Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
McDaniels wasn't blown out by the Pats at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eli Wiggum posted:

I hate Vance Joseph so much

I could've sworn I heard him say a few weeks ago "Special Teams is easy" but I can't find the money quote

spankweasel posted:

I wasn't able to watch the game due to a) not having an HD antenna and b) PS Vue not having a deal with NBC. From what's being said on the r/denverbroncos subreddit it looks like VJ has already pretty much used up any goodwill left in the town and is being called out for not being ready for a head coaching gig:

https://twitter.com/markkiszla/status/929948312844820480

I know LG and RT have been god awful this year and let's not get started on the fact that Brock Osweiler is our current QB but with the number of mistakes on special teams (24 points last night), the defense flat quitting in the last two games, and the offense being a tire fire in general doesn't this start with VJ and Elway? What are the chances that VJ is fired in year 1? I know it doesn't happen often and the players hate it but you can't tell me this season is "just growing pains" for a new coach.

He sort of (but not really) got the offense going then they just completely loving dropped the ball on ST, which was barely average to begin with. Defense just knows they can't win and give up. I think it's a combination of protest and business decision. Hell, I'd do the same if the other 2/3s weren't carrying their weight. This just gets worse every week. Literally the only thing keeping the team alive are individual talents (imagine this loss if Sanders wasn't playing his heart out last night). I am not at all surprised if the Broncos finish 4-12. That win is from the Dolphins. The Raiders are going to beat the Broncos' rear end.

The OL and QB situation is on Elway though. That disaster has been brewing for a while.

e: GRAMMAR

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 13, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like Anthony Lynn and think he's going to be a good coach

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Who needs a quarterback and a competent offensive line when you have a generational defense! :haw:"

-a horsefaced idiot

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Have we already sunk so low as to besmirch the good name of Elway?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How many of you guys have heard John Elway speak, like heard his voice

He's the most reprehensible and ugly thing God has ever created. from his face to his voice to his rotten soul

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
john elways has always been trash

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

He besmirched his own name when he drafted Osweiler and Lynch

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

a neat cape posted:

He besmirched his own name when he drafted Osweiler and Lynch

Drew Brees is going to do so well on that team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Drew Brees is going to do so well on that team.

It's gonna be Cousins

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Brees is going to go somewhere where he will succeed and be a contender. The Broncos are not that team anymore, maybe they were 4-5 years ago when courting Manning but their OL sucks, D has lost some key pieces, and the coaching situation is a disaster. Cousins makes sense, I could see Elway breaking the bank to fix this embarrassing situation

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Brees on the Vikings :allears:

SHOAH NUFF posted:

their OL sucks, D has lost some key pieces, and the coaching situation is a disaster.

You know what Brees cares about more than all those things?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He might value his health some. Denver's offensive line against AFC West defenses is not a happy position for a quarterback to be in these days.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

I don't know him personally, but I'm going to guess he cares about money, success and health. Denver is not the place.

Nov 6, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 13, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Seeing Brees in a Broncos uniform would crush me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We, uh, understood your point. But if there's cash to be made elsewhere that's anywhere close it might be worth his while to think about is all we're saying.

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah I agree, but people are acting like the Broncos are a total dumpster fire that needs to rebuild.

The Broncos are two years removed from a Super Bowl. They're not the Browns. They still have plenty in place to build around and support Brees and we know Elway wasn't shy about throwing money to land Peyton.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Denver can't afford Cousins and will continue to be an embarrassment until Elway is fired.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drew Brees is 38 years old.

I hope he does go to the Broncos, he can continue to lose to the Chiefs and set Denver back a few years on figuring out their quarterback situation.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I just don't want to hate Drew

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

lol do you think this is some genius point or something? We all got it, he wants money. Brees will get money from lots of suitors.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah I agree, but people are acting like the Broncos are a total dumpster fire that needs to rebuild.

The Broncos are two years removed from a Super Bowl. They're not the Browns. They still have plenty in place to build around and support Brees and we know Elway wasn't shy about throwing money to land Peyton.

The Broncos OL is an absolute trash fire, their running game is nothing special, their special teams are really bad, and their defense has given up 100 points in the last two games.

Obviously the defense isn't THAT bad but it isn't the same defense that won a superbowl. Lack of Wade Phillips is probably a big reason

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'm curious what pieces the Broncos have to build around an old rear end QB that will play 1-2 more years. Two decent receivers, what else? Donald Stephenson and Devontae Booker?

Nov 6, 2002

An elite pass rusher? Great cornerbacks? Good receivers?

a neat cape posted:

The Broncos OL is an absolute trash fire, their running game is nothing special, their special teams are really bad, and their defense has given up 100 points in the last two games.

These are all issues that one good off season could fix.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They need to fix the right side of the offensive line. Menelik Watson is garbage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm curious what pieces the Broncos have to build around an old rear end QB that will play 1-2 more years. Two decent receivers, what else? Donald Stephenson and Devontae Booker?

Miller and Harris are great. Who else?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Miller and Harris are great. Who else?

Talib's still fine and pretty good as a #2 with Harris on the other side? Shane Ray has promise I guess? Derek Wolfe is pretty good.

They probably need Ray to hit as a stud (or draft someone else who does) to have a chance at keeping that defense dominant. I mean they'll still be fine, they've got a lot of good pieces. But they won't be terrifying anymore.

Nov 6, 2002

They reality is, if they added Brees and fixed up the OL they would not need that defense to be elite.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They reality is, if they added Brees and fixed up the OL they would not need that defense to be elite.

Cool that's easy to do

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Fixing up an OL is a really hard thing to do these days though. No one trusts any of the college guys because of spread offenses and teams are either holding onto their own offensive linemen or they're getting ridiculous deals that would cut into that Brees money.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah, if the Broncos can fix up the rest of their roster and add Brees then they will easily tower over the division once again. I have some doubts about how easy it is to fix a lovely OL these days though

edit: beaten for the 3rd straight time i'll let my afcw bros finish up

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who's in line to succeed Brees in New Orleans? Is Chase Daniel even good?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^In this thread the answer will depend on if you root for MU or KU. He's okay, better than Tom Savage anyway

It might take a few years but the good news is the Broncos would be back just in time for their bank breaking QB to turn 40.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 13, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah, if the Broncos can fix up the rest of their roster and add Brees then they will easily tower over the division once again. I have some doubts about how easy it is to fix a lovely OL these days though

Especially trying to completely retool an OL in the limited window Brees has.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

It might take a few years but the good news is the Broncos would be back just in time for their bank breaking QB to turn 40.

Oh god they're gonna sign Rivers in 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Who's in line to succeed Brees in New Orleans? Is Chase Daniel even good?

He's amazing :allears: ... in my heart.

Chase has been training to be a quarterback coach for at least 5 years now. He'll take the backup money and go in and play if you need him to, but yeah honestly his ship has sailed.

e: yeah he's still better than the Savages of the world at least, you could do worse for a backup. Not the guy you want to build around though.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

We all knew that spring after SB50 that the Broncos were a house of cards. None of this should be shocking, it's just disappointing.

I think Brees would be fine I just hate getting an old QB who's gonna retire in 2-3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

Oh god they're gonna sign Rivers in 2020
:q:

• Locked thread