Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

The matches won't be very long.

And in the case of Josh Barnett vs Timothy Thatcher thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Any Houston peeps ever check out Texas All-Star Wrestling? They're doing a thing in Cypress next month, and since my girlfriend lives in that part of town and the tickets are pretty cheap, I'm kind of tempted to go.

The one thing stopping me is that I've legitimately never heard of this fed in my loving life (I thought Reality of Wrestling was all we had here) and they look insanely carny (they do birthday parties!).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Discovering the wild slice of philly undercard nostalgia that is Wicked Hanuman.

It’s up on powerbomb.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

the comments on that are a hell of a thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

jesus christ. dude probably could have taken a power drill to her head against her will and those people would still be going "that;s what happenz when women want to be equal!!". Dudes seriously just relish seeing women get hurt

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 11, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Intergender Wrestling is progressive and like really important.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

I liked it better when it was just a thing Chikara did and no one paid attention because its Chikara.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

coconono posted:

I liked it better when it was just a thing Chikara did and no one paid attention because its Chikara.

And the women they had were bigger than the men.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly I have really mixed feelings about intergender wrestling because, when done well, it legitimately is progressive and important (see: PWG, Young Bucks vs. World's Cutest Tag Team, and Lucha Underground, Ivelisse vs. Angelico vs. Son of Havoc), but when done poorly, it's uh, really fuckin' gross (see: pretty much every time ECW ever did it).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MCW was apparently real good last night. Okada got on the microphone afterwards and said Tanahashi, Naito and Omega could come to Australia next year.

Show had an amazing atmosphere from what I've heard

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Aesop Poprock posted:

jesus christ. dude probably could have taken a power drill to her head against her will and those people would still be going "that;s what happenz when women want to be equal!!". Dudes seriously just relish seeing women get hurt

feminism means getting your neck broken by a bad wrestler

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly I have really mixed feelings about intergender wrestling because, when done well, it legitimately is progressive and important (see: PWG, Young Bucks vs. World's Cutest Tag Team, and Lucha Underground, Ivelisse vs. Angelico vs. Son of Havoc), but when done poorly, it's uh, really fuckin' gross (see: pretty much every time ECW ever did it).

but beulah beat bill alfonso half to death checkmate liberals :smug:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I bought a ticket to this:
https://twitter.com/wuwworldwide/status/929488076631691265

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
New York state commission gonna shut that show down as soon as Park starts swinging broken bottles at Wagner

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I love that Hugo Sandovich threw himself on the poster like he’s a draw.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

but beulah beat bill alfonso half to death checkmate liberals :smug:

I forget exactly what he did but didn't Fonzy pretty much have to almost die in that match to keep his job because Heyman was going to fire him and the rest of the locker room wanted to murder him?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Aesop Poprock posted:

I forget exactly what he did but didn't Fonzy pretty much have to almost die in that match to keep his job because Heyman was going to fire him and the rest of the locker room wanted to murder him?

Dunno. Heyman says that Todd Gordon was brokering deals to get guys to ECW while Todd Gordon says that it was a work to make him a heel character which never actually came to pass. Reportedly Gordon had been pushing really hard to become a heel authority figure so his story kinda makes sense

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bought my Glory Pro tickets to see Tetsuya Naito live. Hell yes. Thank you Big Mike for making this happen

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
masada v. jeff cobb v. matthew palmer v. sammy guevarra v. ACH for the Inspire Pure Prestige Championship was loving wild as hell, and i'm super happy no one got a skewer in the eye when masada's handfull of them went into the crowd

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bought my Glory Pro tickets to see Tetsuya Naito live. Hell yes. Thank you Big Mike for making this happen

let's grab a beer after the show

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

I like the odd 'Woman jumps in and fucks up a male wrestler has been a dick to people' spot, and after that my interest trails off rapidly.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/930470325359345664

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who died?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

who died?

The company

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is nothing nefarious it is a health issue. And apparently they are done for good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

It is nothing nefarious it is a health issue. And apparently they are done for good.

Wait who is done for good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Was only a matter of time

https://twitter.com/IPWUK/status/930493823431659521

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

who got cancer

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

The company or the person with the health issue??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

The company or the person with the health issue??

One of the Wrestlecircus owners has a very serious health issue.

Wrestlecircus is essentially finished.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/930531823838412800

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Don't forget that they add the newer titles to the holiday list over the course of the sale so if you want BOLA 2017, keep tabs on the site

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

One of the Wrestlecircus owners has a very serious health issue.

Wrestlecircus is essentially finished.

Not at all how I expected Wrestlecircus to end.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Not at all how I expected Wrestlecircus to end.

Yeah, it is a bummer. Wrestling promoters have done and lied about the craziness stuff to get out of promoting but I do believe this is a legitimate situation.

Stress caused by running Wrestlecirus was a big contributor. I don't really know how the promotion "worked" or was funded but I can't help but think if it was better managed - not buying flights the day before shows at times, paying talent upfront more often etc things might have been less of an ordeal for the owners.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Yeah, it is a bummer. Wrestling promoters have done and lied about the craziness stuff to get out of promoting but I do believe this is a legitimate situation.

Stress caused by running Wrestlecirus was a big contributor. I don't really know how the promotion "worked" or was funded but I can't help but think if it was better managed - not buying flights the day before shows at times, paying talent upfront more often etc things might have been less of an ordeal for the owners.

So... heart attack? Stroke? I mean you’re saying it’s something that can be presumably caused or extentuated by stress so why not just say what it supposedly is?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

So... heart attack? Stroke? I mean you’re saying it’s something that can be presumably caused or extentuated by stress so why not just say what it supposedly is?

As they publicly said they want their privacy respected so I am. I answered Gumball Gumption's post the best I could given those requests.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
all i hope is that if the big money mark promotion that brought in the big names is going under, that the audience for wrestling in the area still goes to the smaller shows in austin and san antonio. Inspire is great, but they never bring the crowd Wrestle Circus did. i'm cynical and didn't expect it to last, but if it's a serious health issue, that's absolutely terrible. At least the big names brought some eyes on Sammy Guevarra, and one of the promoter's brother, Jordan Len-X is starting to get booked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

"a rare neurological disorder"