Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

boner confessor posted:

pretty much, at least sports fans are well aware of when they're tied to a lovely franchise that they love anyway

gamers will rightfully scream about how horrible EA is and what a track record they have for buying good studios and murdering them, but... just dont buy their games. you dont have to play Generic Star Wars Shooter 4. there have never been more good games to play. i can't keep up with them all. play something else

*that picture of a steam group dedicated to a boycott of a game all saying they are currently playing said game*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I don't get it?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Kurieg posted:

I don't get it?

Roy Moore is a pedophile.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Star Wars. You're not just talking about gamers, you're talking about gamers who are also fans of Star Wars. That's a 4x damage multiplier for terrible behavior.

that's gotta be it

Kurieg posted:

I don't get it?

roy moore is a candidate for senator from the us state of alabama and he is currently under intense criticism because of his past history of cruising for teenage girls to "date" as a grown man

he was banned from the mall, back in the 1970's, because he kept hitting on the teens

robyn a is saying his retort was childish

roy moore is still doubling down, tripling down, because the stink of pedo on him is so strong that members of his own party are telling him to drop out of the race. so moore is totally going full dumbass and saying things like this

https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/status/930535804799242240

...to the man who would be his boss if he won the election. he's daring them to fire him before he even gets the job. this is relatively unprecedented in american politics, rarely do you see such a full on catfight between senators and senatorial candidates in public like this. it's a huge embarrassing mess for the republican party, and is hilarious to everyone else

boner confessor has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Nov 14, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boner confessor posted:

robyn a is saying his retort was childish

And also that he’s a pedophile.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Platystemon posted:

And also that he’s a pedophile.

"technically, it's ephebeophile..." -right wing media, right now, tyool 2017, not even kidding

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

just dont buy their games.

One of the veins of their gamer outrage (not just this one, but every varied outrage gamers have had that normal people don't even know or care about) is an understanding that their own offense over something isn't enough to prevent them from buying/playing the game.

They want enough other people to make a stand so that things will change, they don't want to change themselves.

Baronjutter posted:

*that picture of a steam group dedicated to a boycott of a game all saying they are currently playing said game*

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:02 on Nov 14, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

boner confessor posted:

"technically, it's ephebeophile..." -right wing media, right now, tyool 2017, not even kidding

No poo poo? Link? I've seen some weird defenses of him from goobers on Twitter, but is there really a media outlet using this route?

I think my favorite defense so far was "The age of consent in Alabama wasn't technically set in law until the year after this girl is accusing him of doing a thing", meaning they don't deny he did it, but are trying to make it OK for him to have done it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/realTomBloke/status/930472503952265216

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/930151193581621248

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-defends-roy-moores-sexual-misconduct-charges-saying-they-were-consensual-2017-11

you have to wade through a lot of shotgun responses but it's in there, some of these guys are like "it wasn't children they were teenagers above the age of consent at the time, there's a big difference" altho some of the allegations are from teens younger than 16

boner confessor has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Nov 14, 2017

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Also because the allegations include attempted rape

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
yeah but just being a rapist is pretty standard for the republican party. a pedo rapist, now you're cooking with gas

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/sLU726F.mp4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's definitely a "wait for it..." one

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/930151193581621248

you have to wade through a lot of shotgun responses but it's in there, some of these guys are like "it wasn't children they were teenagers above the age of consent at the time, there's a big difference" altho some of the allegations are from teens younger than 16

is there any chance that Mr. I Cut My Own Hair isn't himself a pedophile?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hell yeah black shirt on black jacket

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
mr flowbee sure doesnt look like he sleeps well

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

i did notice when this was posted he probably asked CNN for directions to the studio that do not pass by any schools or playgrounds

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boner confessor posted:

yeah but just being a rapist is pretty standard for the republican party. a pedo rapist, now you're cooking with gas

“The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.”

Live girls ain’t enough.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Probably not, but he's our president now and it's a sad reflection of our society.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

What's the ROI on games companies nowadays? I can't believe that selling millions of copies for $60 isn't enough to make money on a game, especially when in most cases pretty much all of the assets already exist (this is especially true for EA). My guess is it's been taken over by Wall Street shitheads that don't mind killing the cow with a shot to the head and letting all the meat rot instead of milking it.

