Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mithross posted:

Why not pull on VII banner 1 I thought. I'd love Red's USB and my synergy isn't great. The only real duds would be a dupe Sephiroth OSB or Shelke's weird and super lovely SSB.

2/11 Seph OSB and Shelke SSB
i'm not too familiar with it but I'm told AoE dispel is real useful to have on hand for certain fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The uses for Shelke's SSB are rather few and far between. Sure when it actually is relevant it will be baller but... the tricky part is when. It's a bracer with 31 ATK though so it's a really nice stat stick.

In other news I just discovered that Elena's grenade actually has a custom animation of being a grenade for basic attacks. I love the little details in this game when they bother to add them.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Nihilarian posted:

i'm not too familiar with it but I'm told AoE dispel is real useful to have on hand for certain fights

If I didn't already have Hope's BSB2 it would have filled that rare but useful niche, yes.

So I guess it isn't super lovely, just weird and mostly useless. I exaggerated, but I was annoyed.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Hey everyone, use my Shadow BSB for Shinra 100 shenanigans and also post your Shadows too

5wNM

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Get up to 94 guys killed, going strong on tools still available and the game crashes. Go back in and it starts at the beginning of the fight.
You gotta be loving kidding me.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
9YxW for my Shadow BSB.

Shadow with Ultra Cross Slash is hilarious.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Sesq posted:

I feel like I'm going to go insane grinding this for Dark Orbs over the course of ten days.

Dark Orbs though, so an acceptable compromise.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

mYya for my Shadow BSB

I have done this twice now....I don't think I'm going to do it more. It's easy but holy jesus is it unfun and boring.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
To get my Raging Storm, Smoldering Fire, and Icicle Shot to R3, it was going to take like 4h/day of just farming this thing.

gently caress this!

Of course now I have no idea what to do with my stamina, because I don't need fire, earth, black, or Power orbs right now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

To get my Raging Storm, Smoldering Fire, and Icicle Shot to R3, it was going to take like 4h/day of just farming this thing.

gently caress this!

Of course now I have no idea what to do with my stamina, because I don't need fire, earth, black, or Power orbs right now.

There's always EXP daily.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

GreenBuckanneer posted:

mYya for my Shadow BSB

I have done this twice now....I don't think I'm going to do it more. It's easy but holy jesus is it unfun and boring.

Yeah, the first few times it's fun to try and optimize your time, and then you realize the optimal strategy is "spam AOE dark abilities and try and time your BSB entry for the single enemies" and grinding for Dark Orbs stops sounding quite as fun. I still might do it a bit though, because it's Dark Orbs.

edit: Another positive thing about Shinra's Finest: if you drew Seymour's BSB at some point, you finally have a reason to use it.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 14, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

mYya for my Shadow BSB

I think the only thing that would make me actually farm this as much as I "should" would be if you could rearrange burst commands so you could auto the AOE CMD2s

You can't though, so I will not farm nearly as many MDOs as I could actually use.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's always EXP daily.

Yeah, guess I may as well get the Z team to 99.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

In other news I just discovered that Elena's grenade actually has a custom animation of being a grenade for basic attacks. I love the little details in this game when they bother to add them.
finally, a weapon animation worthy of Refia BSB

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
So how do you get the other 34 Soldiers from the Shinra event :downsrim:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Adel posted:

So how do you get the other 34 Soldiers

hello are you a time traveler from 1997

this is not gamefaqs

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Adel posted:

So how do you get the other 34 Soldiers from the Shinra event :downsrim:

Random drop from the fight, slightly less common than record materia.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

you need to recruit aeris in the fourth disc first

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

More shadow BSB goodness: B3gU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Guess I'll throw my Shadow BSB out there as well:

Q3Nf

And this is my usual RW, so it'll probably stay Shadow even after this shinra thing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I managed 1m14s my first shot at it but I could definitely do better. Throwing your best AoE bursts at the thing works wonders. Minwu, Maria, and Ward all instagibbed waves for most of the fight.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Is it just me or is the Shinra's Finest encounter hitching at times? I'm not finding it hard to deal with...but when the game stutters every time a group of enemies dies or I use a BSB, I wonder if I'm playing on the original PS1. Load times and all that.

