Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope Trump tries to re-endorse Strange as a write-in candidate

"I was right you guys should have trusted me the first time"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
It's a shame that we probably won't get to laugh at the piss tape with a bowl of popcorn because it would make us all Roy Moores

AND lol I knew it was going to be a matter of time til chuds backpedoed their defense and switched back to claiming virtue signaling

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/930498590656512000

https://twitter.com/funder/status/930495604425416705

the sessions hearing is p. funny today. old man got memory problems and can't recall anything (quelle surprise!)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol that the Chuds all virtue signal to each other that touching kids is good and cool when they do it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Plavski posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/930498590656512000

https://twitter.com/funder/status/930495604425416705

the sessions hearing is p. funny today. old man got memory problems and can't recall anything (quelle surprise!)

He's using the "I didn't remember at the time, but now my memory has been refreshed" argument. Which seems like complete bullshit to me. BUt will work. There is no more perjury in Trumpland.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Alan Smithee posted:

Lol that the Chuds all virtue signal to each other that touching kids is good and cool when they do it

Well, what about Santa? This is the war on Christmas!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Alan Smithee posted:

CHUDs huge virtue signallers, why I never

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how come you keep writing trump fanfiction

It's good.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's good fanfiction, inexplicable humblebrag

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I’ve just realised what Trump’s whole presidency has been reminding me of, its been nagging me for weeks. It’s a goddamn episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia being played out by Trump and his staff.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

KM Scorchio posted:

I’ve just realised what Trump’s whole presidency has been reminding me of, its been nagging me for weeks. It’s a goddamn episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia being played out by Trump and his staff.

It was okay to date those high school girls because, you know, the implication

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

do u know jenny posted:

Ann Coulter might literally be retarded

For one, just because Kennedy didn't get poo poo for it 50 years ago, that somehow makes liberals hypocrites? Most people disgusted by Moore weren't even alive back then. Also, liberals can be disgusted by conservatives AND liberals doing something hosed up. They don't have to choose one or the other. It reminds me of when someone is sad that Tom Petty died and inevitably some dipshit says "but you aren't upset at all the Somalis that died this week???". She's loving brain dead but thinks she got a brilliant "gotcha".

Plus, there's no way her "GOTCHA!" point makes this any better for Moore. Ok so JFK did something similar-ish to Moore? So you're saying what JFK did was bad? So then what Roy Moore did is also bad. Ok. So you agree that Moore is unfit for office? OR are you saying "See, even Democrats did this too. We all agree it's fine now." or what? If you're trying to defend Moore by saying JFK also did this and so it's fine, you're... gross.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Is anyone watching the Sessions hearings in Congress? The republicans are bringing up everything except russia just to see what sticks

lol

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

He's using the "I didn't remember at the time, but now my memory has been refreshed" argument. Which seems like complete bullshit to me. BUt will work. There is no more perjury in Trumpland.

Is that actually a legally valid defense?

I mean, I get that he'll get away with it regardless, but is "I forgot then but I remembered now" actually a thing you can do if charged with perjury?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Plus, there's no way her "GOTCHA!" point makes this any better for Moore. Ok so JFK did something similar-ish to Moore? So you're saying what JFK did was bad? So then what Roy Moore did is also bad. Ok. So you agree that Moore is unfit for office? OR are you saying "See, even Democrats did this too. We all agree it's fine now." or what? If you're trying to defend Moore by saying JFK also did this and so it's fine, you're... gross.

Don't overthink whataboutism. They're just trying to muddy the waters and change the conversation.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Roy Moore’s Little Beauties

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Is anyone watching the Sessions hearings in Congress? The republicans are bringing up everything except russia just to see what sticks

lol

lol

Has Jeff Sessions got the world’s worst memory, or what?

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s defense for apparently misleading Congress about his knowledge of campaign contacts with Russians is that he has a bad memory. No, honestly. The man who now oversees the entire Justice Department might have heard about contacts with Russia, but no alarms went off, nothing was seared into memory and no action was taken. Even if you believe Sessions, his testimony is damning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...29cf2f#comments

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how Sessions said Trump's campaign was well run but he couldn't remember anything because of all the "chaos" lol

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Don Jr doesn't know the meaning of words or phrases like "off the record", "ironic". His sister doesn't know what "anniversary" means. Their dad can't spell for poo poo. Best genes, DT was a nice student!

TulliusCicero posted:

Seriously imagine how wierd it must be to have the brain Don Jr. has. Incriminating yourself twice on twitter where there is a public record? How does one retard own themselves so much?

It was explained to him by Wikileaks: if he provided the emails he would throw the opponents off!
Completely bewildered!
Worked last time too, well not completely, but this time!

It's basic 4D chess Hungry Hungry Hippos.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lime Tonics posted:

lol

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s defense for apparently misleading Congress about his knowledge of campaign contacts with Russians is that he has a bad memory. No, honestly. The man who now oversees the entire Justice Department might have heard about contacts with Russia, but no alarms went off, nothing was seared into memory and no action was taken. Even if you believe Sessions, his testimony is damning.

That honor is reserved for Alberto Gonzalez.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is that actually a legally valid defense?

I mean, I get that he'll get away with it regardless, but is "I forgot then but I remembered now" actually a thing you can do if charged with perjury?

