Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

As plenty of other people pointed out, the fact that Moore picked up that 14 year old outside the court house is a huge red flag. You don't just wake up one day and say 'I'm gonna go hunt for underaged tail' and magically pull it off, in public, with the mom right there. He's had plenty of practice.

Yup. Chances are, he as a lot more victims in the wings. Here's hoping.

By the way: 53 Religious Leaders in Alabama just signed a petition supporting Moore. Egg, meet face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

By the way: 53 Religious Leaders in Alabama just signed a petition supporting Moore. Egg, meet face.

my dad was pestering me on why I don't go to church. I'm emailing him the FB post with the letter and saying because I don't support pedophiles

here it is btw https://www.facebook.com/kaylamoor/posts/1917464514936191

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So basically trump needs to do some really crazy poo poo to distract us and get Moore elected?

I welcome the nukes.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

my dad was pestering me on why I don't go to church. I'm emailing him the FB post with the letter and saying because I don't support pedophiles

here it is btw https://www.facebook.com/kaylamoor/posts/1917464514936191

I think what's worse than these posts, like the "Joe Biden is a creepy pedophile" post, is the number of people who come out in agreement and support of them. It's loving gross.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sanders started something and it’s going to have lasting effect. Grassroots poo poo is real. We are doing it right now. Talking about policies and getting involved. He was charismatic and most importantly actually did what he said he supported. As soon as I saw him in pictures during marches dating back in the loving 60’s, I knew that this man cared.

No other loving politician that I can recall was that involved.

Bernie is an independent and some of people out there who are non-voters are independent because they disagree with both sides. He had over 7 million individual contributors during his run. That’s more than anyone (iirc).

The problem is change. People are afraid of change. Go do something different right now, a different brand of beer you’ve never tried.

“But but but I like this one!” So what? Try something new? If it doesn’t work, we can go back. Problem is, it’s gonna work.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

I thought churches get tax-exempt status so they aren't allowed to be politicking, or is this some sorta "Heh, this is private citizen dude talking as opposed to rev. dude so this isn't politicking."

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

KildarX posted:

I thought churches get tax-exempt status so they aren't allowed to be politicking?

Yeah, about that....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KildarX posted:

I thought churches get tax-exempt status so they aren't allowed to be politicking, or is this some sorta "Heh, this is private citizen dude talking as opposed to rev. dude so this isn't politicking."

Say hello to the Evangelicals backing the Trump/Pence administration who are openly pushing against enforcing the Johnson Amendment.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Robot uprising is making impressive gains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgaO45SyaO4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slim Pickens posted:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

mods remove this offtopic post, it belongs in the dog thread

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm still not sure what those robots actually do, or what the company's business model is.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man this roy moore poo poo would be hilarious if it wasn't so hosed up. All of the options for republicans are lovely

They either tank the election for Moore and hand it to a democrat, let him win then remove him from office causing a civil war between moderates and disciples of TRUMP, or Moore wins straight up and they do nothing and endure grand ol' pedophile memes for eternity.

Also if they get another dem in the senate just lol at trying to pass anything.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

I'm still not sure what those robots actually do, or what the company's business model is.

robotic pack mule that carries ammo food water and heavy weapons would be dope.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

No super creepy engine sound. NOT MY ROBOT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
Terminator reboot looking interesting

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Here's some news that popped up in the Russia thread.

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/930185102243647488

The Atlantic got a hold of Don Jr.'s and Assaunge's Twitter DMs

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
In more pressing Hyper-normalization news, cracks in reality continue to grow

Responding to Jeb Bush yesterday, Alex Jones used a meme created in CSPAM to try to make fun of him.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Assange as Australian ambassador wtf

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Italy is out of the World Cup, first time they’ve missed it since 1958

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Don Jr tweeted the emails four hours after wikileaks asked him to leak the emails to them so they could burnish their credibility

holy gently caress

he's somehow still even stupider than we thought

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://qz.com/1127984/eu-army-bloc-forging-ahead-with-its-military-integration-to-shake-off-us-dependence/

this is loving huge

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I saw this but how legit is it?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Seems like the headline and first paragraph sex it up a bit.

