Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Say Nothing posted:

E: This power is more useful than it seems. Being bitchslapped by a giant clam would ruin anyone's day.

I can imagine he eats the weirdest and most exotic stuff all day just so he can pull something crazy in a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What happens if he drinks a meal replacement shake

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What happens if he eats a person?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Push El Burrito posted:

Define eat in this context.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Push El Burrito posted:

Well, he beat a spiky crystal guy by eating one of his crystals and stealing his power.
His hand is also a giant chicken foot (KFC for lunch).

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Eating healthy must be doubly hard on that guy because it's not like spinach or broccoli is helpful in a fight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rough Lobster posted:

Eating healthy must be doubly hard on that guy because it's not like spinach or broccoli is helpful in a fight.

Tell that to Popeye.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Push El Burrito posted:

Tell that to Popeye.

Popeye was juicing

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Does anybody have the panels from the Injustice 2 comics where Alfred very nearly saves the world by talking Ra's & Batman to the point of sitting down and discussing a plan to save the world from the catastrophes that Ra's thinks are coming, before Blue Beetle fucks everything up?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rough Lobster posted:

I'm not going to post any more pictures, but he seems to live on seafood, because giant crab claws and tentacles are useful in fights.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
If he eats broccoli he would get the power to photosynthesize, which would allow him to eat the actual sun, which would in turn allow him to become the sun. Checkmate.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It'd be more likely it would give him the ability to make various poisons and weird potions and such within him, depending on the plants. But that would be loving dangerous if it didn't come with immunity to said poisons.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Again, just lol at people trying to convince that manga other than Golden Kamui and that one part of Vinland Saga are cool.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Again, just lol at people trying to convince that manga other than Golden Kamui and that one part of Vinland Saga are cool.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for proving the point.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wow, this guy is awesome! I can't believe how awesome he is! Here's another reason why he's awesome! Here's another! Wow, just look at him!

(Pictured: Man walking slowly walking, bored people watching)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that's a recycled Undertaker intro.

(I've only watched like one episode of wrestling ever, please do not tear me apart for my lackluster WWE knowledge, BSS)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a recycled Undertaker intro.

(I've only watched like one episode of wrestling ever, please do not tear me apart for my lackluster WWE knowledge, BSS)

"Man walking slowly" is a pretty succinct encapsulation of most Undertaker entrances, expert for that period where he came to the ring on a motorcycle with an American flag and Limp Bizkit blasting.

poo poo was.. weird after 9/11.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I mean, if it's not blindingly obvious from the gloves and ring, this is a boxing intro, of which there are many similar to this in real life. So, uh, yeah, I guess I forgot that this is the internet and liking things is awful and lame, but I guarantee if it was Ghost Rider entering the Grandmaster's coliseum to that intro, people would be falling all over themselves to tell me how :black101: it is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Well, yeah, you're comparing a guy walking into a boxing ring to a guy with a flaming skull riding a fire motorcycle into a space arena.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I mean, if it's not blindingly obvious from the gloves and ring, this is a boxing intro, of which there are many similar to this in real life. So, uh, yeah, I guess I forgot that this is the internet and liking things is awful and lame, but I guarantee if it was Ghost Rider entering the Grandmaster's coliseum to that intro, people would be falling all over themselves to tell me how :black101: it is.

No, it's just a poo poo panel. Nothing interesting is happening in it. We haven't been provided with any context other than some announcer telling us that he's supposed to be super crazy strong instead of us being shown in any way. It being like a real boxing or WWF intro isn't relevant, intros like those aren't noteworthy in and of themselves. Just because a tough guy is doing a thing doesn't make it badass.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Compared to most of BSS I'm basically a huge weeb but yeah that's not particularly cool right there. I have to assume at some point after stepping into the ring he does something more badass than that? Why not post those panels.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Toshimo posted:

If I bought a Ghost Rider comic and it had a full page panel with lots of speech bubbles talking about is great at killing evil people with flaming chain whips, but the panel itself was just Ghost Rider slowly walking somewhere, I would be furious.

