Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Mother 3 is instant proof of being a fake, I dunno why leakers always seem to go for that one

And the Stars thing sounds like a face save to try and draw some legitimacy from past (fake) leaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Raserys posted:

Mother 3 is instant proof of being a fake, I dunno why leakers always seem to go for that one
They're banking on people desperate for it to get an official English release, I guess.

Desperate nerds can be very gullible.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Crosspeice posted:

Dusk Lycanroc has 2 less Speed than Midday, putting it in an awkward Speed tier which 2 extra Attack doesn't counterbalance. Also they didn't get anything much from move tutors, so the whole line is pretty meh.

Two less attack doesn't counterbalance, but Tough Claws 33% boost certainly does. It's also worth noting that Lycanroc got Drill Run (also Zen Headbutt and uh Outrage for some reason), which is also boosted by Tough Claws.

Don't get me wrong, doggo won't make it as high as it rightfully should, but Dusk is definitely an improvemenr over the other forms

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm going to use the dog in the campaign.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Dusk Lycanroc is a lot better than the other Lycanrocs but will still probably be lacking. Tough Claws will be a really massive boost in how much damage Lycanroc can do. The 2 points in speed is a bit up in the air. The relevant pokemon in a similar speed tier are Purugly at 112, and Raichu, Tauros, Jumpluff, Archeops, and Froslass at 110. Lots of things have 110-112 in OU or UU but who cares Lycanroc will never be competing against them.

I guess it could be a problem. Froslass, Jumpluff, and Archeops never get OHKOed by Accelerock unless Lycanroc is Choice Band or Life Orb, though Froslass and Archeops both commonly hold a Sash. Tauros could get OHKOed by Midday Lycanroc's Continental Crush before and speed tying makes that a lot worse. Stone Edge also has a high chance of OHKOing Raichu. Purugly is not actually used in NU/PU so it doesn't matter nearly as much.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah it's great but really it's just him roasting Gladion. Gladion's too serious for some good roasts.

Gladion's easy as gently caress to roast, his drat battle theme sounds like a Seinfeld bumper, the jokes write themselves here

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shin Megami Tensei IV (2013)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Any word of the polygon count on the USM models?

That was why SM loved to drop into the single digit frame rates during double/Royale battles

And now I'm slightly curious as to how the SM Pokémon tournament from several months ago went because of that

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Does Ultra Sun/Moon have a meatier endgame than the original? The last endgame that was worth a poo poo was gen 5, in the last two there was pretty much nothing to do but competitive battling with other players online.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

extra row of teeth posted:

Does Ultra Sun/Moon have a meatier endgame than the original? The last endgame that was worth a poo poo was gen 5, in the last two there was pretty much nothing to do but competitive battling with other players online.

They don't really care about the endgame anymore

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

delta episode was the best endgame they've ever done

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Manatee Cannon posted:

delta episode was the best endgame they've ever done
This.

I might just be biased towards Deoxys, but who isn't?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

PetraCore posted:

This.

I might just be biased towards Deoxys, but who isn't?

This is cool and all, but I'm not sure anything can compare to running into Mewtwo and what the gently caress is this thing ohshit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you are riding high on nostalgia my friend because riding a dragon into space to blow up a meteor and get in a fist fight with an alien is infinitely better than cerulean cave

unless you just mean you like mewtwo more than deoxys, in which case fair

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

extra row of teeth posted:

The whole Rainbow Rocket thing is postgame iirc, so sort of? There's also the new Battle Factory Knockoff, if you're a cool and good person who's into that sort of thing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Then there's riding your lion/bat through space trying to find different colored holes in which pokémon dwell so you can capture them for the Nth time even though by now there's no excuse not to have a complete Living Pokédex via PokéBank

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaze Dragon posted:

Stars makes no sense because Necrozma wasn't ever patterned after stars in the first place.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Then there's riding your lion/bat through space trying to find different colored holes in which pokémon dwell so you can capture them for the Nth time even though by now there's no excuse not to have a complete Living Pokédex via PokéBank

actually i have a pretty good excuse, i dont care enough to do it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm gonna do it because I assume that's how you get to all the cool ultra space locations and those places have good music.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
god, I'm so high.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Manatee Cannon posted:

you are riding high on nostalgia my friend because riding a dragon into space to blow up a meteor and get in a fist fight with an alien is infinitely better than cerulean cave

unless you just mean you like mewtwo more than deoxys, in which case fair

It's definitely really really cool, and I love it to bits, but it's on rails.

You get to the bottom of the cave, which is full of tough random encounters, and there's this thing. You're low on items or balls and then this hideous monster is 10 levels above you and can heal itself. You didn't even know this was going to be here.

And then you find out if you're the very best.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"mewtwo is in cerulean cave" is one of those things that I felt like was on the playground before most kids got to really play pokemon.

At least I certainly didn't get to play Red till the craze was really on. Didn't have a gameboy till I got a colour with Gold and Silver for christmas.

Gold and Silver don't have the best post game, but the battle against Red was really hype to kid-me.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 13, 2017

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gold/silver was the best post game hands down for me. You thought you are done but here’s another region and 8 more gyms... and then you get to fight the ultimate badass - who is just yourself from the last game. :black101:

Didn’t think much of the looker stuff in sun/moon, it’s just cutscenes with rambling npcs then go catch a pokemon, rinse and repeat. Haven’t played alpha/omega but the delta episode also sounds like bazicaly a bunch if cutscenes and 1-2 easy story battles.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Haven’t played alpha/omega but the delta episode also sounds like bazicaly a bunch if cutscenes and 1-2 easy story battles.
Pretty much.

