Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mazz posted:

My tier 4 minor isn't compatible in terms of garrisons/income because Steel Faith originally asked to just add it in and the new guy hasn't for TW2, but my answer is always I don't play overhauls and I'm not making patches for them, but anyone is free to do so if they want. I'd say just grab the file, check the PFM for any overwrites, then just say it may not line up and you have no plans to fix that.

The people who play Radious and SFO are exactly the kind of people who won't read the mod description at all before clicking on subscribe, so expect those questions forever. I just condescendingly toss in a comment about the mod description and my bolded paragraph about it every time I answer now.

I thought the new guy had said it they opted out of including it because most starting provinces are 8-10 slots now anyway so in the case of say Dwarves it's easier to cram in all those tier IV buildings now. They also fiddled around with garrison composition as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If rats moved in to a big fancy tower what might they call it?

Also an amphitheatre.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
:stare:

That Wind spell from the Lore of Heavens, when overcasted, melts enemy infantry. Easily the most kills I've ever had by a single unit, and I'm only playing on medium unit size for now.

I wish I wasn't too amazed to take screenshots during the battle. It was just Kroq-gar on Grymloq, the skink priest on a stegadon, and the feral stegadon wading through a street lovely infantry. There were rats flying everywhere!

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

John Charity Spring posted:

Are you sure that's a bug and not just that you reached the healing/regeneration limit on those units?

From what I’ve heard the bug in question is tied to the healing cap, but not in the way you’d think - apparently the spell doesn’t heal anything if the caster’s healing cap has been reached, regardless of if the target’s cap has been reached.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Has anyone run a successful Brettonia Mortal Empires campaign? I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. Took over Marianburg and the vampires who had cleared Lyonesse so I got the full province. My two problems are I forgot it would be difficult to confederate so I made friends with the other factions to my south and now I'm sort of landlocked. It seems my only options are clear the Skaeling to the North for no gain (although taking care of them before they get out of control would be good) or invade the High Elves. Is the best plan to just not befriend the other Brettonian states and go that way?

Also, it sucks trying to build income for them. So much is dependent upon getting two minor buildings rolling, but more than a third of the provinces have ports and they're all just two settlement provinces. So you're stuck with one free slot in your minor settlement unless you forgo walls, and it's making life painful on my income. It should even out over time as I get the other provinces rolling, but man it hurts early game.

nessin fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 14, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

sassassin posted:

Also an amphitheatre.

I thought the Skaven city gimmick was that they don't actually move into the city proper, but build up in the underway in places that just happen to always be underneath the other faction's cities. That's why their city maps are all underground and their garrison building is called "alarmed tunnels" or something like that. So, they don't move in to the big fancy tower ever. Plus, it'd be wide and open and in the sky and I don't think Skaven like that too much. To be fair, though, I haven't been attacked as Skaven in a settlement that I didn't take from Dwarfs or Greenskins so I might be wrong on that count. But to answer the question: "Stabby skyplace" and something fight-pit.

Though that's a good reason to have settlement maps that aren't walled. They don't have to be as strongly advantageous as the Wood Elf settlement map or walled sieges, but having a few maps that favor the defenders slightly (say, by letting them anchor a single flank) would be fun and if the Skaven are living only in the underway, its weird that attacking their settlements means open-field battles. Hopefully the map mods' claimed insistence on quality control will help with that.

nessin posted:

Also, it sucks trying to build income for them. So much is dependent upon getting two minor buildings rolling, but more than a third of the provinces have ports and they're all just two settlement provinces. So you're stuck with one free slot in your minor settlement unless you forgo walls, and it's making life painful on my income. It should even out over time as I get the other provinces rolling, but man it hurts early game.
Bretonnian minor settlements automatically get walls at T3, so you don't need to build garrison buildings in them. Also, I haven't played them in ME, but in WH1 it seemed like the other Bretonnian factions were more eager to confederate the higher your chivalry was. So get out there and start smashing some heads and the other Bretonnian factions will come into the fold. Skaeling are a good target, yes.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 14, 2017

