Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
why are there 4 ships per ult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

why are there 4 ships per ult

Level 25 talent

L25 dota2 is a hilariously beautiful clusterfuck ATM.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Level 25 talent

L25 dota2 is a hilariously beautiful clusterfuck ATM.

A WHOLE THREE HUNDRED GOLD ON TRACK KILLS? :aaaaa:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

A WHOLE THREE HUNDRED GOLD ON TRACK KILLS? :aaaaa:

Almost better than 6 treants

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Venge getting finger of death at 25 is a pretty good one

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/928398214662782976

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sounds like "matches no longer keep log of every change made, which caused games to start falling part at 20+ minutes"

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Has anyone else experienced this: a like 1 second pause mid match when your screen seems to freeze coinciding with a large frame drop (down to zero) and a large packet drop. It happens to me like every loving game at some point or another causing me to miss CS or worse mistime poo poo in a team fight. It's happened to me across multiple configuration (rebuilt the computer several times now) and across different network connections. At this point I'm sitting with 20 average ping and 1080X, SSD, and 4.2ghz quad-core, so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end. Yet every time I talk about it people deny that it has ever happened to them.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

SweetBro posted:

Has anyone else experienced this: a like 1 second pause mid match when your screen seems to freeze coinciding with a large frame drop (down to zero) and a large packet drop. It happens to me like every loving game at some point or another causing me to miss CS or worse mistime poo poo in a team fight. It's happened to me across multiple configuration (rebuilt the computer several times now) and across different network connections. At this point I'm sitting with 20 average ping and 1080X, SSD, and 4.2ghz quad-core, so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end. Yet every time I talk about it people deny that it has ever happened to them.

Get a gsync monitor lol

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Is that seriously it?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Yep

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

SweetBro posted:

Is that seriously it?

No, that guy's full of poo poo.

It sounds like some node between you and Valve's servers is dropping packets, you can run WinMTR to figure the specific point. Bitch at your internet provider.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Reality Winner posted:

Venge getting finger of death at 25 is a pretty good one

Do people pick that over a bkb-piercing stun?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Don't need BKB piercing stuns if the enemy is too stupid to buy a BKB
:smugwizard:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I uninstalled the game, the patch is bad and the game is bad as well

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Back to Warcraft 3 then.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wangsbig posted:

Off to battlerite or whatever you go then

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Wangsbig posted:

you sound a bit... invested :smugdog:

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

ban milky moor

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Patch is good but I have no mechanical skill at all so I doubt ill ever play again

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
New treasure has a refreshing number of actually good parts

Timbersaw, Shadow Demon, and Spirit Breaker's sets are all legit good, aristocrat Spectre is neat besides making her weird head wisp actual hair, Phoenix has a nice Ra head, and Omniknight's set is excessively WoW but the wings are neat

WD keeping the tradition of giving every hero a ridiculous wig strong

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Back to Warcraft 3 then.

Do people still play it there?

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elman posted:

Do people still play it there?

in CN they do

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As well as in South Korea.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wangsbig posted:

Welcome, Brother

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Patch is cool and good. If anything the game needs more dance taunts: Undying / Lion dancing around you is mad disrespect.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tiny might actually have to get nerfed, the 1/1/4 treads/sny/shadowblade/ac build is crazy. try it today

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

No thanks.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

The patch seems to be good. Pit lord is still the sleeper pick that wins every game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
yo has valve said anything about ever re-releasing exclusive items? I'd like to someday get that one water terrain or some poo poo or anything besides default and monkey king terrain

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Wish they would revert the courier change. Greedy dickhead supports not buying wards + courier is my new least favourite meme as a guy who likes to play offlaners and is currently buying all the support poo poo constantly despite the offlane being back to being much harder now that lane creeps are worth more, and so the enemy carry tends to hit harder than previous patches.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Everyone ready for Dota Prime landing this week?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Reports actually do stuff again all the sudden. I got no notifications for like probably 6+ months and now I'm getting like 3 a day back.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TOOT BOOT posted:

Reports actually do stuff again all the sudden. I got no notifications for like probably 6+ months and now I'm getting like 3 a day back.

Maybe I should report people again, even though it's meaningless because it's like a 24 hour ban

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Dizz posted:

Maybe I should report people again, even though it's meaningless because it's like a 24 hour ban

IT's LP, and if they're a serial oval office it can be 5-8 games. winning that many games f LP can take a long time for someone who isn't a poopsocker.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Joke's on you because LP games are consistently better

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.esportstales.com/dota-2/playerbase-declining-707-effect-and-source-2

Confirms what we all basically suspected anyway: the bulk of players that have left the game over the past few years have mostly been from western Europe and the US. Poorer regions unaffected or even growing.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
According to the article the primary reasons are:
1. lack of grinding and incentives to play (that aren't locked behind a battle pass paywall)
2. veterans are growing up and have less time to play, and they're not willing to spend a bunch of time relearning mechanics anymore. They want to be able to just jump in and play.
3. non-existent social system

Which sounds about right. Valve did try to address 1 and 2 with ranked seasons and turbo, but completely forgot about the social aspect after porting to Source 2.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont know about all of the article's points, but I can deffo say I'd be playing more dotes with a free battle pass, especially if custom games somehow contributed.

The battle pass always looks appealing, but I feel that it often has the same issue as excessively grindy time-limited events; you've already missed X amount of days/months into the event, why buy it up now when there's no guarantee you'll get everything? Better wait til next pass, and then you never notice the pass changing, 20 goto 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If Dota actually introduced awards that could clearly be worked towards and were awarded in an expected away I'd imagine player numbers would go up dramatically in the casual market. When you play LoL as a casual you feel like you're earning things as you go along, when you play Dota as a casual very rarely you will randomly get an arm piece for a hero you probably don't play.