Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

If you don't care about having fun, you can definitely make top 100 just by hiding and crawling prone the whole game. The reason people die is because they want to have an exciting game. Otherwise you can make top 10 every game just by driving to the middle of the circle and hiding in a bathroom with a double barrel shotgun all game.

You are playing the game the right way though because all that matters is living the longest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

VikingSkull posted:

Hell yeah, top 1,000 in NA Solo by playing like the biggest bitch baby coward I can. gently caress getting kills, just hide until the top 20. Got my 2nd chicken dinner just now in 60ish games by getting 4 kills at the very end.

K/D ratio of .73 (from here). Absolutely shameful my dog

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I mean don't get me wrong playing for kills is fun in its own right, and that's how my squad and I play usually, but there's still fun to be had by being cautious. It isn't just as simple as parking in the middle of the circle and staying there, because I almost never land where the circle is. It's just that I don't take those early game chances and spend a good chunk of time planning what my next move is going to be. Once I'm in the last 20 or so left then I switch to an aggressive playstyle, it's just putting yourself in that situation consistently that gets the rank up.

There's really no "wrong" way to play and I think that's what keeps me coming back.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

abigserve posted:

K/D ratio of .73 (from here). Absolutely shameful my dog

It is and I'm garbage at shooting lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

VikingSkull posted:

I mean don't get me wrong playing for kills is fun in its own right, and that's how my squad and I play usually, but there's still fun to be had by being cautious. It isn't just as simple as parking in the middle of the circle and staying there, because I almost never land where the circle is. It's just that I don't take those early game chances and spend a good chunk of time planning what my next move is going to be. Once I'm in the last 20 or so left then I switch to an aggressive playstyle, it's just putting yourself in that situation consistently that gets the rank up.

There's really no "wrong" way to play and I think that's what keeps me coming back.

I do the same. My favorite part of the game is roaming the hills with an AR and a 4x. Even better if I have a suppressor. Dropping school/military 20 times to survive one of those times with really good gear isn't worth it at all imo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I like the options in play style too. Sometimes I'll drop, quick loot, and hop on a boat safely away from shore then browse sites or watch tv and poo poo until I have to move then play the last bit for real. Or I'll drop school and have a shootout for a while. Or maybe I'll just take a uaz and run people over and drive around honking until i get shot or wreck my car. Like Viking said it's nice you can play it any way you want.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I haven't played in months really, did they remove the timer on the final circle? I just had a game where I got 2nd place and the timer stopped at 1 second with two of us left.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Yodzilla posted:

I haven't played in months really, did they remove the timer on the final circle? I just had a game where I got 2nd place and the timer stopped at 1 second with two of us left.

Yeah but five minutes later it shrinks to nothing

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The correct way to play this game is whichever way gives you the most enjoyment and if it makes dweebs on the internet aggravated then so much the better.

This knowledge extends to all things.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I wish there was a deathmatch/respawn mode with a small map so you could just shoot a bunch and get used to aiming at people and not have to wait a few minutes between rounds for matching/island/flying/dropping

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I wish there was a deathmatch/respawn mode with a small map so you could just shoot a bunch and get used to aiming at people and not have to wait a few minutes between rounds for matching/island/flying/dropping

This or a small gun-game deathmatch would be great.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just play for kills, it’s the only way to get better. Eventually you’ll end up with a 5 KDR and a 30% win rate. Those are my stats, in case anyone has forgotten.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

WhatEvil posted:

And also they warned about client crashes because they can't change anything without breaking 4 other things but oh well.

This is any code though

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature

Pawn 17 posted:

Dropping school/military 20 times to survive one of those times with really good gear isn't worth it at all imo.

