Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gloria Allred's MO is getting Gloria Allred's name in headlines and I'm incredibly wary of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I support anyone stopping using Keurigs though. They generate a lot of waste.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

evilweasel posted:

guys it is physically painful to see so many people with less of an understanding of keurig's business plan than a buch of idiot hannitybots

Yeah seriously- I made this mistake initially but let’s not let ourselves be intellectually lazy just because it makes a good rhetorical point. We can say it hardly effects Keurig’s bottom line compared to low-key supporting a pedophile apologist, but it’s not some win for Keurig that already purchased machines are getting destroyed- those are loss leaders.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

evilweasel posted:

also whoa the turtle grew a tiny sense of morality

No, Moore is his enemy.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ague Proof posted:

Twitter Conservatives destroying coffee makers is machine-on-machine violence.

oh look at that, they're actually marxists. who knew.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This threads hatred of Gloria Allred is loving misogynistic and bizarre

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Which national Republican PACs are currently funding Moore?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

JVNO posted:

Yeah seriously- I made this mistake initially but let’s not let ourselves be intellectually lazy just because it makes a good rhetorical point. We can say it hardly effects Keurig’s bottom line compared to low-key supporting a pedophile apologist, but it’s not some win for Keurig that already purchased machines are getting destroyed- those are loss leaders.

Um...ok? No one said it was a win for them--we said it wouldn't affect them at all and the idiots who are doing this are essentially destroying a valuable piece of property out of spite.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

No. They don't move these things unless a candidate dies, and even then it didn't happen in Missouri--John Ashcroft lost to a dead guy anyway.

Is this a case of regressives voting for a dead body over a Dem?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Having Gloria Allred there is not going to change the amount of poo poo this poor woman is about to be dragged through. She's still going to be doxxed and she's still gonna get death threats from the troglodytes. Allred can at least be a powerful ally for her.

PhazonLink posted:

Other way around, actually! Mel Carnahan, the Democrat, died in a plane crash before the election--and he still managed to beat Ashcroft at the polls.

Of course, Ashcroft became AG in the Bush Administration, so he got a nice golden parachute.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 13, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I bet a good number of those Keurigs came from thrift stores and garage sales

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Not all criticism of a woman need be rooted in misogyny, and simply being a woman does not place someone above criticism.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

no, ashcroft was the alive candidate, the democrat was dead

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
North Korea genuinely doesn't know if Trump is crazy

https://www.politico.eu/article/they-want-to-know-if-trumps-crazy/

Spoiler: Yes he is

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Doesn't Keurig make more money from K-Cups than from the machines themselves?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
You all realize Allred does this on purpose as it acts as a lighting rod for her client where people focus on tearing into her and not her client right?

Like you understand that right

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I checked out her Wikipedia page expecting a ton of controversy given the level of apprehension towards her in here and I found nothing?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
There’s a nice talking point buried between Roy Moore’s candidacy and Trump’s apparent emphasis on ‘extreme vetting’, isn’t there? Like ‘haha Republicans can’t even vet their own party candidates of pedophilia, let alone terrorists’.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

Not all criticism of a woman need be rooted in misogyny, and simply being a woman does not place someone above criticism.

Ok but the criticism has included calling her a gorilla, complaining she gets too much money for her clients and that "her tactics don't work according to my opinion."

So not exactly the best evidence that these criticisms are coming from a place of honest reflection.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

the video of it is amazing

like, I'm not sure he can outbid the Orb, but he doesn't have to

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Generic republican lifer.

this is why people in government need to stop quitting their jobs as a form of protest statement. they get replaced by more despicable republicans

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

How do these morons not realize that Keurig already got their 75 bucks and could care less whether a bunch of toothless morons smash their products or not?

Reminder, these people went out to buy the jersey # of that Colin Kaepernick to burn. The "smarter" ones got non official ripoffs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lightning Knight posted:

No, moderates are becoming disillusioned. Moore was the Bannon-backed candidate and he beat out Strange despite Trump endorsing Strange. In blood red Republican states I predict we'll see another Tea Party-esque wave but for Bannon if they remained organized. They'll likely be less successful for lack of money, but Republican base voters are happy to keep things trending further into fascism.