As for my time, I could probably do even better than ~30 seconds but I'll have to search for more BSBs with both AoE entries and commands in my roster. Right now I'm running with Luneth/Seymour/Raines/Shadow/Curilla.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 14, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Reno's grenades also do this so it's not that custom, but it is a nice touch.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

Is it just me or is the Shinra's Finest encounter hitching at times? I'm not finding it hard to deal with...but when the game stutters every time a group of enemies dies or I use a BSB, I wonder if I'm playing on the original PS1. Load times and all that.

As for my time, I could probably do even better than ~30 seconds but I'll have to search for more BSBs with both AoE entries and commands in my roster. Right now I'm running with Luneth/Seymour/Raines/Shadow/Curilla.

Yeah it has some serious lag issues for me as well. It's pretty annoying.

My best time so far it 27.91. I've been using Sephiroth with his BSB2, Shadow with his BSB, Cloud with his USB and flashing blade/quake strike, Cid Raines with his BSB, and OK with his BSB plus Meteor and Ruinga. I usually RW a Cloud USB to use on Shadow and Sephiroth near the end.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yet another Shadow BSB: 79YY

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

NGDBSS posted:

Everyone's gonna love Orlandeau USB. :gibs:

I have not found a phone or emulator that can play that animation without stuttering, I think even DeNA's official movie for it has a stutter (in a completely different place/length than my experiences, so it's definitely not intentional).

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Interesting thing I found out: If you get a double ability proc and the first use wipes out a wave then the second use will hit the next wave. And if you get a second proc the third use can wipe out the third wave. :getin:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
My RW is always Shadow BSB

H9Ea

I also have dark boost armor on him FWIW :black101:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have shadow's bsb although he's not leveled up super high or anything, what's this event that makes it so useful?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Someone figure out a combo of equips/rms/whatever that you can autobattle this sub 1. I think that's the only way to get dark orbs and stay sane.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

i have shadow's bsb although he's not leveled up super high or anything, what's this event that makes it so useful?

The Shinra gauntlet event that started last night.

Shadow BSB will get you tons of hits every day even outside this event. It's one of the most useful overall RWs in a ton of situations. I highly recommend getting him to 99 and putting him up as your RW.

He's also just a good character. His Legend Dive is totally worth it even if you don't have any of his relics just for the doublecast ninja abilities.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

It's an instant cast AoE with a fast-cast AoE command. Most people use it from an RW summon to easily chew through 2 stages of a daily dungeon.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

The Shinra gauntlet event that started last night.

Shadow BSB will get you tons of hits every day even outside this event. It's one of the most useful overall RWs in a ton of situations. I highly recommend getting him to 99 and putting him up as your RW.

He's also just a good character. His Legend Dive is totally worth it even if you don't have any of his relics just for the doublecast ninja abilities.

i know about his legend dive but i never do anything that earns me 5* motes so it's kind of a moot point. i knew his bsb was a good dungeon clearer but i thought there was something specific about this event that made it special

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Shadow is... good?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Finally got my first Sub-30 last night. The victim was Bismarck, using characters I've been debating about full diving and now I guess I won't... yet. Shantotto and Lightning combined using USBs and a CSB to take it down in 29.07. Props to Rosa and Rikku USBs and their support work. The 5th was Ramza as a battery/1 time insta-cast.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

i know about his legend dive but i never do anything that earns me 5* motes so it's kind of a moot point. i knew his bsb was a good dungeon clearer but i thought there was something specific about this event that made it special

Ninja Speed AoE C2 with everything in the entire guantlet being dark weak. He'll delete waves by himself with 0 effort and put out good damage against the bosses.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
More Shadow is good talk, I swapped him in for Fujin (w/BSB) for the Golem magicite and shaved like 10 seconds off my time. I can't imagine sub-30 being a reality with what I have now, but it's nice to not worry about a stun or two screwing up your run.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Although it's worth noting that everything in the gauntlet is only 10% weak to dark (and same with lightning for those things that are lightning weak), so it's not worth breaking your back trying to bring dark stuff along as the weakness is so minimal and you don't earn any gauge from hitting weaknesses.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

ewFR, Shadowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Crystal Tower banner is no good, right? I'm itching to pull.

• Locked thread