Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

If yall want all these CS:GO features so much, then just go play CS:GO.
Otherwise, improve your game.

This should be so obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Section Z posted:

The reminder that you show up on the radar even by walking leaves me even further confused at how walking instead of sprinting around alleys seems to lead to me catching the seemingly psychic x10 killstreak players off guard when trying to sprint flank them would result in 360 no scopes that would stuff me in a locker and steal my lunch money. If I'm walking and I show up on the radar, shouldn't that give them twice the warning then.

Though the habit was as much of that is because my old time in Hawken taught me that "Walk makes you not show up on Radar" was a thousand times more valuable than my literal cloaking device.

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the answer. So I've finally started using it now that I'm beginning to get a meager collection of purples for all my spacemans.

The fact the even "Quantity" filter in game gives absolutely zero gently caress is just :cripes:

"How many Tone Patrols do I have? Three! Across two pages and with a minimum of 15 other items between them!"

"How many 265 power Be Thy Name armbands do I have? Five, across three pages. But at least two of them are next to eachother despite having different blue mods?"

Also thanks for the MIDA tip. I was planning on finally doing the MIDA and Strum quests after the next powerful bump.

EDIT: Entirely frivolous complaints. Why can't I spin my Guardian on the character select screen? :colbert:

Because if you're sprinting it takes time to ready your gun, so they're getting their third headshot on you by the time you sight in.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

DXH posted:

Looking back twenty years later, it's not the best writing in a Bungie game (I would argue the pre-mission journal excerpts from Myth TFL do a better job of expressing the bleak fatalism of a low-fantasy world than their inspiration, the Black Company books) but it works well within the context of a 2.5d Doom clone.

Myth never gets enough love.

Even with the things about D2 that are kinda crappy I can still see the same love for details that were previous Bungie games. I think a big mistake they made in Destiny was going for a savior story in an MMOish game. It's goofy how we hear everyone slobber all over your guardian and talk about how special you are when we are constantly grouping with other identical guardians who have their light. If they had started with a story anchored in a shared experience that might've pushed them towards something more interesting.

The whole 'the Light!!' Jedi religious stuff is also kinda boring except for the fringe hints that we are all bastard space zombies. That also hurts the story since warlock zealot lady is tedious leaving us just 'wacky' Caede and straight man lieutenant Daniels.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Lmao synthoceps are amazing in pvp you just bop people from miles away. I would give up an exotic weapon if I could get skullfort & ceps at the same time. NEVER STOP THE BOP.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

xutech posted:

Is there an Australian heavy clan for destiny 2?

Nah there just isn't enough of us to make it worthwhile. Just join one of the clans in the first post and add me (coma#6145) if you want to do nightfalls or if I can get enough interesting give the raid a go.

Join some of the discord channels too!

comatose fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 14, 2017

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Lmao synthoceps are amazing in pvp you just bop people from miles away. I would give up an exotic weapon if I could get skullfort & ceps at the same time. NEVER STOP THE BOP.

definitely same, or synthos with the boots that make you zap people if you punch them. also for bonus synthocep love, if you colour em in with a shader that has a planet name in it the veins glow neon. i decided to paint them with one of the edz shaders i had heaps of so they would fit in to the colour of my dead orbit gear and nearly poo poo myself when the veins turned neon green, it's sick.

is there a real breakdown of what stats are good? i keep thinking about sorting out what armour i want to use ultimately but i get a headache trying to keep track of which armours do what lmao

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

quite stretched out posted:

definitely same, or synthos with the boots that make you zap people if you punch them. also for bonus synthocep love, if you colour em in with a shader that has a planet name in it the veins glow neon. i decided to paint them with one of the edz shaders i had heaps of so they would fit in to the colour of my dead orbit gear and nearly poo poo myself when the veins turned neon green, it's sick.

is there a real breakdown of what stats are good? i keep thinking about sorting out what armour i want to use ultimately but i get a headache trying to keep track of which armours do what lmao

Pretty much as much recovery as you can then resistance then as low mobility. I'm at 1/8/6 on my titan because I can't get a drat recovery titan mark mod.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

Stack recovery and any resilience over 4 has diminished rates of return. Mobility isn't great in pve, but helps you strafe faster, which is nice in crucible, though how much that helps on PC is more of a subjective thing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
even walking reveals you on the radar?

what the gently caress

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Pretty much as much recovery as you can then resistance then as low mobility. I'm at 1/8/6 on my titan because I can't get a drat recovery titan mark mod.

