Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Now that it is hard to find these days, I'd say the price is relatively worth it. I really dig the High West whiskeys and bourbons. That said, I'm with you - there are really a ton of good cheap bourbons now compared to a few years ago.

Weird, I haven’t noticed availability change here, but PA is weird as gently caress. My problem with the fancier bourbons is that they tend to be too smooth. I want some bite to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like beer and wine!!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I like beer and wine!!!

Hell yeah, same friend.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like beer and wine!!!

Hell, same. I like to drink just about everything except Sambuco, Malort, and Ouzo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I love getting people to try malort.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I like beer and wine!!!

Same, and rum.

Rum is the best.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I love getting people to try fernet

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Tried Canadian Club the other day, how refreshing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I like beer and wine!!!

A Cool And Good opinion right here

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't drink.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You must be thirsty as gently caress. Get this man a cup of water.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Get thee some of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Osborne-Magno-Solera-Reserva-Brandy/dp/B00AEMPJ0K

It's fukken rad. Used like 3 bottles in my batch of egg nog this year and it's lit af.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

I love getting people to try fernet

Looking it up I think I'd appreciate it

What's the worst spirit you guys have ever had? My vote goes to Pitú - it's Brazilian cachaça, a fermented sugar cane spirit with a repulsive and neverending aftertaste

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 14, 2017

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Jesus, Rossie just binned and absolutely destroyed his bike. Wow, dunno how he's ok?

Ah he's walking off, seems fine.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

What's the worst spirit you guys have ever had? My vote goes to Pitú - it's Brazilian cachaça, a fermented sugar cane spirit with a repulsive and neverending aftertaste

Baijiu. Chinese liquor that smells like a dirty sock and tastes much the same.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

wicka posted:

I used to work with some people who had spent time working in Georgia (the Caucasus republic, not the state). We were chatting at a party and they were telling stories about Georgian wine (pretty good, apparently) and Georgian bootleg liquor (noxious and foul). They hadn’t tried baijiu yet though, so I popped over to the corner store to pick some up. Not even the really crappy stuff, either, I got Kinmen, which is promoted as this great product and is apparently one of the better ones. Now, admittedly, I got Kinmen 58 instead of 38, and anything that’s 116 proof is going to taste pretty vile, but they all agreed it was worse than Georgian bootleg poo poo.

Baijiu is awful.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

George Dickel is the best cheapo whiskey in the US imo (and like Jack, it's a Tennessee whiskey, not a bourbon)

I bought some yesterday. I haven't had it since the 1990s because it's limited distribution in Australia means it's normally over $50. Anyway, it was on sale for $42 so I tried it. Not bad, but not worth $42.
Drinking jamesons right now for a paltry $38.

I wish I could start up my moonshine still and beer brewing again, but too much trouble

I did anyway, beer is too detectable as temp control needed, but there's 2x 5kg sugar, 20L wash moonshine washes running in the shed as of today - gently caress paying this much for liquor

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only good heir is Piero Ferrari, what a good lad.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Bernie Says Dont Drink And Drive

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dubs posted:

Bernie Says Dont Drink And Drive

Drink and post instead.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

I got top-3 drunk on that one night in Beijing and it did not feel good at all. Too much of that and you start hallucinating.

The Japanese equivalent is Strong Zero. I can’t stand chuhais, I’ll take beers instead.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I haven't been keeping up with the thread and have 10000 unread posts in this thread. Forgive me if these have been beaten to death:

1. Verstappen trying to be cool guy funny team radio man is incredibly cringe-inducing
2. The irony of Renault's PU issues after the McLaren announcement is hilarious
3. It's a shame that Fernando is in such a crap car
4. I still don't like Hamilton

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Pirate Radar posted:

I used to work with some people who had spent time working in Georgia (the Caucasus republic, not the state). We were chatting at a party and they were telling stories about Georgian wine (pretty good, apparently) and Georgian bootleg liquor (noxious and foul). They hadn’t tried baijiu yet though, so I popped over to the corner store to pick some up. Not even the really crappy stuff, either, I got Kinmen, which is promoted as this great product and is apparently one of the better ones. Now, admittedly, I got Kinmen 58 instead of 38, and anything that’s 116 proof is going to taste pretty vile, but they all agreed it was worse than Georgian bootleg poo poo.