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Anyone have any advice for a good ME Wood Elves starting plan for Durthu? I kind of fizzled out surrounded by enemies because my wood elf allies were useless and i only had one area to build. I'm going to restart after I've finished my VC playthrough. Should i just war with the other Welves right from the get go for their sweet sweet resources or play the long game and confederate?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I think one of my favorite minor details in this game is that as Skaven, you can hear an ongoing battle between your idiot rats when zooming on a settlement you own that is about to revolt.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Bedlam posted:

Anyone have any advice for a good ME Wood Elves starting plan for Durthu? I kind of fizzled out surrounded by enemies because my wood elf allies were useless and i only had one area to build. I'm going to restart after I've finished my VC playthrough. Should i just war with the other Welves right from the get go for their sweet sweet resources or play the long game and confederate?

kill the elves, they failed the forest. kill the dwarfs, they hurt the forest. kill the goblins they hurt the forest.

KILL THE BRETONNIANS. they are anti forest

move north, destroy all the Norscans.

move west, turn Ulthuan into more forest.

by this point you have 2-3 armies that can each solo 20+ full armies no problem because treekin are unstoppable.

Just imagine yourself as Treebeard but angrier, and also the WElves are just as bad as everyone else.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

sassassin posted:

Also an amphitheatre.

Bell-Place, make it do a shitton of skaven corruption

and yeah, fighting-pit

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Rookersh posted:

kill the elves, they failed the forest. kill the dwarfs, they hurt the forest. kill the goblins they hurt the forest.

by this point you have 2-3 armies that can each solo 20+ full armies no problem because treekin are unstoppable.

Just imagine yourself as Treebeard but angrier, and also the WElves are just as bad as everyone else.

the idiot child Orion might be useful. you can maybe hold off on confederating him. MAYBE.

the other two, though, yes, kill them.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Sounds like Elven Fratricide is the one true way of the forest. Thanks for the advice! :black101:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I play with SFO II and enjoy it. Sorry everyone. I like that it's compatible with the Mousillion, Tilea, BP, and Estalia mods now.

edit: I'm not a nazi either.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ravenfood posted:

I thought the Skaven city gimmick was that they don't actually move into the city proper, but build up in the underway in places that just happen to always be underneath the other faction's cities. That's why their city maps are all underground and their garrison building is called "alarmed tunnels" or something like that. So, they don't move in to the big fancy tower ever. Plus, it'd be wide and open and in the sky and I don't think Skaven like that too much. To be fair, though, I haven't been attacked as Skaven in a settlement that I didn't take from Dwarfs or Greenskins so I might be wrong on that count. But to answer the question: "Stabby skyplace" and something fight-pit.

I don't think there is an underway in Ulthuan.

Bedlam posted:

Sounds like Elven Fratricide is the one true way of the forest. Thanks for the advice! :black101:

No.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Elf murder is always the answer.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Midnightghoul posted:

I play with SFO II and enjoy it. Sorry everyone. I like that it's compatible with the Mousillion, Tilea, BP, and Estalia mods now.

If you haven't already, get GCCM maps and Brutal Battles for some FPS Destroying mayhem as your elite guys smash through oceans of Rats geysering out of some choke point.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

That’s exactly what a secret nazi would say!

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Panfilo posted:

I thought the new guy had said it they opted out of including it because most starting provinces are 8-10 slots now anyway so in the case of say Dwarves it's easier to cram in all those tier IV buildings now. They also fiddled around with garrison composition as well.

Idk if the guy had a reason for not, all I know is he didn't ask/include in TW2. It's more that I won't make the submods myself because then I have to care about their changes/releases and since I don't play with them I'm not doing that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm trying to do building effects for vampire and rat versions of the Yvresse landmarks but I have no idea how they play so it's a bit poo poo.

First stage (Desecrated Watchstone) adds faction corruption (more than the elf versions because they're going to be converting the province not just keeping chaos influence in check). Vampires get the local movement penalty cancelled out and ambush defence increase (vampires shouldn't be hindered by mists anyway), skaven don't because gently caress em this is funnier.

Second stage is the spire of the warden/overlord/rat prince of the heavens which adds public order and two mid-tier garrison units. No idea which.