I keep hearing people say stuff like this but I survive most mil drops. It's not a total clusterfuck bloodbath like school, if you kill 1-2 people in your area you can loot a bunch of stuff and bounce.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

underage at the vape shop posted:

This is any code though

he's never done coding :ssh:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What does the new killfeed look like? Will i still be able to continue my collection of magical pubg usernames

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I don't think bridges work like this bluehole

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Party Plane Jones posted:

I don't think bridges work like this bluehole

They made all of the bodies of water deeper, but didn't accommodate bridge height.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

OatBoy posted:

I keep hearing people say stuff like this but I survive most mil drops. It's not a total clusterfuck bloodbath like school, if you kill 1-2 people in your area you can loot a bunch of stuff and bounce.

its pretty bad in squads we've found, in solo it's OK if you survive the first 2 minutes but in squads you'll have like 16 sweet boys drop and if you can win that without losing anyone its fuckin good

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
we still drop school most of the time in squads and if we come out alive it's almost always with everybody alive, compared to military where one or two frequently die

this is mostly because we have a plan for the drop. everybody lands roof on top of auditorium and drop into the hole if roof is hot. secure auditorium loot and our side of the second floor while one guy watches hallway. then sweep roof and go from there. there are only two entrances to that entire section of school (them being hallway and auditorium door) so it's very easy to secure and trade knocks/revive.

i like school because even if it's empty you can loot it fast and then go gently caress people in rozcock/apartments since those take way longer to loot and we can pick them off.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Getting better at sending people to the shadow realm with a k98

Getting worse at being inside the circle

f.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

We're gonna have to stop counting EU stats soon...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

VulgarandStupid posted:

We're gonna have to stop counting EU stats soon...

Tbf I get the same dumb numbers when I do an NA game for the first time, two weeks into a season. If you switch region more than a week after a season reset, you're basically guaranteed to be matched with 99 absolute monkeys no matter which region you choose

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5YeeJF2Rg

This guy is Speedy Gonzales. If Speedy Gonzales could fire full auto with an AKM from 500 meters without missing a shot.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Played Test Server all night last night. Bullet ballistics took some getting used to, but the vaulting was pretty spot on. New vehicle mechanics kinda suck for stopping quickly, but the sounds are great and the bike is super fun.

All in all, my buddies and I had a blast.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Is there really still no hold RMB to ADS option?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

I didn't even think to check for that.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Fart Car '97 posted:

They didn't add it to the in-game options but you can still add it in by modifying your config file. No idea if they got it working correctly yet. I'm leaning towards no, even though I think it was promised in 1.0

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's been announced to be part of PC 1.0 but I don't think it's in the variant they just tested.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

They didn't add it to the in-game options but you can still add it in by modifying your config file. No idea if they got it working correctly yet. I'm leaning towards no, even though I think it was promised in 1.0

What is the workaround? I googled it

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 15, 2017

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Do the new vehicle mechanics make it harder to offroad, at least in the motorcycle and Dacia? It always kinda bugged me how you can blast up hills through a forest thicket in a sedan.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I watched a friend on the test server last night whip a dacia around tokyo drift-style on accident while off-roading, so there's that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is this game optimized so that I can actually play it with a Radeon R9 270X gpu, yet?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Is this game optimized so that I can actually play it with a Radeon R9 270X gpu, yet?

You're CPU is going to make the bigger difference, but you can probably run it decently now.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

TPP player and proselytizer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

You're CPU is going to make the bigger difference, but you can probably run it decently now.

It's a AMD FX 9590 8 Core 4.70GHz, any idea if I'm still poo poo out of luck? Last time I bought and tried to play PUBG the game wouldn't even get past the developer opening logo credits.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I take that as a no? :(

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

It's a AMD FX 9590 8 Core 4.70GHz, any idea if I'm still poo poo out of luck? Last time I bought and tried to play PUBG the game wouldn't even get past the developer opening logo credits.

My opinion is build a new computer with Intel and Nvidia. Maybe try some of the benchmarking videos and check to see if the publish dates were within the last couple of months or Buy the game and try it for less than 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

AndyElusive posted:

I'm running a 2.93Ghz Xeon 5570 and a R9 380X. With low detail settings, I average about 30fps for the first few minutes, and as players die off, my framerate climbs to the mid 80s.

• Locked thread