Breitbart has been steadily losing sponsors and more importantly unique traffic since trumps election and that's only been continuing as people generally reject Bannon's style of trash. Eventually Breitbart, if it doesn't just shutter outright, is going to become Freep2 in terms of relevancy and political weight. Sure this will only more radicalize their own base, but that base is going to be a tiny tiny subset of people.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pakled posted:

Definitely more than other coffee companies do. The joys of proprietary coffee.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Reik posted:

I checked out her Wikipedia page expecting a ton of controversy given the level of apprehension towards her in here and I found nothing?

You know how decades of attacks brainwashed even non-conservatives into believing Nancy Pelosi was somehow bad at running the House Dems? Same poo poo, basically. Decades of smears have people who are certain that they're not The Bad People still believing and parroting poo poo about Gloria Allred.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Breitbart has been steadily losing sponsors and more importantly unique traffic since trumps election and that's only been continuing as people generally reject Bannon's style of trash. Eventually Breitbart, if it doesn't just shutter outright, is going to become Freep2 in terms of relevancy and political weight. Sure this will only more radicalize their own base, but that base is going to be a tiny tiny subset of people.

Sounds like one of them there compaction cycles to me!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Hollismason posted:

Feminist advocacy and pro bono representation of victims is great. Using victims as props in publicity stunts and self promotion is less so.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If you want a Secretary of HHS that is going to bring down drug costs, maybe don't appoint someone that was the Deputy Secretary of HHS when Medicare Part D was created.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

You know how decades of attacks brainwashed even non-conservatives into believing Nancy Pelosi was somehow bad at running the House Dems?

I still can't believe people thought this. We need to get rid of Nancy Pelosi, one of the most efficient, effective caucus leaders the party HAS, because Republicans don't like her. This was literally the line people used to justify it--and that opportunistic little turd Tim Ryan from Ohio took advantage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Guze posted:

A big part of being a moron is not realizing that you are a moron.

Lets just call it the Dunning-Keurig effect.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pakled posted:

yes, but keurig targets the commercial and office market. keurig as a coffee brewing method is best suited for when you have to provide a range of choices to people and you want to minimize brewing time and cleanup. there's not much point to having a keurig at home unless you're a lazy rear end. home consumers might drink one or two cups a day but any decently sized office could go through boxes of them in a week

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TheScott2K posted:

You know how decades of attacks brainwashed even non-conservatives into believing was somehow bad at running the House Dems? Same poo poo, basically. Decades of smears have people who are certain that they're not The Bad People still believing and parroting poo poo about Gloria Allred.

I've said this so many times but Misogyny is one of the biggest problems in US Politics. You don't see people attacking other attorneys they way allred is attacked for doing her loving job.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the video of it is amazing

like, I'm not sure he can outbid the Orb, but he doesn't have to

It should be constitutionally mandated that every international Presidential visit must include an orb in some manner.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
every guy destroying these keurig machines looks exactly what i expected them to look like.

basically the kind of guy who has worked at an auto parts store full-time for 10 years

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I've said this so many times but Misogyny is one of the biggest problems in US Politics. You don't see people attacking other attorneys they way allred is attacked for doing her loving job.

People are criticizing Allred for something she does that other attorneys do not.

You guys are reaching so hard for an angle on this that you are at risk of pulling your arm out of its socket. Please do some stretches first.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Willo567 posted:

North Korea genuinely doesn't know if Trump is crazy

https://www.politico.eu/article/they-want-to-know-if-trumps-crazy/

Spoiler: Yes he is

Sound like North Korea is basically this thread. Except for the nukes obviously.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I feel like this is the definition of lying on a government form.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
No one has bothered to explain exactly what Gloria Allred has actually done wrong.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/MooreSenate/status/930128259035082756

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like this is the definition of lying on a government form.

Who can keep track when you have so many mistresses

• Locked thread