Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Who is this and why does he matter?

Despite the fact that you can see the word "Senator" in his name, you can click through and see "Indiana Senator" pretty prominently. And then you can just go wild and google poo poo

e: lets play some doge theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Who is the other Alabama senator

shelby, gave an 'if true' statement and nothing else iirc

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Richard Shelby, who I don't recall anything about but I am fairly sure is an awful person.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shelby

His response the day of the original allegations was to the effect of "You guys know that I was always backing Strange, right?"

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

mdemone posted:

The Senate can, but they won't. It doesn't matter because he's going to lose. If even one in ten likely Republican voters chooses not to show up for a pedophile in a special election with nothing else on the ballot, it's over.

1 in 10 dont show up OR write strange in.

it would be extra special if democrats are energised not to have a pedophile represent them in senate

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God drat does Republicans losing 16 seats in the Virginia house make for a feel good story after all the special election losses. All the "it's safe districts" things were right.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sinteres posted:

I wonder if they're coordinating this (they clearly seemed to be coordinating the original "if true" language), or if they're all just getting the hell away from this as fast as possible on an individual basis.

probably a mix. the early ones probaly saw what was coming and got the gently caress out. the rest are either bailing or being told to bail.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/930199620436840448

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

HappyHippo posted:

Yeah but it's not like they need to ask permission to run a write in campaign.

It would kind of help since they need to get every Republican they can on board if its to have any chance of succeeding, including the need to have an actual write in candidate who must be from Alabama. In spite of all the assumptions including by me, Luther Strange still hasn't said hes actually going to try for it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

evilweasel posted:

lol republicans are moving too fast on the tax bill to cook the books

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/930196292592193537

(dynamic scoring means imaginary new revenues from the economic boom unleashed by tax cuts)

"Budget anal"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

lol republicans are moving too fast on the tax bill to cook the books

(dynamic scoring means imaginary new revenues from the economic boom unleashed by tax cuts)

Revenue for the government? How the hell would that work, the generosity of megacorporations?

^^^
:v:

e- That's an honest question. Is the idea put forth here: an economic boom will help fill government needs somehow? If so, HOW?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 13, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably a mix. the early ones probaly saw what was coming and got the gently caress out. the rest are either bailing or being told to bail.

Yeah, once McConnell flipped there probably started to be lunches and beer outings involving "maybe we shouldn't support the teenfucker"

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Oh my god it'll be so lame but also hilarious if it really turns out that the entire time Russia was trying REALLY HARD OVER AND OVER to get the Trump family to conspire directly with them, to the point that they're surrounded by Russians having infiltrated their organization and getting regular voicemails but all they ever really get is blank stares because none of them can quite figure out what is going on or what they should do.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Your Taint posted:

"Budget anal"

if you're slow and careful it can work quite well

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

"Budget anal"

That's really something you want to splurge on :dukedog:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Was Don Jr so starved for ideas that he took suggestions from WikiLeak?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

farraday posted:

It would kind of help since they need to get every Republican they can on board if its to have any chance of succeeding, including the need to have an actual write in candidate who must be from Alabama. In spite of all the assumptions including by me, Luther Strange still hasn't said hes actually going to try for it.

if i were him i wouldnt, he has no chance and will just piss off a sizable chunk of alabama republicans he'll need to run for anything in alabama again

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Old Assange tweet that corroborates it was specifically him and not an intern or something speaking to Jr.

https://twitter.com/julianassange/status/884853347815235584

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

Was Don Jr so starved for ideas that he took suggestions from WikiLeak?

I'm frankly not certain Don Jr has ever had an idea.

Phoix posted:

Old Assange tweet that corroborates it was specifically him and not an intern or something speaking to Jr.

:stare:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh hey, just signing a girl's sophomore high school yearbook because I'm making the reasonable assumption that she's 20 years old.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Ogmius815 posted:

It might split votes with Moore, or the write in might just win. Whether or not vote-splitting occurs, potentially opening up a path for Jones to win, depends I think mostly on how hard Moore continues to push his campaign. If Moore goes full scorched earth, refusing to drop out and actively campaigning against Strange/Sessions/whoever, then I think Jones has a chance. If Moore suspends his campaign or runs more mildly I think the write in would probably win.

they cant afford any split voting. you never get 100% writing in strange or 100% voting moore. the best chance the republicans have is to ignore this and let alabama vote for the (R)

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Phoix posted:

let's all take a moment to reminisce on this golden tweet

https://twitter.com/jysexton/status/884798748152483840?lang=en

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dixiecrat cum Republican Tricky Dick Shelby. He's a traditional southern conservative, anti abortion and immigrant, pro flat tax, but not insane evangelical.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/930200103993954304

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

dbukalski posted:

they cant afford any split voting. you never get 100% writing in strange or 100% voting moore. the best chance the republicans have is to ignore this and let alabama vote for the (R)

You're assuming they'd rather have Moore over the Democrat, that's not entirely clear right now

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This has been a crazy week. At least it's Friday.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Phoix posted:

This is hilariously pissy if that was the end of their correspondence.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Murkowski won a write in campaign

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Despera posted:

Murkowski won a write in campaign

the democrats basically supported her, that's not happening here

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Jeff Sessions would win a write in campaign.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/930193256553566215?s=17

Nocartax
Feb 12, 2016

Oh, this is bad, this is really bad! You work, and you slave, and you steal just enough for a sweet lick of that shiny brass ring.

Don't I get a lick?

Doesn't Gil get a lick?!
Moore is just doing what he does best: working hard to put the D next to the Alabama junior Senator

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Boy I wish.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Ague Proof posted:

He must have done this to dozens of teenage girls.

Being right feels good. The defenders in the Russia thread must be moving the goalposts as we speak.

there is likely worse out there. u donts top at stripping a 14 year old to her underwear and making her touch u through your underwear.

right now the foundation is being laid. a week before the election we will have a press release where

1) roy moore had intercourse with 14 year old
2) after he was married
3) recently enough to be charged

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Jeff Sessions would win a write in campaign.

moore's strong supporters probably wouldn't all covert without orders from moore

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

If he googled 'senate expulsion' he'd find out either house of congress needs 2/3 member decision to expel someone.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

We're not that lucky, Newt.:allears:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It's really something that Donald Trump may not even be the stupidest Donald Trump.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
Is Alabama a state where you have to spell the name of the write-in exactly.

In that case, what % of people in Alabama can correctly spell Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mango sentinel posted:

cum Republican

A+++ username

• Locked thread