needs her.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Some fun cameos here:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/929167187264258048

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Going to the NXT Live event in Riverside tomorrow and if the Phoenix card is any indication it's going to be hella fun.

Phoenix, AZ posted:

Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake vs. Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)

Billie Kay vs. Vanessa Borne

Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) vs. Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli

Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong

Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan

Ember Moon vs. Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay)

Aleister Black & Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade Almas & The Velveteen Dream (w/Zelina Vega)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Kikutaro tried to invade NXT:
https://twitter.com/kikutarosan/status/929209676163555328

It didn't go well:
https://twitter.com/kikutarosan/status/929231869740163073

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
haha, albert looks like an old roadie now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looks like WWE.com has an interview with Gunner up, it being Veterans Day and all

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/DABrewerWWE/status/929452952112201730

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Holy poo poo, NXT Live in Riverside was loads of fun:

- Street Profits (went over Sabbatelli & Moss) are of the chart entertaining live, and so is Heavy Machinery who steamrolled through Cutler & Blake;
- Billie Kay's theme is bumping live. Vanessa Borne's less so;
- Cole vs Strong was everything I hoped it would be, crowd was split between Adam and Roddy;
- LARS is massive, goddamn. He had a slobberknocker of a match with Ohno. Ohno came up short;
- Peyton won (with Billie's "help") a four-way between herself, Nikki, Ember & Kairi in a loving great match. Calling the Iconic Duo winning & defending the Women's Title under Freebird rule right now. We were all popping for Nikki hard tho;
- Aleister & Drew won over Andrade & The Velveteen Dream (D-R-E-A-M) in a fun back and forth affair.

After the main event Drew got on the mic, thanked the crowd (which was hot the entire night) and then said that they had loads of fun on their short west coast tour and that it's time for a west coast TakeOver. He then asked us to let "Uncle Paul" know how much we want it. We obliged.

Also, Ronda Rousey & Travis Browne were sitting like 15 feet away from our group and seemed to have loads of fun, too. Ronda even got a chant after the show was over and then took a few pics with the fans.

AAA+++ would take a 4 hour drive one-way to see NXT again.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 12, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

J-Ro posted:

Holy poo poo, NXT Live in Riverside was loads of fun:

- Street Profits (went over Sabbatelli & Moss) are of the chart entertaining live, and so is Heavy Machinery who steamrolled through Cutler & Blake;
- Billie Kay's theme is bumping live. Vanessa Borne's less so;
- Cole vs Strong was everything I hoped it would be, crowd was split between Adam and Roddy;
- LARS is massive, goddamn. He had a slobberknocker of a match with Ohno. Ohno came up short;
- Peyton won (with Billie's "help") a four-way between herself, Nikki, Ember & Kairi in a loving great match. Calling the Iconic Duo winning & defending the Women's Title under Freebird rule right now. We were all popping for Nikki hard tho;
- Aleister & Drew won over Andrade & The Velveteen Dream (D-R-E-A-M) in a fun back and forth affair.

After the main event Drew got on the mic, thanked the crowd (which was hot the entire night) and then said that they had loads of fun on their short west coast tour and that it's time for a west coast TakeOver. He then asked us to let "Uncle Paul" know how much we want it. We obliged.

Also, Ronda Rousey & Travis Browne were sitting like 15 feet away from our group and seemed to have loads of fun, too. Ronda even got a chant after the show was over and then took a few pics with the fans.

AAA+++ would take a 4 hour drive one-way to see NXT again.

I'm glad you had fun. Given, the results you see here aren't an indicator of what the actual takeover will be like.

On an unrelated note, I hope that IF they put the title on Peyton, they don't let it be defended under freebird rules (also that the reign is very short. a chickenshit heel can hold the belt for a bit, just don't make it 3+ months). Peyton is okay in the ring, but Billie Kay is a dumpster fire.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm glad you had fun. Given, the results you see here aren't an indicator of what the actual takeover will be like.

On an unrelated note, I hope that IF they put the title on Peyton, they don't let it be defended under freebird rules (also that the reign is very short. a chickenshit heel can hold the belt for a bit, just don't make it 3+ months). Peyton is okay in the ring, but Billie Kay is a dumpster fire.

Oh yeah, I realize that, and that Freebird rule was mentioned half-jokingly too. As much as I like the Iconic Duo, Billie being relegated to an enforcer / distraction type role would be for the best. I think she does a good big boot tho.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

J-Ro posted:

Oh yeah, I realize that, and that Freebird rule was mentioned half-jokingly too. As much as I like the Iconic Duo, Billie being relegated to an enforcer / distraction type role would be for the best. I think she does a good big boot tho.

Yup, which ties into the point that I don't think they should hold onto the title for awhile either. They are "popular" now (Billie and Peyton got absolutely no reaction on NXT this week, fwiw), but will probably veer into X-Pac heat if they do the chickenshit heel route.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

J-Ro posted:

He then asked us to let "Uncle Paul" know how much we want it.

I legit hope that some people didn't understand who he was talking about and went home and Googled "Uncle Paul".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
When do we start the traditional "I am not feeling the Takeover guys"/"Oh my God that was the best show I've ever seen" cycle?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I will begin on Saturday evening in the U.S.A.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Never because we are all hyped for Bobby Fish in a shark cage and Aleister Black finally touching the Velveteen Dream.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

When do we start the traditional "I am not feeling the Takeover guys"/"Oh my God that was the best show I've ever seen" cycle?

We got it out of the way early this time with War Games Histrionics

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WWE is really getting their all out of those shark cages huh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If there's a match that can't be improved with a shark cage, buddy, I don't want to see it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flashy_mcflash posted:

If there's a match that can't be improved with a shark cage, buddy, I don't want to see it.

Shark cage on a pole match

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Wait, wait, wait. What if they put a shark cage... inside ANOTHER shark cage! :vince:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shark Cage in a Cell match

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Like you wouldn't pony up $9.99 to see a Money In The Shark Cage Ladder Match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the main should have been Team RoH vs the AoP, Sanity, Heavy Machinery, Roddy and lets say No Way Jose in a Doomsday Cage Match instead. They picked the wrong wcw cage imo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Figure that Black goes over (whether Dream survives that is a question), Drew goes over and then TUE wins the Wargamez leading to Cole challenging. Women's is a toss-up. Lars and Ohno have been working their match for months so hopefully that's good, I'm expecting Lars to win.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

wow are they really throwing Gargano into a UK Championship match? Gotta figure they were gonna give Dunne the Cruiserweight strap and have Gargano challenge but they messed the timing. What a weird choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Shark Cage in a Cell match

Shark Kennel From Hell

• Locked thread