Not every mod is available for every slot as far as I know. There's this spreadsheet, which I'm not sure is up to date, but it checks out with the mods I've got.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Stack recovery and any resilience over 4 has diminished rates of return. Mobility isn't great in pve, but helps you strafe faster, which is nice in crucible, though how much that helps on PC is more of a subjective thing.

Recovery at 10 means it takes 2(!!!) seconds for your health to start recovering. Unfortunately only Warlocks can achieve this and Titans can only hit 9 while Hunters can only hit 6.

But yeah, the only real important breakpoint is 4 Resilience, where you can survive a high impact Scout Rifle hitting you with 3 Headshots and 1 Bodyshot or a mid-high Scout Rifle hitting you with 4 Headshots.

6 Resilience lets you survive mid impact Handcannons from killing you in 1 Headshot and 3 Bodyshots.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Having low Recovery does feel pretty crippling in PvP. If I make an alt, I'm all over Warlock simply because of that. The difference between low and high like is a few seconds but it feels like an eternity.

I'd be more inclined to run Mobility if it affected sprint speed. Although I think I'll mess around with a high Mobility loadout at some point just to get a good feel for how much of an advantage the strafing can possibly give.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Not every mod is available for every slot as far as I know. There's this spreadsheet, which I'm not sure is up to date, but it checks out with the mods I've got.

Oh welp. Good link ty. In other news Critical Sass is so awful in pvp I swear I'm hitting guys with every round and it takes half their hp off.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 14, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
RNJesus :negative: posting.

Okay, so. Not including the few I've turned to scrap for being wildly outdated, or used to update my lucky break purple mod arms.

My Warlock has...

7 Legendary helmets, and 1 exotic.
3 Legendary arms (now 2), and one exotic.
3 Legendary pants, and one exotic.
10 Legendary Armbands. Five of them being Be Thy Cipher (Which looks nice, but come on).

Zero Legendary or Exotic shirts.

Is my :rolldice: really just THAT terrible, as I crack open yet another Tone Patrol from my Engrams? At what point should I start wondering if something screwy is going on rather than just bad luck?

My Warlock at this point has more playtime than my Hunter and Titan combined, as well as having more purple armor bits owned than my Hunter and Warclock combined… But my Hunter and Warlock at least have a purple or exotic to fill out every slot with, wowie zowie.

Further souring the mood is this goddamned power scaling creeping me into being WEAKER rather than stronger at semi regular intervals now. "Oh great, my 269 Skyburner now doesn't quite kill Strike mission legionaries in two headshots today, like it was able to less than 12 hours ago. No I don't need a fourth 265 Call To Serve and a second Philomath helmet" Which is odd because I was two-shotting them just fine in my last playsession, and haven't gotten anything better than 265 duplicates or 262 blues I was getting then too.

I mean sure I'll feed my millionth call to serve to my favorite little exotic to bump it's power by a whole +1. But the fact I see these dips in effectiveness in basic content due to bizzaro scaling at all is just, ugh.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 14, 2017

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Best source of purple gear this week is the Faction Rally. There's a bug right now where you can farm the same Lost Sector by leaving out the back and turning around. It's how I got my Hunter and Warlock most of the way to raid-ready in like an hour.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Eej posted:

6 Resilience lets you survive mid impact Handcannons from killing you in 1 Headshot and 3 Bodyshots.

This is really important on PC when you graduate from scrub tier matchmaking.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Section Z posted:

At what point should I start wondering if something screwy is going on rather than just bad luck?

You are now a full-fledged Guardian.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

cvnvcnv posted:

Hold it, hoooold it.

*opens his very first duplicate Exotic* (And yet another Widow's Bite from a Legendary)

NOW I'm a full-fledged guardian. Almost, now I have a 272 Skyburner's Oath to go with my 270. I don't think it counts if your dupe exotic is an upgrade of one you like.

I'm blowing all of my bright dust on the Red Legion skin for it. This little guy has earned it.

EDIT: Skyburner, buddy. I bought you a painjob. Please let me doubletap legion in strike missions again :saddowns: Headshots leaving an enemy with a sliver of health is bullshit in all video games.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 14, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Pomp posted:

even walking reveals you on the radar?

what the gently caress

Yep its a motion tracker.