Yes, and then basically it's up to the prosecutor to determine if they were credible when they said this and whether to pursue charges. That prosecutor in this case? Jeff Sessions.

Slightly more seriously, perjury is something that's usually only brought out in especially egregious situations when the liar has done something to really piss the government off. If it's a situation where someone is willing to revise their testimony and say, "Oops. I 'forgot' :wink: ," then typically they're willing to just let it go. Of course, repeatedly doing this is a fast way to piss the government off...

What I'm saying is busting Sessions on perjury is within the realm of possibility particularly if they start rounding people up, but don't hold your breath until this administration is gone.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr Havafap posted:

Don Jr doesn't know the meaning of words or phrases like "off the record", "ironic". His sister doesn't know what "anniversary" means. Their dad can't spell for poo poo. Best genes, DT was a nice student!

It was explained to him by Wikileaks: if he provided the emails he would throw the opponents off!
Completely bewildered!

Whoa wtf

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr Havafap posted:

I so badly want some days-before-retirement journalist to ask Trump if he had any children that lived

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

has mike thernovitcth got anywhere with his shrieking cries of discrimination yet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

as they travel to put down the rebellious Keurig tribe

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr Havafap posted:

Completely bewildered!

I dint think anyone in this family has seen a chicken

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
A woman on my friend's Facebook post about Bush 41's sexual assaults:

quote:

Just amazes me how it took all those years for those women to realize they were abused.

I pushed her on this, asking if maybe she meant to say that it's horrible that it took so many years for the women to find the courage to speak up. Her response:

quote:

It just amazes me that so many are 'jumping on the wagon' of the poor abused from so many years ago. They all seem to have moved on with their lives and now it's time to ruin people? I just have a huge problem with that, no matter the political, socioeconomic, etc. position of the people involved.

Thinking that she must be some dumb chud, I ask what's wrong with her. Response:

quote:

Nothing is wrong with me. I just believe in forgiving and going on with life. In years past I did not once ruin the life of one of my abusers. They all have families, good jobs, are upstanding men in their communities. I've had a good life, a good marriage. No need to rehash bygone years.

:psyduck:

This is what abuse does to people. She can't even realize that the abusers aren't the victims here.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Lime Tonics posted:

lol

He was too focused on the harrowing case of The Woman Who Laughed to remember petty details about fake news Russian collusion that definitely didnt happen regardless of what that little poo poo Don Jr posts

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Phoenix Wright is nonfiction

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Lemming posted:

Phoenix Wright is nonfiction

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I so badly want some days-before-retirement journalist to ask Trump if he had any children that lived

This made me chuckle. Would love this.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Congrats America. He is going to be a US Senator and this is the new normal. The level of political discourse is so far down the drain that a honest-to-god kiddie diddler can get elected, as long as he spouts the correct Fox News talking points. This is what happens when you elect people like Donald Smoothbrainne Trump into office. Hope everyone who voted for him as a joke or because they thought that he can't possibly do any damage is proud of themselves.

Yeah, I know this is an Arby's. I can read

Don't say congrats America. You mean congrats Alabama. They would vote for a pedo over a Democrat.

Which is funny because conservatives love saying poo poo like "maybe the blacks should try voting Republican because obviously voting Democratic hasn't done them any good"

Ignoring the fact that they keep voting Republican when Republican states have the shittiest wages, the shittiest education, the shittiest doctors, lower life expectancy, and the shittiest statistics for upward mobility.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Catastrophe posted:

It’s not even similarish because what JFK did is skeevy but she was Actually An Adult, whereas Roy Moore is a pedophile.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
one thing i will say about sessions is that aside from lying and "Forgetting" to save his own rear end, he has not been COMPLETELY corrupt as attorney general, wrt Roy Moore and that poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RyokoTK posted:

It’s not even similarish because what JFK did is skeevy but she was Actually An Adult, whereas Roy Moore is a pedophile.

plus everyone agrees jfk was a sex weirdo.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

do u know jenny posted:

Don't say congrats America. You mean congrats Alabama. They would vote for a pedo over a Democrat.

Which is funny because conservatives love saying poo poo like "maybe the blacks should try voting Republican because obviously voting Democratic hasn't done them any good"

Ignoring the fact that they keep voting Republican when Republican states have the shittiest wages, the shittiest education, the shittiest doctors, lower life expectancy, and the shittiest statistics for upward mobility.

lol the fact other states aren't rolling into Alabama with their National Guard troops to forcibly remove Moore's name from everything official means that the U.S has failed

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

Eh, the power imbalance makes it more assaulty than skeevy, but yeah, Moore did all that with children.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

one thing i will say about sessions is that aside from lying and "Forgetting" to save his own rear end, he has not been COMPLETELY corrupt as attorney general, wrt Roy Moore and that poo poo

lmao, we now live in a world where we have to acknowledge that hey, at least the racist keebler elf didn't stand with a pedophile. This is no longer a given.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

bag em and tag em posted:

lmao, we now live in a world where we have to acknowledge that hey, at least the racist keebler elf didn't stand with a pedophile. This is no longer a given.

yeah I was going to post what's considered a silver lining nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

Sessions thought he was still playing by the normal rules of politics and recused himself from the Russia investigation. If he really understood how loving stupid his co-conspirators were and how congress would literally let him get away with murder, he would have gone full banana republic.