Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Ugh, comeon Nate you're smarter than this?

Ben Carson might be one of the best neurosurgeons on the planet and thinks the pyramids are grain silos. Being good at math doesn't make him smart at these kinds of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"Schedule a testimony or we will start talking to the public" is a hell of a ballsy move, I like it

She also spoke directly to the idiots in this thread by stating that the accused reached out to her, and not the other way around.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheScott2K posted:

They don't hate Trump

McConnell has given Trump any accomplishments he has.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"Schedule a testimony or we will start talking to the public" is a hell of a ballsy move, I like it

Not sure how to feel about it, but yeah it's ballsy.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Did they mention what year this took place during the presser?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

new accuser: age 15 years old not sure on year

edit: she wasn't 15 during incident, she was 16

Rigel fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 13, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

HappyHippo posted:

all i heard was "40 years ago" but no date specifically.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Lightning Knight posted:

If he does go down at trial and Christie appoints his replacement, does the replacement serve until 2018?

Being convicted doesn’t remove him from the senate, he’d have to resign or be expelled. Other than that yea, his replacement will serve out the term.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

She gave her age at the beginning, so it could be math'd out

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
All that Bob Menendez is really being accused of is doing what every American does, every day. Friends help friends. drat the corrupt all you want, but corruption has formed an important cornerstone of American society and has improved the lives of everyday Americans.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/AlexSilverman/status/930159669544439809

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think they're pulling ads to avoid political content - wtf? They were already advertising on loving hannity, clearly they don't avoid political content. They're avoiding advertising with someone who defends a loving child molester on their show.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
drat. This is rough.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rigel posted:

new accuser: age 15 years old not sure on year

Said she was born in '61, I think. So that would make it '76 or so.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

HappyHippo posted:

Still during his tenure as ADA so probably around the same time as Corfman. I doubt anything criminal will ever come out of this whole debacle, but it certainly might encourage other women to come forward because you know drat well there's a bunch.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Who's surprised that the guy who put 'thou shall not lust' in front of the state house has a history of being a lustful creep who targets children?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Ugh all this Roy Moore poo poo is dredging up some poo poo for me (when I was 15 a guy I played everquest with offered to fly me to the vegas fanfaire in 2003 and I thought he was just being a nice friendly dude but it turned out he was a creepy loving 28y/o molester(also my parents were stupid duper negligent and I kind of assume they hoped i'd never come home)) and now I really want to find out that guys real name and make sure he hasn't been molesting other girls all this time.

Jesus christ this poo poo is just too common and seeing all the guys who defend "oh well those girls flirt so good" or whatever is just insane.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I had to cut out of the stream, I couldn't make out half of what she was saying over the sound of the god drat cameras.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
1977 is the year she's giving.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

dbukalski posted:

the fact they will be replaced by more volatile, aggressive, uncooperative blowhards is good

they wont be able to work together. the laws they try to pass will be even more unpopular than the relatively more sane senate we have now.

the public backlash will make viginia seem tame.

Well, the reason I'm torn about it is that I'm a republican.

That said, I'm having a hard time believing someone is using an accelerationist argument in 2017 BUT!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Oh my god he wrote in her yearbook.

Caros
May 14, 2008

He wrote in her loving yearbook. Oi.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This is brutal to hear.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Chilichimp posted:

few pages ago, but I'm disappointed folks didn't react to my Dunning-Keurig comment.

It got a chuckle from me, friend. :glomp:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Reik posted:

Oh my god he wrote in her yearbook.

:dogbutton:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"He would sometimes pull the ends of my hair as I walked past."

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/930161596751663110

Someone's got receipts!

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Caros posted:

He wrote in her loving yearbook. Oi.

If she has that then :bisonyes:

This is loving so hard to listen to.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why doesn't the Republican leadership call up Sean Hannity and ask him kindly to please turn his back on Moore? He'd do it for them.

I think the party apparatus lost a lot of its power at Fox when Ailes got booted out. They're entirely about appeasing the base at this point.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

This is really hard to listen to without getting angry.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

twice burned ice posted:

Who's surprised that the guy who put 'thou shall not lust' in front of the state house has a history of being a lustful creep who targets children?

that is not one of the ten commandments

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

God I hope she kept that yearbook but I know I would have burned it to ashes.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

twice burned ice posted:

I don't think that's a commandment...

Caros
May 14, 2008

Delthalaz posted:

If she has that then :bisonyes:

It isn't as bad as it sounds. He was a customer at a resteraunt where she worked and offered to sign the book. He wrote 'love' in it, but that isn't really that bad all things considered.

Straight up sexually assaulting her in a car, however, is loving horrifying.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Locked the door! This loving piece of poo poo.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Jesus.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Caros posted:

It isn't as bad as it sounds. He was a customer at a resteraunt where she worked and offered to sign the book. He wrote 'love' in it, but that isn't really that bad all things considered.

At least the yearbook aspect will prevent him (maybe?) from claiming he's never met her.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"He put pressure on my neck to attempt to force his head onto my crotch."

Hang him by his balls.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Caros posted:

Of course it isn't bad to write a note, but it's material evidence that at least part of the story is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005
What exactly is wrong with criticizing Gloria allred? She's fairly well known as a media attention seeker and somewhat of an ambulance chaser. It has nothing to do with the victim she represents or that she happens to be a woman.

This has been the general public opinion for long enough that snl did a (not very funny) skit about her a while ago.

https://www.hulu.com/watch/184583

• Locked thread