Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
#bringcarlsonhome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

#bringcarlsonhome

I'd like to add also that Long Island is close to New Jersey

I mean he probably already lives in Jersey

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
state of california - 0

tampa bay lightning - 3

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

I'd like to add also that Long Island is close to New Jersey

I mean he probably already lives in Jersey

he grew up a devils fan and played low-level junior in bridgewater but that was the year of mattias tedenby

#bringjohnhome

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

eXXon posted:

I'd like to see Matthews between JVR and Marner since Bozak is still a waste of space even after picking up his game slightly from the start of the season.

I think Bozak has been really good last couple games but I agree he's no longer needed (and hope they don't resign him) especially since his previous major positive was his faceoffs and now with the new rules he seems to get kicked out 95% of the time anyway.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Minnesota's gonna win the lottery actually

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

he grew up a devils fan and played low-level junior in bridgewater but that was the year of mattias tedenby

#bringjohnhome

everything is happening

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

Philly thought the same thing in '07.

:smug:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

Montreal and Edmonton staked out far more impressive claims, and that's ignoring Buffalo, Florida and Arizona.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Just lol if you think anyone other than the Penguins are winning the draft lottery.

e: it's either that or another Cup because God hates all of you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ginette Reno posted:

Just lol if you think anyone other than the Penguins are winning the draft lottery.

e: it's either that or another Cup because God hates all of you

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Edmonton is going to get Dahlin and no one will care because they will remain a dumpster fire despite it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jehde posted:

Edmonton is going to get Dahlin and no one will care because they will remain a dumpster fire despite it.

Please dont remind us of reality this early in the season. Some of us need things to look forward to even if deep down we know they arent true.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

We had him, we got his name on the cup

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Apparently Zajac is supposed to come back this week, that's pretty crazy I had no idea he was that close. Mueller getting hurt tonight probably means they keep Prout around when he was probably going to get sent down otherwise. The D is still questionable as gently caress but man that's going to be a shockingly competent group with Zajac/MoJo coming back. It's crazy that as good as Hischier has been, Bratt still looks better. It's like the Devils added two top three talents in the same year.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's been like a million years since the Devils came back against a good team, so this season is looking good. I'll be happy with a playoff berth.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
And yet it was Miles Wood that got the hatty

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/930043898810028034

Carlson has been getting a disgusting amount of TOI and doing really well with it. He's going to get $6M+ easily and since the Caps only have Eller and Beagle coming off the books, they are pretty hosed! It would be cool to see Johnny C go back to Jersey, but I think the Caps would be better off firing the bottom 6 into the sun rather than let Brooks Orpik be the No. 3 d-man.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nolan and AMac are back to full practice today, woo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Furnaceface posted:

The Chicago Blackhawks are going to win the draft lottery.

They can't even score draft picks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Diet Crack posted:

It's been like a million years since the Devils came back against a good team, so this season is looking good. I'll be happy with a playoff berth.

Which good team did they come back against? Surely you don't mean the sub-500 Blackhawks?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Love to find out that David Krejci is traveling with the Bruins on their west coast road trip and will hopefully start playing again soon, only to immediately also find out that Marchand and Bjork will not be due to being injured. What a fun season this is. I think a gypsy cursed the Bruins so that none of their top-6 forwards can be healthy at the same time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Love to find out that David Krejci is traveling with the Bruins on their west coast road trip and will hopefully start playing again soon, only to immediately also find out that Marchand and Bjork will not be due to being injured. What a fun season this is. I think a gypsy cursed the Bruins so that none of their top-6 forwards can be healthy at the same time.

His name is grack and he prefers to be called Roma.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I don’t think I’m getting enough credit in here for remaining so steadfastly humble and not at all insufferable w/r/t the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey club this season.*

*yet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

I don’t think I’m getting enough credit in here for remaining so steadfastly humble and not at all insufferable w/r/t the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey club this season.*

*yet

We're pre-crediting you with a meltdown for when Stamkos' HGH leg explodes and Kucherov is discovered to be the guy holding the piss tape and Trump has him taken out.

So they cancel out.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

Voodoo and bribing the officials works better.

Not that I'd know anything about that, of course.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Grack was the worst of the 4 horsemen?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

Grack was the worst of the 4 horsemen?

Come on dude, I'm at least better than Mongo

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

We're pre-crediting you with a meltdown for when Stamkos' HGH leg explodes and Kucherov is discovered to be the guy holding the piss tape and Trump has him taken out.

So they cancel out.

I know you’re kinda joking, but the inevitability of stamkos’ body deteriorating into pure atoms of salo keeps me in check.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Wonderllama posted:

*yet

The Tampa Bay Lightning are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Chad Sexington posted:

The Tampa Bay Lightning are going to win the Stanley Cup.

...I’m almost there...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wonderllama posted:

...I’m almost there...

GWG is a Stamkos feed to Kucherov right over the shoulder.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

iospace posted:

GWG is a Stamkos feed to Kucherov right over the shoulder.

Now tell me drouin is sobbing at his parents house and I’ll have a pant full of bone

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ Niemi got waived again

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Buffalo or Montreal should claim Niemi so the CBJ can put up another three goals on him (Reimer gave up 4 in that game) for confidence-building.

Wonderllama posted:

*yet

You're not hung up on Guy Boucher being an affront to coaching at times in spite of all the success which has come since/will come with Cooper. You're doing fine.

Just don't get publicly disappointed that it's a disgrace you could put a less-than-adequate 6th/7th/depth defenseman's name on the Cup and you're set.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wonderllama posted:

I know you’re kinda joking, but the inevitability of stamkos’ body deteriorating into pure atoms of salo keeps me in check.

It's called Salonium jeez learn to science

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
CBJ if you're referring to Girardi, I';d be insanely happy for him to get a cup, even if its on the lightning. Callahan OTOH can gently caress off.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Wonderllama posted:

Samisalonium

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

CBJ if you're referring to Girardi, I';d be insanely happy for him to get a cup, even if its on the lightning. Callahan OTOH can gently caress off.

lol

those contract negotiations really did a number on peoples perception of Callahan. The rumors that he was asking for $7 mill per year really pissed off a lot of fans

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

I was talking about somebody in PAS at one point posting during the playoffs that it was a shame Ron Hainsey's name was going to be on the Cup, which seemed like a small price to pay for winning back-to-back titles.

I think I responded I'd put Luca Sbisa and Dalton Prout's names on there if it meant my team won the Stanley Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

lol

those contract negotiations really did a number on peoples perception of Callahan. The rumors that he was asking for $7 mill per year really pissed off a lot of fans

Yep. Count me in that group. Glad we didn't give him his current contract too.

• Locked thread