Baijiu is awful.

The more you know: Georgia is the literal birthplace of wine, so they're pretty good at it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

dreesemonkey posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the thread and have 10000 unread posts in this thread. Forgive me if these have been beaten to death:

1. Verstappen trying to be cool guy funny team radio man is incredibly cringe-inducing
Correct

quote:

Correct

quote:

The car seems to be pretty good, shame about the engine. Getting Renault power in there should improve competitiveness even if it doesn't improve reliability

quote:

That's ok. F1 fandom should always be based on who you hate rather than who you like

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I think the renaults blowing up happened roughly the same time that said in a presser that they were going to start using 'magic' qually modes. They could be trying to get way too much out of the MGU-H and blowing it up as a result.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don’t think reliability will be a real problem for Renault next year. It is their biggest development priority in the offseason and it’s clearly impacting Toro Rosso far more than the other teams. I don’t think they were off-base when they suggested TR was partially at fault for their issues. And even if it’s just because they’re getting the shittiest replacement parts, well, Red Bull will be in that position next year, not McLaren.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Red Bull should just ask for extra parts from their engine supplier Tag Heuer and give them to Toro Rosso. Should bypass the Renault problem imho

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The whole reliability thing is being blown out of proportion. They genuinely hosed up in Mexico and had already wrapped up production of this year's engine so they were robbing old spec parts from the shelf. Red Bull has an equality guarantee with Renault's own works team so ofcourse Toro Rosso are going to get the worst parts of everyone m

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Red Bull should just ask for extra parts from their engine supplier Tag Heuer and give them to Toro Rosso. Should bypass the Renault problem imho

Proof of what dumbshit frauds they are at Red Bull that they didn't already do this.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I forgot #5:

5. I'm not sure how people don't like Ricciardo. He's a good driver and I can't recall any whining from him at any point about anything. Hopefully he goes to Mercedes or Ferrari.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

dreesemonkey posted:

I forgot #5:

5. I'm not sure how people don't like Ricciardo. He's a good driver and I can't recall any whining from him at any point about anything. Hopefully he goes to Mercedes or Ferrari.

As far as I know the only person in this thread who actively dislikes Dan is Brainwrong. Ricciardo really could do with getting out of the Red Bull system as soon as he can.

I'm expecting Red Bull to be closer to Ferrari and Mercedes next year, they seem to have spent half the season adapting to not having trick suspension anymore and that really delayed their development. It affected them the most because they really relied on it to stabilise their absurd rake.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
awaiting for my friend track day bro! review of last race

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

That just seems to be his demeanor.
Don't get me wrong, gently caress frogboy forever and ever, but he just seems to be that guy.

dreesemonkey posted:

If you weren't paying attention to Jololyon Palmer', Max Verstappen' and Toro Rosso's engine failures (Dan had more than a few in practice or quali too) throughout the season you would've missed the part where Renault is only barely doing better than Honda and it might entirely be down to numbers.

dreesemonkey posted:

:hfive:

dreesemonkey posted:

Noone here "likes" Lewis. He's just better than a return to the Vettelreich, let alone a Vettelreich where people actually like the team he's driving for.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 14, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

awaiting for my friend track day bro! review of last race

holy poo poo, good call op. almost forgot about that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Real depressing year for Italy lads. Just heard about the world cup thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Real depressing year for Italy lads. Just heard about the world cup thing.

Great year for everyone else!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Great year for everyone else!

Yeah trump is working out real well lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah trump is working out real well lol

Sports wise, you doof.

Adbot