Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Can't say I'm surprised about the hollow knight delay. Glad I played it on PC and will def grab it once it makes its way to switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dark Souls felt right to me when it was running at a stable 30. I almost always prefer 60fps in anything but it felt wrong when I was playing with the 60fps hack.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How does cross play work with rocket league (if anyone knows?). How do you team up with pc and/or xbone players?

I wonder what happens if you do cross play with one of the Switch exclusive cars.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp uh. I started up Golf Story after playing a good chunk of Odyssey.

Tutorial is fuckin' cute af. And the setup to the start of the story is fun. gently caress you mom/loved one, I GOT GOLF TO DO

And then I was told I can tee up anywhere. I promptly hit a switch and then drove a ball into a shirtless guy's crotch. That's also how you talk to people apparently? Fuckin' nice.

As they say, "Sucked in!".

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dark Souls felt right to me when it was running at a stable 30. I almost always prefer 60fps in anything but it felt wrong when I was playing with the 60fps hack.

I wonder what happens if you do cross play with one of the Switch exclusive cars.

Really? I loved it, though the physics got a little wonky and they had to include a toggle to mitigate issues in like two areas

Also exclusive cars don't show in cross platform play to other players, prob gets replaced by a stock car

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Brekelefuw posted:

Are the prices for digital versions of games the same as the physical copies?

Yes. Which is why I still buy physical games for the discount from Amazon Prime (or Best Buy if you're on GCU).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m betting they either get updates that add those cars or people playing on Switch just show up as generic car X. Hopefully it’s the former.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

SeANMcBAY posted:

Gamespot posted:

Unfortunately, like other platform-exclusive vehicles, these won't be seen by players on other systems, Psyonix confirmed with GameSpot. When playing against someone using these cars, Xbox One and PC players will see either Octane (for Mario/Luigi) or Breakout (for Samus).

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I got Uno and boy do I have OPINIONS.

I was going to write a blog post about it, because apparently nobody else has. The game is not made well. It's Uno, though, so it's still fun. The Xbox 360 version remains the definitive video game Uno.

Pure, unprocessed thoughts:

nobody will read this posted:

Good:
Uno is fun
Portable
I like the music
You can exit and resume multi round games

Bad:

Technical:
The Ubisoft logo in the beginning does not animate smoothly
When played, the card goes under the stack, then pops up

Stylistic:
When playing with progressive penalties, stacking a card is a different button than the normal "play card" button, even though you're playing a card.
Action card animations take too long, and are often redundant. (Draw two icon pops up, then a "+2" pops up)
The "Uno" voice clashes with the laid back music. The Xbox 360 version got it right by playing a sound that suggested the word, but did not say it.
The "emote" menu isn't clear about which stick to click to bring it up. There is no "L" or "R", and the icon visually suggests it's the lower right stick (it isn't).
Choosing a color on a wild should be a two step action. (Hold a direction, press button to confirm)
What is with the color order on the color picker?
Let me use the d pad.
Why can I choose cards that aren't eligible for play?
Why can I draw a card when I have an eligible one?
Why isn't the optimal card preselected?
Why does it save so often?
Why is the save icon a floppy disk?
Why can't I skip the house rule tip screen? I picked the rules. I understand them.
Rumbles too often in too many contexts. Loses meaning. I like the small nudge when it's my turn.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RZA Encryption posted:

I was going to write a blog post about it, because apparently nobody else has. The game is not made well. It's Uno, though, so it's still fun. The Xbox 360 version remains the definitive video game Uno.

As someone who might've bought this, I appreciate your rundown here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Hollow Knight Switch bumped back to 2018. :(

Boooooo
Not cool

I've been holding off grabbing this because I wanted the Switch version.

Might be a Steam Xmas sale pickup at this point.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As someone who might've bought this, I appreciate your rundown here.

Cool, but to be clear I still enjoy it. Ubisoft just obviously did not put their top tier team on it. I can get used to everything except the dang card being placed in the middle of the stack and popping to the top. Hopefully they patch it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody seems to care about this release, including Ubisoft. Their website for the game only lists the PS4 and XBO versions.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

Cool, but to be clear I still enjoy it. Ubisoft just obviously did not put their top tier team on it. I can get used to everything except the dang card being placed in the middle of the stack and popping to the top. Hopefully they patch it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody seems to care about this release, including Ubisoft. Their website for the game only lists the PS4 and XBO versions.
Your post made me look up reviews about Ubisoft's attempt at Monopoly on the Switch. It sounds like my SNES version runs better than this iteration.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RZA Encryption posted:

Is Uno actually a fun game? I thought people only played it on 360 to flash dick pics.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Uno actually a fun game? I thought people only played it on 360 to flash dick pics.