Delta episode, especially the ending, sounds cool as gently caress on paper, but in execution, you are just flying around 4 or 5 places doing boring battles with grunts while NPCs are directing plot and exposition at you for like 80% of its duration.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's been a lot of side content to the post-game areas in USUM. Little pieces of story get added for random people like Hapu's grandmother, and you learn what really happens when a trainer dies.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dehry posted:

There's been a lot of side content to the post-game areas in USUM. Little pieces of story get added for random people like Hapu's grandmother, and you learn what really happens when a trainer dies.

Well, we already had the woman with the Machamp showing that, but I guess it isn't Alola if it's hammering in the point that you'll grow old and die and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

I have no idea why GameFreak decided to remind us of our mortality (both in that and in several Pokedex entries reminding us that little children play with extremely dangerous monsters in this franchise) but I guess it comes with knowing that the people who started with your franchise as kids are now fully grown adults.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

death rules

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When can I stuff death into a ball?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Electric Phantasm posted:

When can I stuff death into a ball?

whenever you catch Yveltal

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, we already had the woman with the Machamp showing that, but I guess it isn't Alola if it's hammering in the point that you'll grow old and die and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

I have no idea why GameFreak decided to remind us of our mortality (both in that and in several Pokedex entries reminding us that little children play with extremely dangerous monsters in this franchise) but I guess it comes with knowing that the people who started with your franchise as kids are now fully grown adults.

look at this guy who never made it to lavender town

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

"mewtwo is in cerulean cave" is one of those things that I felt like was on the playground before most kids got to really play pokemon.

At least I certainly didn't get to play Red till the craze was really on. Didn't have a gameboy till I got a colour with Gold and Silver for christmas.

Gold and Silver don't have the best post game, but the battle against Red was really hype to kid-me.

In trying to make myself like HGSS better last time I replayed (and to justify the lovely level curve), I've come to the decision that the Elite Four is only the halfway point of the game, and that anything after beating Red is technically postgame stuff.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
May I throw a vote of support into the ring for... Battle Frontier Island. A bunch of new battle variants (even if half suck) and a bunch of new space to explore. Just lol if you think Mewtwo in his lovely cave even compares.

Looker Mission and Delta Episode both have the potential to be rad but in reality, yeah, they're really on-rails and full of NPC Jabbering. Hunting down the Ultra Beasts was better, but could have been improved by making the UBs all spawn at once and not having to return to Looker in between all of them for more NPC Jabbering.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

look at this guy who never made it to lavender town

Lavender Town reminds me of the mortality of my pets. Alola in general reminds me of my own mortality.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

death rules

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

death rules

what are the death rules

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I should look into these. Did they add the move tutors back in? Because I can think of a lot for favorites from non-ultra Sun & Moon that desperately needed certain moves in their toolkit. Minior not getting access to Air Slash, or even Air Cutter, was a loving crime.

(And having said that, I assume it still doesn't because loving Garchomp needed Wild Charge or some goddamned thing.)

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

sharrrk posted:

what are the death rules

no moody, baton pass, or soul dew.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Golden Gael posted:

In trying to make myself like HGSS better last time I replayed (and to justify the lovely level curve), I've come to the decision that the Elite Four is only the halfway point of the game, and that anything after beating Red is technically postgame stuff.

HGSS is a bit of an odd one since the typical post game stuff kinda opens up sporadically after E4. I think there's a bunch of stuff you can do right away, then a thing or two you need all the Kanto badges for, then a few things for beating Red. Also, doesn't beating Red trigger a credits roll?

Diet Poison posted:

May I throw a vote of support into the ring for... Battle Frontier Island. A bunch of new battle variants (even if half suck) and a bunch of new space to explore. Just lol if you think Mewtwo in his lovely cave even compares.

Looker Mission and Delta Episode both have the potential to be rad but in reality, yeah, they're really on-rails and full of NPC Jabbering. Hunting down the Ultra Beasts was better, but could have been improved by making the UBs all spawn at once and not having to return to Looker in between all of them for more NPC Jabbering.

Yeah, the thing I kinda want from post games is a few new areas to explore. I remember Gen 5 being kinda good about this. The one post game thing I generally don't like is when they add some weird mechanic to find pokemon in old areas and it always ends up being annoying or inconvenient. If they ever do another remake I'd rather them just rework the regional dex and include a wider variety from the get go rather then be faithful and only open up the selection in the post game.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Platinum's Battle Island struck a good medium. You get your battle facilities, a tiny version of the region to explore, rematches of the gym leaders and the other dorks you helped, your own beach-side manor, and an extension of the Galactic plot with your pal Looker to this tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJfRE0rs2kE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rangpur posted:

I should look into these. Did they add the move tutors back in? Because I can think of a lot for favorites from non-ultra Sun & Moon that desperately needed certain moves in their toolkit. Minior not getting access to Air Slash, or even Air Cutter, was a loving crime.

(And having said that, I assume it still doesn't because loving Garchomp needed Wild Charge or some goddamned thing.)

Minior's tutor moves in USUM: Iron Head, Gravity, Magnet Rise, Last Resort, Zen Headbutt, Snore, Endeavor, Stealth Rock, Telekinesis