Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

glam rock hamhock posted:

Are you literally mixing up Burton with Depp or is there something I don't know here?

poo poo, yeah, I did. People were talking poo poo on Depp and I didn't notice the topic had shifted to Burton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Apparently Kevin Spacey's House of Cards contract doesn't have a morality clause. So they might have to just cancel the whole show instead of writing him out of it.

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/930450546993123328

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That or pay him off, probably.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Apparently Kevin Spacey's House of Cards contract doesn't have a morality clause. So they might have to just cancel the whole show instead of writing him out of it.

Doesn't a spinoff let them off the hook?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

I predict a whole lot of morality clauses from here on. One more bloody thing to wrangle over.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Skwirl posted:

The balls it must take to hold someone to the terms of your contract after you have been outed as a sexual predator.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Now I have a MoviePass, ho ho ho.

Think I'm going to break it in at the New Beverly tonight. They're doing a double feature of The Female Bunch and The Murder Gang. :mmmhmm:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Now I have a MoviePass, ho ho ho.

Think I'm going to break it in at the New Beverly tonight. They're doing a double feature of The Female Bunch and The Murder Gang. :mmmhmm:

It doesn't work on double features. You can only pick one.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I wish will Smith would go back to rapping

u should know by now how genies work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49jCmDXZ3I

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Welp, i didnt have to doxx Andy Anglin's best friend, cause the Atlantic did.

I forgot i used to do K with his ex.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm glad that Billy Dee Williams is still alive, because him voicing Lando in something like Star Wars: Battlefront II is a delight. He might be 80 years old, but he can still convey the fun and swagger of that character.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

I was curious about Atypical. I'm trying to movie bulk up on some stuff for themes in that high school kids vs Aliens script, which I'm shooting in January. So I might watch it then.

Also horny kid from It Follows.

Michael Rappaport plays the dad and he gives an incredible performance that is beyond what I knew he was capable of. He kind of steals the show and is at times incredibly loving heart breaking.

EXACTLY! Thank you so much. Also I'm not sure if you saw it but I compared the commercials for that show to the fake trailers in Tropic Thunder, so I'm glad someone else noticed that poo poo.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

When was the last time people remotely have a poo poo about Johnny Depp? He always looks washed-up but he keeps getting lead roles.

I was talking about this with someone recently and I guess those Pirates movies make absurd amounts of money. I'm baffled as to how because I don;t know a single person that's seen one of them in the last decade.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

It doesn't work on double features. You can only pick one.

New Bev double features are one ticket for both movies.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

New Bev double features are one ticket for both movies.

You lucky bastard! :argh:

I was hoping my theater would do that, but I think I was the first person to try it, so they didn't put it in their system correctly.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

CPL593H posted:

I was talking about this with someone recently and I guess those Pirates movies make absurd amounts of money. I'm baffled as to how because I don;t know a single person that's seen one of them in the last decade.

But everyone I know voted for McGovern.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

But everyone I know voted for McGovern.

You're not nice.

Speaking of bloated franchises that need to die, I found out today that that next Star Wars comes out next month. I was surprised because there aren't ads for it on all of the everything. Did this just get by me or did they realize that they don't need to promote much because Star Wars is basically a printing press for money?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

they don't need to promote much because Star Wars is basically a printing press for money

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The New Beverly is on Moviepass!?

The thing holding me back from it was that theaters like the Landmark and Arclight weren't on there, but that is a big draw right there

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CPL593H posted:

You're not nice.

Speaking of bloated franchises that need to die, I found out today that that next Star Wars comes out next month. I was surprised because there aren't ads for it on all of the everything. Did this just get by me or did they realize that they don't need to promote much because Star Wars is basically a printing press for money?

There's a designated month for Star Wars releases. They don't need to do much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah the marketing push kicks off the end of Nov and goes on for like the whole month.

I remember. It's like clockwork now

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CPL593H posted:

You're not nice.

December is Christmas and Star Wars now.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CPL593H posted:

My friend's ex was really into the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and made her go see the new one in theaters.

He was also really into Warped Tour and his best friend was a 16-year-old girl (he was 24). I feel like this is about par for the course for most fans of that series.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vincent posted:

December is Christmas and Star Wars now.

I think it's good because for many christmas', it was already that.

Seeing a Star Wars movie Christmas Eve, having a good dinner, going to bed and opening my Star Wars toys would've been a childhood treat.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

CPL593H posted:

Disney got the rights to the Monkey Island series when the bought Lucasfilm, when Johnny Depp becomes unprofitable maybe we can get a decent pirate franchise from them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah the marketing push kicks off the end of Nov and goes on for like the whole month.

I remember. It's like clockwork now

It should start exactly on November 17th in honor of Life Day.

Coffee And Pie posted:

My friend's ex was really into the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and made her go see the new one in theaters.

He was also really into Warped Tour and his best friend was a 16-year-old girl (he was 24). I feel like this is about par for the course for most fans of that series.

All of this is very gross.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Proposition Joe posted:

Disney got the rights to the Monkey Island series when the bought Lucasfilm, when Johnny Depp becomes unprofitable maybe we can get a decent pirate franchise from them.

The first Pirates movie was adapted from Elliott and Rossio's Monkey Island script.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 15, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Lol if you don't think they'll just reboot Monkey Island to star Jack Sparrow.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
K. Waste, the most recent Spoiler Alert was fantastic. Thank you for sharing, and keep up the very good work.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Franchescanado posted:

K. Waste, the most recent Spoiler Alert was fantastic. Thank you for sharing, and keep up the very good work.

It really is an extremely well made webseries.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's real drat good. I've been spreading the Unendurable Line episode around like crazy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

You're not nice.

You think your surprised Star Wars comes out next month? Wait until your hear that Justice League comes out this week!

Like maybe I just hang out in the wrong places but does anyone give a poo poo about that movie?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

You think your surprised Star Wars comes out next month? Wait until your hear that Justice League comes out this week!

Like maybe I just hang out in the wrong places but does anyone give a poo poo about that movie?

It looks dumb but I have a MoviePass.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

You're not nice.

It's been all over social media nonstop.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

It looks dumb but I have a MoviePass.

That's no reason to watch terrible movies.

Lurdiak posted:

It's been all over social media nonstop.

That explains it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've probably complained about this before, but it should be legal to kill people who put their luggage next to them on the escalator.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Franchescanado posted:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It really is an extremely well made webseries.

LesterGroans posted:

It's real drat good. I've been spreading the Unendurable Line episode around like crazy.

I love you guys.

Skwirl posted:

I've probably complained about this before, but it should be legal to kill people who put their luggage next to them on the escalator.

Agreed.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I have a deeply rooted hatred of people who stand still on the escalator so I can't even image how infuriating this must be.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll stand still on a 'scator if no one is behind me. Or if they are I'll stand to the side. Luggage goes one step above me, in front of me.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I've probably complained about this before, but it should be legal to kill people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I stand still on the escalator because I think it's fun.

• Locked thread