Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

You know there's a reason for that, right? I guess Folsom State Prison is pretty close?

I mean sure, it's not your usual destination city to visit for an away game, but cheap flights make it really easy to do a one day there and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Also a fairly easy drive for San Jose.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Offseason schedule released, like anyone gives a poo poo, and the LAFC expansion draft is on 12/12. Teams protect 11 players with GA and HG players exempt.

My hot take for DC United:

Exempt:
Julian Buescher
Chris Durkin
Ian Harkes
Jalen Robinson

Protect:
Luciano Acosta
Paul Arriola
Steve Birnbaum
Russell Canouse
Nick DeLeon
Taylor Kemp
Chris Korb
Patrick Mullins
Chris Odoi-Atsem
Kofi Opare
Zoltán Stieber

Available:
Deshorn Brown
Steve Clark
Sean Franklin
Jared Jeffrey
Eric Klenofsky
Patrick Nyarko
Lloyd Sam
Marcelo Sarvas
Rob Vincent
Travis Worra

fake edit: lmao this roster is so bad.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Oh cool my birthday will be the expansion draft I can laugh at the lovely journeymen who will have to uproot their lives to get cut after a year paying LA rent.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Offseason schedule released, like anyone gives a poo poo, and the LAFC expansion draft is on 12/12. Teams protect 11 players with GA and HG players exempt.

My hot take for DC United:

Exempt:
Julian Buescher
Chris Durkin
Ian Harkes
Jalen Robinson

Protect:
Luciano Acosta
Paul Arriola
Steve Birnbaum
Russell Canouse
Nick DeLeon
Taylor Kemp
Chris Korb
Patrick Mullins
Chris Odoi-Atsem
Kofi Opare
Zoltán Stieber

Available:
Deshorn Brown
Steve Clark
Sean Franklin
Jared Jeffrey
Eric Klenofsky
Patrick Nyarko
Lloyd Sam
Marcelo Sarvas
Rob Vincent
Travis Worra

fake edit: lmao this roster is so bad.

I think you have seeds of a decent roster there Acosta/Harkes/Cannouse/Steiber/Arriola gives you a decent midfield. You do need a non-trash forward and to replace pretty much your entire defense except Birnbaum if he isn't dead.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 14, 2017

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I can only hope Bob is dumb enough to take Jermaine Jones from us.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I was hoping that this time around they'd finally get rid of the expansion draft.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

It is severely reduced. 5 players from the whole league instead of 10.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

FC Cincinnati's bid is going to take a pretty big hit if Hamilton County wants them to use Paul Brown Stadium

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Don't they already have a deal right across the river in Newport that they'll be paying 100% for on the off chance that Cincinnati proper doesn't let them build? I thought that was the situation.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Tigren posted:

It's called supporting the Galaxy Chivas Galaxy

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

Don't they already have a deal right across the river in Newport that they'll be paying 100% for on the off chance that Cincinnati proper doesn't let them build? I thought that was the situation.

Newport or out in Oakley. Oakley has issues with parking, as it sounds like the county will contribute towards 1,000 parking slots, but that won't really get the job done.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/930946922025586688
not a surprise, I suppose

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Having a third soccer team in Texas (between the other two, nonetheless) seems dumb.

Has Austin said anything about this?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Thanatosian posted:

Having a third soccer team in Texas (between the other two, nonetheless) seems dumb.

Austin’s last team became Orlando. That should tell you something.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/930970894939201536

Guys, we’re trying really hard to stay in Columbus, but the city just isn’t doing all of our work for us.

We successfully reinvented the brand but it wasn’t successful. What else are we supposed to do?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Precourt isn't paying a full expansion fee right? Why even let him take up a new market when you get someone else to pay the full fee?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thanatosian posted:

The Austin city council passed a resolution last week saying they're taking a look for a place for a stadium. December 7th is when we find out where they want to put it.

e: Newspaper article

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 16, 2017

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
MLS gonna be in Austin and it's going to be amazing. Then it'll be bought by a Qatari in a few years.

Also:

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 16, 2017

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
So everyone thought Anthony Hudson, currently the New Zealand men's boss, would be taking over the Rapids. Then this happened.

"New Zealand Football want to keep coach Anthony Hudson for another four years, and are confident they can make it work." "Martin said discussions around Hudson's future won't be rushed, but they will be concluded by next month."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11945101

It doesn't mean "no", but...still.

:downsbravo:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Porter...out? Credible people are reporting it but it'd seem weird if true: doesn't seem like he's really to blame for how the Timbers' season ended.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
Arena in. RCTID.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Bio-Hazard posted:

Arena in. RCTID.

:cawg:

Meanwhile now a classic “that’s so Rapids” with Hudson I’d be ok with Porter to Colorado. At least he’s a proven coach.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/Zakuani11/status/931371894443405313

So did Paulson go (more) crazy and can Porter?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

https://twitter.com/Zakuani11/status/931371894443405313

So did Paulson go (more) crazy and can Porter?