Still a big deal, though, drat. Brexit getting results already

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Eh, as much as I'd love this, I want to see concrete progress and successes. We've seen stuff like this before (lol EU battlegroups).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Waroduce posted:

I saw this but how legit is it?

I suspect very. Trump has heavily shaken the EU's trust in the US both diplomatically and strategically.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Yet another shining example of how Diaper Don has completely ruined our standing in the world.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Seems legit. 23/28* signed on with legal endorsement (probably) in December.

* Everyone but Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Malta and Portugal.

quote:

Ms. Mogherini said countries have already submitted more than 50 joint projects in the fields of defense capabilities and military operations. Britain can take part in some if they are of benefit to the entire EU.

She said PESCO, backed by the EU defense fund, "will enable member states to use the economy of scale of Europe and in this manner to fulfill the gap of output that we have."

EU officials insist this is not just bureaucratic cooperation, but real investment that will help develop Europe's defense industry and spur research and development in military capabilities that the bloc needs most.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2017/1113/EU-coordinates-defense-operations-with-joint-defense-pact

I'm unfamiliar with this kind of thing it sounds like:
  • Majorly cuts 'duplication of efforts'
  • Adds EU-wide top-down coordination on some important poo poo
  • Increased spending

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
MAGAs will see this as a victory and that Trump is making them spend their own money instead of spending our money.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Gonna be hilarious if they establish a big pan-EU procurement fund to ensure independence from unreliable American support and use it to buy US arms to suck up to a future slightly less terrible US administration.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

literally all th e problems with our society are solved baby boomers dying
Thirty years later, fuckall has changed and the future's youngsters are hoping millennials will die off so they can inherit the problems that they can punt to their own grandchildren to deal with.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bell_ posted:

Thirty years later, fuckall has changed and the future's youngsters are hoping millennials will die off so they can inherit the problems that they can punt to their own grandchildren to deal with.

yeah but we'll hopefully use god a bit less to justify our hosed up views

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

robotic pack mule that carries ammo food water and heavy weapons would be dope.

They were funded by the military until they got bought by Google a few years ago and were told to make something marketable so it's safe to assume that robo gear mule was their original plan.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

That'd be enough to win my vote. I'll hope so, too.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Missionary Positron posted:

It's Skynet. Boston Dynamics is Skynet.

Eej posted:

They were funded by the military until they got bought by Google a few years ago and were told to make something marketable so it's safe to assume that robo gear mule was their original plan.

Also the sound OG Bigdog made was pure psychological warfare

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Eej posted:

Military contracts aside, they'll probably eventually try to release a Roomba or something like iRobot did. They got off the ground with military research grants also.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I feel like instead of 65 year old Jim Bob loving things up it's just going to be 40 year old Bob Jim loving things up.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

I feel like instead of 65 year old Jim Bob loving things up it's just going to be 40 year old Bob Jim loving things up.

Lets be honest 40yr Bob Jim will be lucky to make it to 35 before he od's on opiates, and his children probably won't make it into their late 20's before the same happens to them

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m augmenting a navy unit and they have a tv on fuckin Fox News all day in the workspace. Yesterday over the course of four hours I heard Moore discussed for only a few minutes. Today the coverage was much greater. Shepherd smith had a man on the street in Gadsden quickly interview three people. Two of the three were still with Moore. One said that if Moore admitted and was honest about it he would still vote for him because Washington needs honest people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Bell_ posted:

The one thing that makes me a tiny bit hopeful about the Millennials - while the supposedly super-liberal New Age hippie Boomer generation ended up being more like 50-50 in liberal/conservative views, the Millennials have so far been wildly in the liberal category whenever they actually come out to vote:

These are from 2012, but in 2016 under 30s voted 55% for Hillary and 9% for Other (:bernie:), and Northam just picked up 69% of the under 30 vote in VA. By comparison, back in the counter-culture heyday of '68 and '72 Humphrey and McGovern only picked up ~48% of the under 30 vote.

The older Millennial cohort are getting into their 30s and you're starting to see a big rise in young first-time candidates for the 2017/18 local and state elections. If (big if) Millennials manage to stay politically engaged past 2020 then there's the potential for demographics to start bending the curve back left.

• Locked thread