Like, at that point why even make a comic book? Why not just write a story?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Toshimo posted:

you hosed up, just move on

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, at least try to remember that Lone Wolf & Cub exists.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I mean, at least try to remember that Lone Wolf & Cub exists.

It’s soooooooo good.

So good. Crazy that one comic can redeem an entire country. .

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jordan7hm posted:

It’s soooooooo good.

So good. Crazy that one comic can redeem an entire country. .

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ariong posted:

If I bought a Ghost Rider comic and it had a full page panel with lots of speech bubbles talking about is great at killing evil people with flaming chain whips, but the panel itself was just Ghost Rider slowly walking somewhere, I would be furious.

Like, at that point why even make a comic book? Why not just write a story?

It's kind of the problem with Japanese comic storytelling in general. How do we know a guy is strong? Another character says he is strong, well that and he graduated from Navy seals at age 16. There's a lot of telling and not showing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Scaramouche posted:

It's kind of the problem with Japanese comic storytelling in general. How do we know a guy is strong? Another character says he is strong, well that and he graduated from Navy seals at age 16. There's a lot of telling and not showing.

To be fair, this is this guy's entrance to his 3rd match as an antagonist of the series. He's been repeatedly shown to be every inch the badass motherfucker the announcer is making him out to be in every appearance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Manga, more like badga.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Manga, more like badga.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

To be fair, this is this guy's entrance to his 3rd match as an antagonist of the series. He's been repeatedly shown to be every inch the badass motherfucker the announcer is making him out to be in every appearance.

context is important kids. Someone post some Hellsing for me.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Toshimo posted:

Hajime No Ippo has tons of badass panels, sadly without context they're only "Dude punches other dude REALLY hard".

The easiest to show would be Ippo's one punch KO, which is only two full page panels, but in context that storyline was actually pretty bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Herr Tog posted:

context is important kids.

In that case, I'll post this since I recently read the series Berserk because it had been so highly recommended. Like an idiot I didn't realize it wasn't complete yet so now I'm stuck waiting for it to update.

Maybe these pages only work if you've read the roughly 30,000 pages that precede it but I thought it was one of the more badass moments I've read in a comic series, especially in a series like Berserk which seems primarily concerned with ultra-violence or uses graphic sex for shock value, which are the least interesting parts of the series in my view.

For context: A boy called Rickert discovers that the man he idolized did something abominably horrible, and not only got away with it but has been rewarded with near unlimited power as a result. He is forced to flee from his comfortable "retirement" in the countryside as the only safe place in the world is in the kingdom this man - Griffith - now rules as a messianic figure worshiped like a God on Earth. When he arrives in the capital city it is made very clear to him that this place is a paradise but that it is a thin veil over the absolute control Griffith holds over everybody and nobody will accept any questioning of his rule. Everybody is shown to be happy and content and that Griffith being their ruler is a good thing, all without knowledge of the horrible things he has done to set up this situation in the first place. Griffith feels no guilt for what he has done, accepts no responsibility, and does not care at all about a single person who considers him their savior.

Rickert finally meets him face-to-face for the first time since learning the truth, after having immense pressure put on him to not make any fuss or bother, and the implied threat that if he does they will punish the young girl who is under his care. He is alone, surrounded by near legendary soldiers all completely loyal to Griffith, all who are watching him intently:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 15, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing like several paragraphs of explanation to make things cool.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

First welll I am sorry you read Berserk but at least Gatsu got off that loving boat.

Second sadly I feel like these panels need even more context as to what the hill of swords is/are and what GRIFFITH-u's dream is.

Also now when I hear or see Rickert all I think of is this loving guy:

Additionally for clarification: so does rickert have Griffith surrounded or the other way around?

And finally where is the Hellsing I ordered? Do y'all serve that here?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Herr Tog posted:

Additionally for clarification: so does rickert have Griffith surrounded or the other way around?

Oops, corrected sorry.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nothing like several paragraphs of explanation to make things cool.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Oops, corrected sorry.

Okay now the kid got cahones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Toshimo posted:

then why didnt you post those panels instead of that one