People need to learn not to panic when it's filled red.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

anybody wanna do the raid? me and a buddy want to but need more ppl

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

anybody wanna do the raid? me and a buddy want to but need more ppl

My clan is me and three friends and we want to start doing Leviathan. It's called Moon Bacon I think, my bnet is DongQuixote#1565

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

MMF Freeway posted:

So is there an actual pro destiny pvp scene? Any tournaments I can google? I'd actually be interested in seeing what some high level strats would look like but somehow I doubt its gotten much traction in that area.

yeah, just make a custom game and you'll be at the forefront of destiny 2's esports

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Frog Act posted:

My clan is me and three friends and we want to start doing Leviathan. It's called Moon Bacon I think, my bnet is DongQuixote#1565

Paging my good friend BONGQUIXOTE to the thread.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^

Frog Act posted:

Wait, so we have a BongQuixote and a DongQuixote??

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s very important we introduce the two and make CERTAIN they become very good friends.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
raiding was fun even if we only got through 1.5 events, cheers all

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Jeza posted:

Having low Recovery does feel pretty crippling in PvP. If I make an alt, I'm all over Warlock simply because of that. The difference between low and high like is a few seconds but it feels like an eternity.

I'd be more inclined to run Mobility if it affected sprint speed. Although I think I'll mess around with a high Mobility loadout at some point just to get a good feel for how much of an advantage the strafing can possibly give.

my second character is already a warlock, and i think the main reason id use it in pvp is because the ults seem like the most useful for it. void bomb is like a bonus big grenade/area denial plus you have devour, dawnblade seems functionally the same as the hammer one for titans (ie a trap i assume?) and people spraying lightning at me has only ever been terrifying when i've seen it, whereas the other two titan ones are both only really useful if you get a good flank because running towards someone is really just a good way to die

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Wait, so we have a BongQuixote and a DongQuixote??

Go ahead and stick the Tag Team championship belts on these dudes, hot drat.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I didn't see the appeal of charge melee skills or arc titan...

Then I bought Skullfort.

Hot drat this is fun.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Holy gently caress I feel like PvP has taken a major nosedive in the past few days. I used to be able to hop into a quickplay and have fun random vs. random matches. Now it feels like I'm running into nothing but loving premades in at least 75% of my games. Its gotten to the point where the first thing I do is check clan tags, and if it's 2+ the same on the other team and my team is a scattershot I just quit out. I hate doing it but getting farmed is just not fun.

I think I might just give up random PvP games during the week after work and only queue on weekends when I can set aside time for a goon group. I loving hate when games don't filter premades out from solo queues.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"gently caress it, I'll open my Crucible powerful engram early so I can spend some of my 120+ Crucible tokens on the desperate search for literally any purple shirt"

Powerful Crucible shirt. Who cares if it's Mobility focused, I finally have a goddamned shirt that isn't a 260-262 blue. Oh right I got a new exotic too. What was it?

cvnvcnv posted:

Fighting Lions. Can't even be mad because hey it's my first item to break 280.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Section Z posted:

"gently caress it, I'll open my Crucible powerful engram early so I can spend some of my 120+ Crucible tokens on the desperate search for literally any purple shirt"

Powerful Crucible shirt. Who cares if it's Mobility focused, I finally have a goddamned shirt that isn't a 260-262 blue. Oh right I got a new exotic too. What was it?

On the upside, milestones are refreshing in about an hour and a half, so you should get a decent number of items you can use to bump your light level.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Section Z posted:

Sucks pancake titties now but I get a strong sense it's gonna be really good in the future.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It’s very important we introduce the two and make CERTAIN they become very good friends.

And then they adopted a child and he became a gamer and loved classic retro games. PongQuixote

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Any tips on leveling alts? I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and the glide is really a step down from double jump imo. Which glide should I use?

Also I saw a screenshot of Zavala making a Hamilton (the musical) reference, does anyone know where that's from?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Schneider Heim posted:

Any tips on leveling alts? I'm leveling a Warlock right now, and the glide is really a step down from double jump imo. Which glide should I use?

Whichever glide has the most lift. I absolutely loathe jumping with my warlock.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Warlock jump is the best.
1. Select the one with midair directional control
2. You can press space mid glide to drop down
3. Dont take blink, its bullshit. People say its good in pvp but i never seen anyone use it for any kind of success. In any case there is no need to subject yourself to it in PVE
4. If you are still struggling just jump instead of running when you travel through planets, youll get the feel of how it works

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
So do the raid keys still disappear at weekly reset or not? Hearing conflicting reports from everybody I talk to. Went ahead and finished the chests I had anyway.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

novamute posted:

So do the raid keys still disappear at weekly reset or not? Hearing conflicting reports from everybody I talk to. Went ahead and finished the chests I had anyway.

They don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Jumping Tier List

S Tier:
Hunter

A Tier:
Titan

F- Tier: