Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

probably yeah but using valkyrie and not dying is always better than dying with valkyrie so i just tend to use it liberally unless the fights are already won

Not really. If you die with valkyrie you still have it ready to pop next teamfight. You can't be certain popping valkyrie will let you survive and even if you do survive, you've still wasted the ult. Just take the potential death and pop valkyrie when you're not going to run and hide so you can actually use it and push onwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Delete mercy from the game imo

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Delete Junkrat too while you're at it and suddenly we have a fun balanced game

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

At what time do patches normally get pushed?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dynamite Dog posted:

At what time do patches normally get pushed?

11am pacific which i think works out to 2pm eastern

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Thoughtless posted:

Delete Junkrat everyone too while you're at it and suddenly we have a fun balanced game

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Replace all the characters with training bots in their outfits.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Honestly i just think Valkyrie looks like poo poo and nothing makes me remember that I'm playing a videogame quite like someone no-clipping around like that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Honestly i just think Valkyrie looks like poo poo and nothing makes me remember that I'm playing a videogame quite like someone no-clipping around like that.

Sorry about your immersion

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't know Valkyrie let Mercy pass through walls while t-posing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I didn't know Valkyrie let Mercy pass through walls while t-posing.

I feel like turning her into Jesus would have the opposite effect

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ignite Memories posted:

The no clipping is so dumb, sorry top500 McCree who spent hours upon hours refining your aim practice, i'm gonna no clip around your character and solo you while laughing about how dumb this is.

(This happened yesterday and prompted the guy to go "WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" in all chat)

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Mercy is still a better character than snipers in a brawl game, such a travesty that newbie FPS developers fall into.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dogstile posted:

The no clipping is so dumb, sorry top500 McCree who spent hours upon hours refining your aim practice, i'm gonna no clip around your character and solo you while laughing about how dumb this is.

(This happened yesterday and prompted the guy to go "WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" in all chat)

once I got out dueled by a valkyrie mercy as soldier while I was ulting and sitting on my healing station. had to laugh

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

Thoughtless posted:

Delete Mercy, JR, and widow, all 2cp maps, ban everyone, rerelease the game as OW2.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Just put soldier 76 only mode back in arcade

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Manatee Cannon posted:

once I got out dueled by a valkyrie mercy as soldier while I was ulting and sitting on my healing station. had to laugh

How did this happen? The ulting part especially-- I've actually started sitting on my ult as Soldier specifically to counter Valkyrie. The enemy Mercy tends to ult to start a big push and she'll commonly try to fly high and rely on being out of LOS/erratic movement for defense and Tac Visor becomes essentially a flyswatter (and using an ult to kill a mercy and trade for her ult is a really good deal, generally).

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Valk movement feels terrible to me, yeah. Like I’m moving a spectator cam or something. Then you ping pong around with GA and it also feels wrong. OP and fun are different things.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Blue Caboose posted:

How did this happen? The ulting part especially-- I've actually started sitting on my ult as Soldier specifically to counter Valkyrie. The enemy Mercy tends to ult to start a big push and she'll commonly try to fly high and rely on being out of LOS/erratic movement for defense and Tac Visor becomes essentially a flyswatter (and using an ult to kill a mercy and trade for her ult is a really good deal, generally).

Maybe he was standing still and engaging at long range? Mercy's gun can put out a surprising amount of damage if every one of those slow projectiles hits, especially if she's ulted. And unlike Soldier, she doesn't suffer damage falloff at long ranges and doesn't have headshots turned off when she ults. It seems plausible that she could beat him in a straight-up damage race, assuming perfect accuracy. Of course, that's a big assumption to make, since an ulting Soldier has a hitscan aimbot while Mercy has to manually aim some fairly sluggish projectiles.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Flying around with Valkyrie is one my favourite things to do in the game.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Why does Mercy even have a gun? What happened to “do no harm” Dr. Ziegler? Are you even a real doctor?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Liar Lyre posted:

Why does Mercy even have a gun? What happened to “do no harm” Dr. Ziegler? Are you even a real doctor?

Quiet you; Mercy and Pilot D.Va's guns are the best guns in the game. Filling the screen with plasma shots is the best. :colbert:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Cephas posted:

Quiet you; Mercy and Pilot D.Va's guns are the best guns in the game. Filling the screen with plasma shots is the best. :colbert:
I unironically love playing de-mech'd D.Va. For whatever reason, the projectile speed and rate of fire just clicks with me and I feel like I land more shots with her than I do with Soldier or McCree.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Blue Caboose posted:

headshots probably, she actually does out damage you if she doesn't miss (200 dps to 171) and she was close enough that the projectile travel time wasn't a factor. my helix rocket was on cooldown as well because I'd just killed someone (that the mercy then res'd after killing me. the ultimate insult to injury). I might not have been at full health but I don't think I was low either? and I could have flubbed dropping the healing station and ulting at the same time

she just had good aim I guess

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Sometimes when I play this game I wonder why all the robot characters have heads that house all the critical machinery and thus take extra damage.

I mean humans have an excuse, robots don't.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Thoughtless posted:

Sometimes when I play this game I wonder why all the robot characters have heads that house all the critical machinery and thus take extra damage.

Yeah Zenyatta should just look like the death star

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thoughtless posted:

also why do robots have souls and how does Ana put them to sleep

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Nihilarian posted:

also why do robots have souls and how does Ana put them to sleep

The existence of souls in Overwatch was patched out a while back, to better line up with the canonical explanation that in the Overwatch universe nobody actually has a soul and god doesn't exist.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Armacham posted:

Yeah Zenyatta should just look like the death star

https://lovingoblins.tumblr.com/post/146610981844/reverse-zenyatta-6-tiny-robots-circling-around-a

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

The existence of souls in Overwatch was patched out a while back, to better line up with the canonical explanation that in the Overwatch universe nobody actually has a soul and god doesn't exist.
heroes never die

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well poo poo, no Moira release today then? I haven't been home to check.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

Well poo poo, no Moira release today then? I haven't been home to check.
Apparently not.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thoughtless posted:

There's a way you can delete both mercy and junkrat

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I don’t know what it is, but I’ve rebooted my PlayStation, my router, everything. Can’t stay connected to a game. Sorry QP teammates :(.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
1) isnt there a patch to enable the weekend free play?
2) I usually save Valkrie until we are pushing the point then i go up to the rafters and heal/boost the team and hope that the enemy don't aim for me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I use valk as an engage tool and spend all of my time wiggling in and out of cover next to a corner. The enemy can hit you, so they'll shoot at you, but they can't kill you because your dumb rear end hp regen keeps you alive.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Santheb posted:

I don’t know what it is, but I’ve rebooted my PlayStation, my router, everything. Can’t stay connected to a game. Sorry QP teammates :(.

On phone, but the technical support forum has a big "EU PS4 servers have been acting up for days " thread

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Two Owls posted:

On phone, but the technical support forum has a big "EU PS4 servers have been acting up for days " thread

Yeah, lost about 50 SR to that, probably cost me a placement match or two as well.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

i think the only thing the mercy nerfs will do is make it so she'll only use rez when ulting...so her old ult but worse. her mobility is what's actually enjoyable about her playstyle so it's like they're nerfing fun at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
they're actually hugely buffing fun because getting a pick and then having mercy just undo it is the absolute worst most unfun loving thing in this game's entire lifespan