Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

What kind of gun is that?

Looks like one of these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

JB50 posted:

Looks like one of these:

Doesn't even look remotely similar other than both being gun shaped

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

spankmeister posted:

It looks like the slide only comes half way down the gun, like on a .22

Its just weird looking, and the picture quality, or lack there of, doesnt help.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
It kinda looks like some type of 1911. Those have the solid trigger, but that hammer is odd and the barrel is shorter. There are just too many guns models.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

JB50 posted:

Looks like one of these:

Going from my deep trove of gun-lore I see that it is shaped like a big L or maybe a little r, making it a Glock.

If it was one of those k-shaped guns it would be an AK-47.

Those are the only two guns

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Reminds me of this sheriff's deputy I ran across a few years back. Had a good conversation about proper carry techniques with his supervisor after I called the non-emergency number to report this unsafe carry.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Is this as dumb as I think it looks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoJxaz3VtuE

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

So Math posted:

Wow. That was a waste of a few minutes of my life. Lol

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

So Math posted:

For the first one, they twist the wire so much it breaks off - won't it pop open pretty easily since the part that was twisted together isn't there anymore?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

So Math posted:

First part was fine until he cranked on the drill until the length of twisted wire (where a joint like that gets strength from) was busted off. The left over pieces were like two little wire hooks holding each other's hands and will pop off each other pretty quickly.

Second bit: holesaws are a thing, and not expensive. Congratulations on re-inventing the wheel with considerable effort and probably spending more on angle grinder discs to sharpen the bolts than you would on a holesaw. Holesaws also won't rattle loose while you're using them and fly across the room, and also also have a proper hex or triangular-faced bit to stay inside the drill's chuck.

Third part. Get a hammer and a leather punch and don't literally set fire to the piece you're working with. Same tool used to cut cardboard - um, drill bits still exist, right? I'd have to check.

Overall: dumb.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spankmeister posted:

Face blindness, but for guns.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

That video got 9 million views in 6 days. My gut tells me it's a channel for intentionally dumb stuff.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Exhibit number 1 as to why extension cords are NOT a good choice for long term use:

This had been running a pool pump for an above ground pool all summer.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Once the pool liner melts your problem solves itself!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Exhibit number 1 as to why extension cords are NOT a good choice for long term use:

This had been running a pool pump for an above ground pool all summer.

Bring corroded from outdoor use is the actual problem. Extension cords are fine if you use them for what they are rated for.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

PittTheElder posted:

That video got 9 million views in 6 days. My gut tells me it's a channel for intentionally dumb stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgWqfQvTv5A&t=80s

:haw:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurking Haro posted:

Bring corroded from outdoor use is the actual problem. Extension cords are fine if you use them for what they are rated for.

Yeah, that's from having a more or less constant internal short on that side.

And so, it's okay if I run an extension cord up behind the wall for a porch light?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's the hobo-est home electrical fix I've seen in a very long time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

one of their earliest videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZND-vK7EeQ

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

I like the bit at 1:08 where he uses a drill to power a mincer, and pushes stuff in with his fingers

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://i.imgur.com/Z7KfeLF.gifv

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

And so, it's okay if I run an extension cord up behind the wall for a porch light?

Sure, just use one with a sealed connector and don't let it hang in the breeze. Installing a junction box for the connection would be better, though.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002
Truck inspectors found this. Also, many other errors and overloaded truck of course. It was not allowed to drive any further.

Article in norwegian: https://www.nrk.no/hordaland/dette-synet-motte-vegvesenet-under-kontroll-pa-os-1.13777502

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

BernieLomax posted:

Truck inspectors found this. Also, many other errors and overloaded truck of course. It was not allowed to drive any further.

Article in norwegian: https://www.nrk.no/hordaland/dette-synet-motte-vegvesenet-under-kontroll-pa-os-1.13777502

I've seen a couple of commercial trucks with those spikes and wondered if they were allowed. Do the drivers think they're in Mad Max? :stare:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

BernieLomax posted:

Mad Magnus: Fury Road

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

SealHammer posted:

As someone who open carries regularly this makes me very angry.

Surprise, You aren't the one people are worried about open carrying.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I've seen a couple of commercial trucks with those spikes and wondered if they were allowed. Do the drivers think they're in Mad Max? :stare:

Seriously are these illegal? I've seen TONS of big rig trucks and privately owned dump trucks and poo poo with these stupid spikes on their wheels here in Canada.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

Seriously are these illegal? I've seen TONS of big rig trucks and privately owned dump trucks and poo poo with these stupid spikes on their wheels here in Canada.

I think most of them are plastic caps, not metal. At least, I hope they are...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

They're illegal in the same way that excessive window tint or smoked taillights are illegal -- it's stupid and dangerous but the police aren't going to hunt you down for it. Maybe they'll pull you over if they're bored or you piss them off and definitely if you fail the paper bag test.

Also, like most state-specific vehicle codes, I imagine a lot of truckers just take the risk because they're only going to be in states where the spikes are illegal for a few hours at a time.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Sagebrush posted:

They're illegal in the same way that excessive window tint or smoked taillights are illegal -- it's stupid and dangerous but the police aren't going to hunt you down for it. Maybe they'll pull you over if they're bored or you piss them off and definitely if you fail the paper bag test.

Also, like most state-specific vehicle codes, I imagine a lot of truckers just take the risk because they're only going to be in states where the spikes are illegal for a few hours at a time.

DOT officers are loving dicks and go over trucks for infractions with a fine tooth comb. Those spikes have got to be legal around here or no truck would have them.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sagebrush posted:

ooo no that's dangerous. you have to do frequent enough weigh inspections that skirting a law like that would get you noticed and fined. state DOTs generally dont gently caress around with truck laws

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Crosspost from pyf

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mds2 posted:

DOT officers are loving dicks and go over trucks for infractions with a fine tooth comb. Those spikes have got to be legal around here or no truck would have them.

This is truth, I've never seen our local transport officer make a stop that took less than an hour

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Nocheez posted:

I think most of them are plastic caps, not metal. At least, I hope they are...

These were supposedly hard plastic, but the reasoning for them being illegal here is the danger they would pose to e.g. pedestrians or bicyclists. If they are legal anywhere the codes needs some updating.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The front wheel hardware always seems to be protruding on every truck I care to notice (so maybe I'm just missing it on a bunch where its not). So it seems academic whether its to a point or not considering what it means in the grand scheme of things to be 6 inches away from a semi truck's wheel at speed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BernieLomax posted:

These were supposedly hard plastic, but the reasoning for them being illegal here is the danger they would pose to e.g. pedestrians or bicyclists. If they are legal anywhere the codes needs some updating.

If those are ever in a situation to be a danger to a cyclist or pedestrian, they have far bigger things to worry about than plastic decorations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I agree that it’s unlikely to slash or impale any particular person but it’s still kind of a dick move to make things more dangerous for no functional reason.

Ralph Nader kind of had a point when he killed tail fins, and tail fins are way cooler than pointy lug nuts.

e: RIP retractable headlights

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That was for a live kids morning TV show, the crew mixed up the cue for the presenter to start speaking with the cue for the bike to go. If you look closely you can see that one of the flash pots was positioned under her right elbow. She only received minor injuries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD7gRZCx2rs