Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Back on my day there was one mastery page and we liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Methanar posted:

Back on my day there was one mastery page and we liked it.

I bet you'll tell me Sona and Udyr were king shitters too! And that an item called Innervating Locket existed!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

el dingo posted:

I do not miss having 20 mastery pages to pore over while my drunken lizard brain desperately tries to remember which one is my Bard page - oh right, its the one called 'Bard' only I changed it last weekend to be a swain page so I frantically start unclicking points and reassigning them as the counter winds down and oh gently caress the game has started and I still have teleport.

Whatever, bard likes to roam

Gonna wistfully miss this

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gowb posted:

How's assassin malphite these days

Good but depends on teamcomp

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What's the full rune/item build/skill order for Udyr? I know someone posted the runes a few days ago but I don't remember seeing skill order.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Aerox posted:

What's the full rune/item build/skill order for Udyr? I know someone posted the runes a few days ago but I don't remember seeing skill order.

Mikujin posted:

For anyone wanting to give Udyr a whirl, the things-to-take are:

Precision (Primary)
- Lethal Tempo
- Triumph
- Legend: Alacrity/Tenacty (depending on enemy comp)
- Coup de Grace

Sorcery (Secondary) {Option 1}
- Celerity
- WaterwalkingTranscendance

Domination (Secondary) {Option 2}
- Cheap Shot
- Relentless Hunter

Start Machete + Bead, get Tiamat then TF >> Blue Smite >>Sterakk's more fat stuff.

Personally I like Option 1 secondaries better since you want to be the marauder looking for tons of opportunities to murder enemies (and the synergy if you get into battles in the river is nice). Celerity + your passive + bear stance usually means your opening bops on the head also hurt, so life's great. Second option is ok, too, but I feel like it's less effective overall.

Go forth and shred your enemies.

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 13, 2017

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Do Celerity + Transcendence over Waterwalking because as an eloquent poster pointed out:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

transcendence is busted

This is of course assuming you're going Tiger not one of the many terrible Phoenix things.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
LOve making all those garens I see cry by locking in the perfect garen counter, Quinn top.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Do Celerity + Transcendence over Waterwalking because as an eloquent poster pointed out:

Edited

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Q > E > W > R?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Mikujin posted:

This is of course assuming you're going Tiger not one of the many terrible Phoenix things.

Also, can't you not pick both of those at the same time because they're in the same row? I can't get them both to lock in on the rune page.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Aerox posted:

Q > E > W > R?

That is the order I use, yeah

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Aerox posted:

Also, can't you not pick both of those at the same time because they're in the same row? I can't get them both to lock in on the rune page.

Waterwalking and Transcendence are in the same row; Celerity is in another row on its own. Hence saying Celerity + one of the other two (with preference to one).

Aerox posted:

Q > E > W > R?
Q > E=? W > R

E max first if you are a jungler who has keen map awareness and/or will be ganking frequently and/or the enemy team doesn't have a lot of low CD slows (e.g. Nunu).

W max first if you're learning Udyr, are not going to be trying to slam people constantly, or if the enemy team can peel you easily (in which case durability > limited mobility).

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Waterwalking and Transcendence are in the same row; Celerity is in another row on its own. Hence saying Celerity + one of the other two (with preference to one).

It's entirely possible that this is a bug but on my end the middle row of Sorcery is Transcendence, Celerity, and Absolute Focus.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's not. That's actually where they are.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Oops I meant Gathering Storm I'm bad.

E: Blame it on me staying up all night to build this stupid 3-stage amp. Annoying as gently caress.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Oops I meant Gathering Storm I'm bad.

E: Blame it on me staying up all night to build this stupid 3-stage amp. Annoying as gently caress.

No worries, appreciate the advice! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't experiencing :riot:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Aerox posted:

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't experiencing :riot:

Sorry that just comes with the territory.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hey all malzahar people, try last hitting instead of just spamming E on the wave from level 1 like a loving mongoloid retard like I used to

you can trust me, i go to church

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Actually had a mid karma who dumpstered her lane earlier and she went a Dorans blade for the adaptive ad. Started with like 80 ad or something dumb. It was pretty funny.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

How easy is it to dodge arcane comet? I got the impression that it's intended to be used only by people who have slows/poke cc but I've been seeing people take it without either of those in their kits.

Orv
May 4, 2011

d0grent posted:

How easy is it to dodge arcane comet? I got the impression that it's intended to be used only by people who have slows/poke cc but I've been seeing people take it without either of those in their kits.

Extremely.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It lands consistently if you have slow to the tune of 80%

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Comet only seems useful on champs with guaranteed CC like TF or something. And even on those, aery might be better if you can get some autos in.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

LOve making all those garens I see cry by locking in the perfect garen counter, Quinn top.

quinn goons just keep coming back every time i think people have got that nonsense out of their system something happens and they all crawl out of hell to trick people into playing quinn

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The only person I've seen who can get actual good value out of it is Lux, since the lingering slow from E makes it a guaranteed hit after about rank 2 or so. Might be able to make an argument for it for TF, too. Other than that, the fact that it can be so easily dodged makes it feel like a weird oddity compared to the other keystones.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Comet is good on velkoz too since his primary poke ability has a substantial slow on it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

Comet is good on velkoz too since his primary poke ability has a substantial slow on it

Disagree but willing to be nice about it

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
comet is good and lands like 90% of the time in my games when i use it with a malphite q or maokai E or something

basically any slow will make it land as long as you're not up against like ez or lucian

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Good on xerath, karthus and anivia too.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Good on xerath, karthus and anivia too.

Strong disagree, fully prepared to be rude about it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

There’s a bunch of champs it’s ok /acceptable on but it’s basically worse than aeire across the board, on everyone

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

People playing Comet MF, are you poking with Q and trying to use comet to push people back, or just throwing E's at them to proc it?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Comet is the ARAM mastery since everyone is bunched up and there's too much going on on screen for half the players to notice it.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Riot actually answered my prayers and not only delivered a squishy AD assassin meta, and then gave me a rune that makes my double sheen build gold efficient to the tune of an extra pickaxe an item.

Muramana/Fist/Frozen Heart/Second Frozen Heart or Black Cleaver, to taste. Each Frozen heart gives Ezreal another 34 AD on top of the stats it gives.

You can have 250 armor and still 3 shot carries, its awesome.

Gonna try out muramana and 4 frozen hearts this game wish me luck

Morellos has the same CDR and Mana as FH, so get that instead of the 4th one.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/930181513987149824

That jhin splash owns.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Thoughts on Press the Attack Udyr over Lethal Tempo? He procs it fairly easily if you have any attack speed at all and it makes him shred people.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Id say Vi > Vayne > Jhin. His is way generic / little personality in comparison.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There’s only been one good Jhin skin so far and it was SKT Jhin. This one looks lame as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rygar201 posted:

People playing Comet MF, are you poking with Q and trying to use comet to push people back, or just throwing E's at them to proc it?

Support MF? Just max E and throw it out constantly

• Locked thread