Sounds like Porter broke up with the Timbers, instead of the other way around...

Porter to the USMNT?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

El Jebus posted:

Sounds like Porter broke up with the Timbers, instead of the other way around...

Porter to the USMNT?

Sure hope it's that or another better gig, but if that's the case why announce he's leaving without announcing his destination?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Sure hope it's that or another better gig, but if that's the case why announce he's leaving without announcing his destination?

I doubt it’s the reason he left, just might be where he ends up.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

ZHamburglar posted:

MLS gonna be in Austin and it's going to be amazing. Then it'll be bought by a Qatari in a few years.

Also:

What more can you expect when you only have ONE person on marketing staff because you've fired everyone else

Just a reminder that one of our promotions for this year was BRING YOUR DOG TO THE GAME NIGHT

Also, the fact that we have the lowest paid shirt sponsor is loving hilarious because the club staff couldn't even get that deal done, Columbus Partnership did. What huge company is going to want to play a premium for a shirt sponsorship when they get a grand total of ONE game in national TV exposure? A game, might I add, scheduled opposite week one of the NFL and both the Bengals and Browns home openers? It's a loving miracle we are getting $1.8m a season.

Finally, what huge company is going to want to make deals when our big shot owner can't be bothered to get off his rear end and show up to grease palms in order to get poo poo done?

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 17, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

shoplifter posted:

What more can you expect when you only have ONE person on marketing staff because you've fired everyone else

Just a reminder that one of our promotions for this year was BRING YOUR DOG TO THE GAME NIGHT

Also, the fact that we have the lowest paid shirt sponsor is loving hilarious because the club staff couldn't even get that deal done, Columbus Partnership did. What huge company is going to want to play a premium for a shirt sponsorship when they get a grand total of ONE game in national TV exposure? A game, might I add, scheduled opposite week one of the NFL and both the Bengals and Browns home openers? It's a loving miracle we are getting $1.8m a season.

Finally, what huge company is going to want to make deals when our big shot owner can't be bothered to get off his rear end and show up to grease palms in order to get poo poo done?

Are you talking about the Rapids or some other club?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

shoplifter posted:

The Houston Dash had a dog game like this. I would have been tempted, too, if it had not been in July.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

El Jebus posted:

Porter to the USMNT?

Hopefully not.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Hungryjack posted:

The Houston Dash had a dog game like this. I would have been tempted, too, if it had not been in July.

We did it TWICE. I saw like maybe five people. I can't possibly imagine this got people who wouldn't normally come to a game into the stadium.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In the USL era the Timbers would have regular "Bark in the Park" nights. It wouldn't be possible to do it for Timbers or Thorns games but there was one night you could bring your dog to a Timbers2 match this year. Attendance was way up that night.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I've been on the 'Jurgen to PDX' push. I can't tell you how many people are actually in support of this. I really hope it creates a groundswell of support and they actually hire him.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

highme posted:

In the USL era the Timbers would have regular "Bark in the Park" nights. It wouldn't be possible to do it for Timbers or Thorns games but there was one night you could bring your dog to a Timbers2 match this year. Attendance was way up that night.

Ours was called Pups on the Pitch but to be clear NO dogs actually got on the pitch. Misleading advertising imo

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I've been on the 'Jurgen to PDX' push. I can't tell you how many people are actually in support of this. I really hope it creates a groundswell of support and they actually hire him.

I don't know what to even say to this. I have no idea who the timbers will even try to bring in. Another MLS coach? Another college coach? USL or NASL? Jurgen or Arena? A euro coach? Alexi Lalas?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I was hoping that SOMEBODY would give Marc dos Santos a chance but gently caress it, you've convinced me, #JurgenToPDX.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

I was hoping that SOMEBODY would give Marc dos Santos a chance but gently caress it, you've convinced me, #JurgenToPDX.

Please astroturf the poo poo out of this on social media. I really want Portland people to start going hard on this.

El Jebus posted:

I don't know what to even say to this. I have no idea who the timbers will even try to bring in. Another MLS coach? Another college coach? USL or NASL? Jurgen or Arena? A euro coach? Alexi Lalas?

It's a two-fold desire to see a division rival see a downturn in form and to be able to see Jurgen apologists truly understand how poo poo of a coach he is.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Emron posted:

Ours was called Pups on the Pitch but to be clear NO dogs actually got on the pitch. Misleading advertising imo

Speaking of pups on the pitch, we had a guy do a halftime show with acrobatic Frisbee dogs last year. It was probably my favorite halftime show in 11 years of attending Dynamo games. Those dogs were ready to run.

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

I hope brandi chastain becomes the timbers next coach tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I feel like anyone could coach this roster to a good result, but it's going to suuuuck when Charra slows down.

• Locked thread