Full communism now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

2-for-1 special, this is is solid!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

orange sky posted:

What's the ROI on games companies nowadays? I can't believe that selling millions of copies for $60 isn't enough to make money on a game, especially when in most cases pretty much all of the assets already exist (this is especially true for EA). My guess is it's been taken over by Wall Street shitheads that don't mind killing the cow with a shot to the head and letting all the meat rot instead of milking it.

Full communism now.

pretty decent, it's not hard to turn a profit using just the traditional game selling model so long as you have a good product, and this microtransaction poo poo is just exploiting people for additional cash

EA is definitely putting a lovely squeeze on the kind of people who are compelled to buy a generic star wars game on launch day, but they really have nobody but themselves to blame for being such huge fanboys. i get the appeal of buying on launch but you're going to get burned, especially if it's loving EA

EA netted 1.2 billion in 2017 so it's working for them, i wonder if they didn't have to pay disney huge huge licensing fees for the star wars IP lol

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

orange sky posted:

Full communism now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

GTA V spent almost as much on marketing as they did developing the game. There isn't a whole lot of info on hard cash spent on marketing but the big name games have big name marketing to go with them.

I don't know of any loopholes where the developers can write off a game as a loss, like the movie industry.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

GTA V spent almost as much on marketing as they did developing the game. There isn't a whole lot of info on hard cash spent on marketing but the big name games have big name marketing to go with them.

I don't know of any loopholes where the developers can write off a game as a loss, like the movie industry.

Huge game companies also barely pay any taxes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKnv1YzI3k

Edit: This is one of the topics GAMERS don't give a thing about as discussion about it died super fast. Even though it's undeniably bad thing those companies do.

Sininu has a new favorite as of 22:54 on Nov 14, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Usually when a game "fails" it's more "we didn't make 3x the money we spent on developing it" and less "this game is a pile of poo poo." They don't care if it's poo poo as long as it makes money.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

They don't care if it's poo poo as long as it makes money.

See: The mobile game market

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

boner confessor posted:

Weird that we here on these forums ran into this argument and brutually ripped it apart like a decade ago, so now we are more prepared to spread the word in the wild and rip some dumbasses apart at parties.

It's also wierd how all the wierd poo poo we encourtered here is now, like 10/20 years later making it into the mainstream.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

boner confessor posted:

It is technically hebephilia if we're being real pedantic. ephebophilia is 15+. Still a dumb argument "It wasn't statutory rape, it was statutory rape!"

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
We have a literal rapist as a president, being a pedo is just business as usual, really.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Just when it looked like we Brits were going to replace the title of knife-crime island with pedophile island you guys just pour a loving bag of them out. Can't let us win at anything can you?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

enigmahfc posted:

We have a literal rapist as a president, being a pedo is just business as usual, really.

one of trumps accusers was 13

cakesmith handyman posted:

Just when it looked like we Brits were going to replace the title of knife-crime island with pedophile island you guys just pour a loving bag of them out. Can't let us win at anything can you?

we're number one!
we're number one!
we're number one!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:thurman:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Roy Moore: "Here's a letter from a bunch of pastors saying they support me!"

Pastors: "gently caress you we never saw that letter don't put words in our mouths you kiddy-fiddler"

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/930496975673405440

Lemon
May 22, 2003

orange sky posted:

Full communism now.

I don't know if they are killing the cow, people are still buying the things. And as time passes there are more and more comsumers that don't remember a time when lootboxes and microtransactions weren't the norm.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Haha, drat now that's a burn.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lemon posted:

I don't know if they are killing the cow, people are still buying the things. And as time passes there are more and more comsumers that don't remember a time when lootboxes and microtransactions weren't the norm.

all the more reason to kill and eat the rich ASAP

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Goddamnit, Takei... :argh:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Memento posted:

Roy Moore: "Here's a letter from a bunch of pastors saying they support me!"

Pastors: "gently caress you we never saw that letter don't put words in our mouths you kiddy-fiddler"

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/930496975673405440

Those pastors are like the pharisees who denied christ. :smith:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm expecting some good post from our Aussie goons

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/world/australia/yes-same-sex-marriage-gay.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know