Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also I downloaded that a while ago and now I don't know whether to play a girl (the usual) or a guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why do I keep avoiding to do binges of new season shows despite having all the time and desire I need to do so?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I'm catching up on Inuyashiki, having fallen off of it for a couple weeks for one reason or another, and they did something interesting: In ep 4, they actually portray the Yakuza, by name, and not just "a certain group of honorable gentlemen" or however it's usually done. They also portray them in the worst possible light, which is something that, for one reason or another, anime/manga/game authors quite frequently play coy about.

I mean, I'm sure the "We'll burn down your studio, your house and your dog" types of threats haven't happened explicitly in some time (since even back in 2007-8 comedy shows like Seto no Hanayome and Hayate no Gotoku were making jokes about it), but there seems to be a certain reluctance not to let sleeping dogs lie, somewhere in the production chain.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

Also I downloaded that a while ago and now I don't know whether to play a girl (the usual) or a guy

Personal preference of course, but for some reason, Fate/ is the one series that I see as always being better when the MC is female rather than male.

DisDisDis posted:

This is unacceptable

So, the previous statement being said, it's time to dress up as rin

Alternatively, if you go male, dress as Lancer

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

Personal preference of course, but for some reason, Fate/ is the one series that I see as always being better when the MC is female rather than male.

Counterpoint: Prototype's characters are less interesting than Stay Night's.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
otoh the best episode of fate/zero far and away was the one where rin saved her friends from an insane serial killer

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Man, saw the first episode of Just Because and it is extremely my kind of thing. I hope it stays as good (from a plot and atmosphere perspective, at least, as I can deal with SOME animation crappiness).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Colonel posted:

otoh the best episode of fate/zero far and away was the one where rin saved her friends from an insane serial killer

Hey, Ryuunosuke was perfectly sane. He just knew what kind of story he was in. :colbert:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the ep where the kids exploded violently was better

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I really liked Kirigitsu's backstory and the part where Iskander goes to a Borders bookstore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I liked the one where Saber, Gil, and Iskander had a few brewskis together.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i didn't like that one because it basically just turned into gil and iskander calling saber an idiot

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

They're right.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it was weird after reading an entire vn where gilgamesh was portrayed as a crazy murder stalker

i guess that was kind of just my general dislike with fate/zero coming into it after reading f/sn though. all the stuff with saber was hitting the same nail i'd just seen finish getting hammered

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 13, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's kinda dumb that the entire Saber arc across two series hinges on no one telling her 'hey, it turned out alright in the end, erasing yourself from existence would probably have made things worse'.

The whole 'pfft, real kings don't give a poo poo about other people' angle was pretty lol too.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Fangz posted:

It's kinda dumb that the entire Saber arc across two series hinges on no one telling her 'hey, it turned out alright in the end, erasing yourself from existence would probably have made things worse'.

Yeah...that whole "Britain is going to be destroyed because of me" crap was annoying. I thought you came into the world with knowledge of the general state of the world

quote:

The whole 'pfft, real kings don't give a poo poo about other people' angle was pretty lol too.

Yeah, but name the vice-king of those kingdoms without looking it up :smug:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

When it comes to Fate/Zero, I increasingly find myself thinking the biggest drag on it was the need to lead into the events of F/SN.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fangz posted:

It's worth noting that Lancelot and Gawain both think that Arturia was a great king and blame themselves for what went wrong.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:same:

https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/929889966813007872

Except for when i do.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well, that would make it not a same

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

motherfuckin gdgd is returning with a mens version and please somebody sub the movie

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Anyone else still watching Imouto Sae Ireba Ii? Leaving it in Japanese since the English title is even more embarrassing.

I can't say it's a -good- show, and there's way too much problematic poo poo in there for me to ever recommend it to anyone who I don't 100% know is as garbage as I am, but poo poo, it's way better than I expected it to be. When it isn't doing sexual harassment gags and it's just dealing with light novel/anime stuff or mundane real world poo poo and the characters are just sitting around playing games, drinking, and chatting about interesting stuff, it is really entertaining. I haven't seen many Cute Girls Doing Cute Things shows, but between this, Shirobako, and that new MMO show this season (Not to compare any of them to Imouto), I guess my preferred genre is becoming Adults Doing Regular Things (That They Love.) Any recommendations in that genre would be rad, if more exist.

Also, the card game they played last episode (Cat and Chocolate) is one I've played before in Japan and it's a blast, so it was a treat to see it in the show.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

A good episode of Konohana Kitan.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 13, 2017

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Anyone else still watching Imouto Sae Ireba Ii? Leaving it in Japanese since the English title is even more embarrassing.

Yep still watching it and enjoying it.
Revised description: Slice-of-life comedy with mainly young adults, centered primarily on their common relation to light novel publishing. Main features are having parties talking about various beers and playing party games, traveling to interesting places, and dips into conflicts related to LN authoring/publishing. And then several of the characters each have their own unhealthy obsession with something, often causing sexual harassment situations of some sort.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today's ep of osomatsu is my favorite of s2 so far, the second half had a lot of bizarre stretchy animation and a sense of surrealism which are two things that generally make for my favorite eps between this and the big race episode from s1. also just, lots of really cool framing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Colonel posted:

today's ep of osomatsu is my favorite of s2 so far, the second half had a lot of bizarre stretchy animation and a sense of surrealism which are two things that generally make for my favorite eps between this and the big race episode from s1. also just, lots of really cool framing

all matsus are good boys

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i've discovered that blend s is bad actually

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

why

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Isn't FLCL season 2 and OPM season 2 due to air next year?
FLCL 2 already exists, it's called Space Patrol Luluco

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

the gray haired one still hasn't been introduced

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also it presents its employee employer relationship fully sincerely and no one makes any jokes aobut it being skeevy which is immensely weird

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

DisDisDis posted:

the gray haired one catmouth one still hasn't been introduced

Futaba Anzu posted:

also it presents its employee employer relationship fully sincerely and no one makes any jokes aobut it being skeevy which is immensely weird

even if he were like 17 it would be creepy, but what is he? like 22?

It's a shame because I enjoy pretty much every other character

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
They make a decent number of jokes about sending him to jail for sexual harassment or w/e but the whole thing is just super unfunny and takes up a huge chunk of the air time

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rangpur posted:

I considered the original FLCL to have about as final an ending as you can get without wiping out the entire cast, but gently caress it, why not? 2017's been a strange year.

Thankfully, they seem to be leaving the original's story alone. As far as they're concerned, it's a complete story. The only things that carry over are the art style, the Pillows, Haruko, and the robot.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DisDisDis posted:

They make a decent number of jokes about sending him to jail for sexual harassment or w/e but the whole thing is just super unfunny and takes up a huge chunk of the air time

those jokes are isolated from whenever their dating gets brought up, it's just bizarre.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
*leaning back in theater seat with XL popcorn* they're 26 and 16 years old, everyone

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
blend sage gap

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Space Flower posted:

*leaning back in theater seat with XL popcorn* they're 26 and 16 years old, everyone

oh, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/animeseiyu/status/930394287795089409

Amanchu sequel!!!

• Locked thread