Uno Rush was better :colbert:

I just learned that ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove is coming out for the Switch. I am super pumped for this :toot:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can't speak for everyone, but I love Uno. Fun to play at a table while chatting with friends, or while falling asleep with the Xbox 360 media remote.

The switch one is good for the toilet.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I play Uno with my family a lot when we go on vacation. Its a decent enough game; easy rules to grasp that allow for some skill but also enough luck that everyone mostly feels like they can win.

But I really think everyone just enjoys the satisfaction of being allowed to gently caress over the other players.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I picked up that One Piece game and am enjoying it! Thanks, whoever answered that question a bunch of pages ago!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Is there a way to play Overcooked with 4 people without everyone yelling at each other?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is there a way to play Overcooked with 4 people without everyone yelling at each other?

Duct tape

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Strawberry Panda posted:

Decide roles ahead of time and have people just call out what they need.

And also feel like a moron when your 3.5 year old nephew calls out what you all need to do next while the 4 adults playing are overlooking it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

poo poo, I thought that was the point?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

:lol: no

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey so Cat Quest is pretty fun. It's very lightweight, but the combat feels great. It's a good choice to pick up and play for an hour, just enough to power through a few sidequests and gain a few levels at a time.

I wouldn't really compare it to Fantasy Life (a comparison made earlier itt). The combat plays more like an early Mana game or maybe Ever Oasis. Lots of dodging in and out of enemy attack range, casting spells / debuffs, and chewing through a bunch of monsters with different attack speeds / patterns.

The quests are entirely forgettable (of the 'go here, fight thing' variety) but the writing isn't terrible and progress is super fast. The loot is mostly randomized, in that completed quests or opened treasure gives you a random piece of equipment from a number of different sets. If you already own the piece, it gets automatically upgraded instead.

Probably worth the 13 bucks, and the portability of the Switch makes it the best platform for the game (compared to PC / PS4).

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
What if Nintendo was trying to normalize the detached joy con motion control set up to prepare us for a Mario Galaxy 2 port?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Oh and I finally watched the XC2 direct and I can't wait to play my anime bullshit game with incomprehensibly arcane combat. Definitely keeping my special edition preorder.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Picked up odyssey a few days ago and there's a noticeable lack of.ghosts so far.

Though I did like starfish cloaca world

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Reality Winner posted:

Picked up odyssey a few days ago and there's a noticeable lack of.ghosts so far.

Though I did like starfish cloaca world

Yeah if we get DLC (i kinda doubt it because Nintendo's been consistent about doing season passes for stuff lately) I want a spooky ghost world and an Isle Delfino world. It's weird how many throwbacks there are to old special stages (like grabbing a bunch of coins after riding a beanstalk above the clouds etc) but zero Ghost Houses

edit: and I just said this in the Imp Zone Odyssey thread but I would also happily buy DLC that just added a bunch more Koopa Freerunning challenges (and preferably player ghosts for the leaderboards) . It's a testament to how much overflowing joy there is in Odyssey that there are a bunch of little mechanics that I'd happily play an entire game built around , like the Freerunning or the little pokey nose birds

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 14, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I had a lot of people poo poo on me for saying Rocket League looked bad so I'm back to say

It still looks bad.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Be careful not to cut yourself on those jaggies.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like a N64 game...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
60fps by any means necessary.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

DaveKap posted:

I had a lot of people poo poo on me for saying Rocket League looked bad so I'm back to say

It still looks bad.

I’m honestly pretty shocked at how bad this looks. Mario and Zelda look amazing with a lot more going on so didn’t think Rocket League would end up looking so awful.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

How does it play?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

InFlames235 posted:

I’m honestly pretty shocked at how bad this looks. Mario and Zelda look amazing with a lot more going on so didn’t think Rocket League would end up looking so awful.

Mario and Zelda don't get played online...

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
That can't be a real screenshot can it?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DaveKap posted:

It still looks bad.

How does it looks this bad? This is especially lovely coming off of Doom which has no business looking as good as it does. :psyduck:

edit: I mean, I'm imagining it scaled down to fit on the Switch screen and it's not as bad but still.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 14, 2017

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

thexerox123 posted:

Mario and Zelda don't get played online...
wtf does this have to do with anything? lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DaveKap posted:

It still looks bad.

Why does it look so bad there’s only one room and a few cars lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm watching gameplay footage right now and it doesn't look nearly as bad. Is this undocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DaveKap posted:

It still looks bad.

I thought at first this was a picture of a garbage toaster PC then I saw the X prompt in the corner :psypop:

• Locked thread