Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
You can put marksman on kiss? Heck yeah. Make the BS 10 work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pidgin Englishman posted:

You can put marksman on kiss? Heck yeah. Make the BS 10 work.

I-it's not like I have 6 better drones that could use the supportware or anything...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Slap up Overclock for that B2 spunk gun in aro!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Participated in my first ever small 300pt tourney this weekend and man this game is hardcore

After a month of irregular various-points play, I can barely keep track of my own rules (tiger soldier has mimetism and should not be that easy to kill) and now I get that for a proper play I should check my opponent at every step and know his rules too. Even seasoned players here misunderstand a lot of rules, especially not very common ones. Like, for example, after I shut down opponents Magister Knights link with a hacker, they should have gone Extremely Impetuous and lose their partial cover - except my opponent forgot about it, and I learnt about it only the next day.
Also turns out that in various infinity videos on youtube, the mistakes are wayy too common, like firing surprise shots in reaction. Every game is a house rules game.
It helps a lot to have a spectator with a tablet/phone to check FAQ and provide an opinion - even if they are not a warcor/referee/veteran player. During tourney, of course, it is difficult to arrange.

Yet the most difficult part of Infinity for me is deployment: with variable missions and terrain, I think it would take eternity for me to learn where to put my Hsien so he would not get merked turn 1 and still be useful.

Nevertheless, even after a series of shameful losses. I enjoy the game a lot and even if I fall out of play, the minis are great and I am interested in at least three factions for them alone.

stupid observation - Ariadna use claymore mines on their blackjacks and actual claymores in caledonian forces :thunk:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Heh, welcome to Infinity.

With the rules thing, there are some interactions that are easy to forget - the Impetuous in a link is a perfect example. Another common one is people trying to mix Regular and Irregular troops in the same Coordinated Order, which is a no-go. Or forgetting the -3 in FtF rolls against Suppressive Fire. At some level, it's up to the player of the force to know this, but if you have the courtesy list, sometimes it's worth taking a few extra moments to familiarize yourself with your opponent's order pool and troop composition (at least for what's on the courtesy list - which is very likely a sheet full of lies if you're playing against Haqqislam, or a blank piece of paper if you're playing against Shasvastii). Still, familiarity helps.

Also, one helpful tip I've found is that if you make a mistake, don't go back. Especially if it's a mistake that hurts you. The more painful the lesson is, the more likely you are to remember it. If that -3 from Mimetism was the difference between your Tiger Soldier living and dying, the next time you put one on the table, you'll remember it.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Ilor posted:

Heh, welcome to Infinity.

With the rules thing, there are some interactions that are easy to forget - the Impetuous in a link is a perfect example. Another common one is people trying to mix Regular and Irregular troops in the same Coordinated Order, which is a no-go. Or forgetting the -3 in FtF rolls against Suppressive Fire. At some level, it's up to the player of the force to know this, but if you have the courtesy list, sometimes it's worth taking a few extra moments to familiarize yourself with your opponent's order pool and troop composition (at least for what's on the courtesy list - which is very likely a sheet full of lies if you're playing against Haqqislam, or a blank piece of paper if you're playing against Shasvastii). Still, familiarity helps.

Also, one helpful tip I've found is that if you make a mistake, don't go back. Especially if it's a mistake that hurts you. The more painful the lesson is, the more likely you are to remember it. If that -3 from Mimetism was the difference between your Tiger Soldier living and dying, the next time you put one on the table, you'll remember it.

Yeah, absolutely limit the take backsies on your own end. It will clean up your play and it's better sportsmanship.

It will take a very long time to get there. I play a lot and I still miss 2-3 things a game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just built my Avatar, gently caress me this guy is chunky.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Oh yeah? Pics?

Its shipped earlier than I thought it would, loverly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vacCQaLj7mM&feature=youtu.be
Szally

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 16, 2017

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

This is probably the best looking TAG in the entire line.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Wow. :eyepop:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it is insanely loving good.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Nomads and CA are killing it at Paradiso Fashion Week this year

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Treason should be nomads allying with ca as the ultimate gently caress you to aleph and we can have all the Dino tags

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Why not? CA is a benevolent overlord.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Just release Tunguska already CB. Come. On.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Just release Tunguska already CB. Come. On.

Seconded. Been low key collecting for over a year now xD

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I can't get over how loving cool the new Szalamandra is. I want it so bad and it's making my Yu Jing very jealous.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

also those on the fence, Aristeia is amazingly good.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Flipswitch posted:

Agreed. It's got some strong flavor of xwing around it while still feeling like it's a proper minis game

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Did you guys play with the plastic or metal models?

If plastic, how do they hold up compared to the usual standard?

If metal, are they using the new assembly stuff from the Outrage box?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

Did you guys play with the plastic or metal models?

If plastic, how do they hold up compared to the usual standard?

If metal, are they using the new assembly stuff from the Outrage box?
-Plastics. Really great quality for board games, not CB usual standard but that's fair enough considering they are PVC board game plastics. That said, perfectly paintable.

Metals are using new style, yes.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Flipswitch posted:

I just got my copy and kinda told my wife its my kid's christmas present to me and now she won't let me open it till christmas :negative:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

I just got my copy and kinda told my wife its my kid's christmas present to me and now she won't let me open it till christmas :negative:
loving lmao. Well done.

You got something to look forward to. I think if given half the chance Aristeia can really take off. I might write up a review for it.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

loving lmao. Well done.

You got something to look forward to. I think if given half the chance Aristeia can really take off. I might write up a review for it.

Please do. I have so many games already that I haven't played (some of which have been revised multiple times since I bought into them....) that I didn't pick it up. Let me know why I should commit myself to Yet Another Game, so I can feed my addiction.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Because comrade flip said it was a good idea

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Flipswitch posted:

I’d be interested! Would be curious to see how it compares to Shadespire. I have no idea if they’re even similar, only guessing by the preview images!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Flipswitch posted:

Because comrade flip said it was a good idea

I would really like to like this, but I really hate the pose. It looks like its about to fall on its rear end.

I'll continue using my proxies

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 18, 2017

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

I would really like to like this, but I really hate the pose. It looks like its about to fall on its rear end
Speaking from experience with the spitfire Gwailo, it's gonna fall on its face instead. Many, many times. Regardless of whether you want it to or not.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Here is a good deal on the corregidor box.
http://www.thewarstore.com/Corvus-Belli-Infinity-Corregidor-Jurisdictional-Command-300-Pt-Pack-BOX-LIMITED-RELEASE.html

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah that's, like, wholesale price.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Playing me Tohaa tonight vs some Ariadna, printing their lists makes my eyes go a bit funny but I think the list is A-okay:

Stupid Sexy Salads
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 2
NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 48)
SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
KOSUIL Engineer Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
KERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 1 Surda SymbioBeast / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
SURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 8)
IGAO Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2 3 1
JÄGER Submachine Gun + E/Mitter / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0.5 | 18)
KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)
KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Probs gonna come up against VZ, so hoping my Kaauri can deter him a bit.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

No hacker?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

DJ Dizzy posted:

No hacker?

It has a couple Nullifiers, right?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Yeah, watch out for that deadly Ariadna hacking.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yeah, watch out for that deadly Ariadna hacking.

Oh. Right. Missed that. :shobon:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
It's not the deadly Ariadnan hacking that gets tohaa, it's the highly classified with 3 faceup hacking objectives.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Show of Force was the mission so no classifieds. Ended on an exact tie. We bludgeoned each other data trackers to death and both got to the obj.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Where are my muyibs already?!

• Locked thread