Third tier (amphitheatre/fight pit) gives money to high elves in vanilla, and a whole load of random slave poo poo to darkies. No clue what would benefit/be cool for rats or vamps. If there's any good effects on existing buildings I could just copy/paste that'd be great.

I need ideas guys.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Rookersh posted:

I started an Orion ME campaign, and the other three WE factions each made an army of 17 units and have sat in their cities for 35 turns now. I'm thinking the slow start/build tall/confederate/diplomacy plan I liked in TWW1 for Orion might be made better with elf murder.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

NeurosisHead posted:

I started an Orion ME campaign, and the other three WE factions each made an army of 17 units and have sat in their cities for 35 turns now. I'm thinking the slow start/build tall/confederate/diplomacy plan I liked in TWW1 for Orion might be made better with elf murder.

This was my experience. They've been very unhelpful and refuse to confederate. I just want to make the forest great again, they don't share my vision.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I always found it much easier to leave them in peace while Orion went out rampaging in the east for sacks of cash.

Get the early tech to increase Bret relations, ally with all of them, use the amber to build the tree, easily confederate the rest of the forest, make all the money making wine, get bored and quit campaign when I have 5 full stack super armies and nothing worth fighting.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I made all the wood elves friends with tree dude and now I have six stacks roaming the earth, scouring it of everything offensive. This faction was difficult to understand until I realised burning everything makes money and there is not much of a real income stream so I'm just burning the world down and have 200k woodcoin in the back.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My Dark Elf game was very fun, but I don't think it was supposed to happen this way.

I was beating up the Norscans so much that I ended up becoming one of the good guys like the Empire and, weirdly, Teclis. While I was eating/enslaving/murdering all these vikings, Teclis fell in love with sweet little Malekith and we were on very good terms. When Tyrion decided to attack me with apparently 100% of his armies after taking over all of Ulthuan, I spanked all his idiot armies down and Teclis confederated him. So now I'm allied with Ulthuan.

I'm just launching black ark after black ark to various areas and sending all the slaves to my slave supercenters. Naggarond brings in 20k/turn and it's not even capped out on slaves.

I have yet to see a lizard or rat.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

sassassin posted:

I'm trying to do building effects for vampire and rat versions of the Yvresse landmarks but I have no idea how they play so it's a bit poo poo.

First stage (Desecrated Watchstone) adds faction corruption (more than the elf versions because they're going to be converting the province not just keeping chaos influence in check). Vampires get the local movement penalty cancelled out and ambush defence increase (vampires shouldn't be hindered by mists anyway), skaven don't because gently caress em this is funnier.

Second stage is the spire of the warden/overlord/rat prince of the heavens which adds public order and two mid-tier garrison units. No idea which.

Third tier (amphitheatre/fight pit) gives money to high elves in vanilla, and a whole load of random slave poo poo to darkies. No clue what would benefit/be cool for rats or vamps. If there's any good effects on existing buildings I could just copy/paste that'd be great.

I need ideas guys.

For Skaven, stormvermin would probably be a decent garrison unit to pick. Or gutter runner slingers if you're thinking more 'can shoot while doing wall defence'. Third tier could give food to skaven, you can justify that pretty easily and it's always a nice reward for building a landmark since food-producing buildings are few and far between. 3 food would work probably.

For Vampire Counts, the garrison unit could be grave guard or maybe vargheists? Vampires could use more money or maybe a boost to other income-producing buildings in the province since they like to build their income stuff (Vampire Crypts and Necromancer Libraries) in every provincial capital anyway so a percentage bonus is maybe even more valuable to them than just more money.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

jokes posted:

My Dark Elf game was very fun, but I don't think it was supposed to happen this way.

I was beating up the Norscans so much that I ended up becoming one of the good guys like the Empire and, weirdly, Teclis. While I was eating/enslaving/murdering all these vikings, Teclis fell in love with sweet little Malekith and we were on very good terms. When Tyrion decided to attack me with apparently 100% of his armies after taking over all of Ulthuan, I spanked all his idiot armies down and Teclis confederated him. So now I'm allied with Ulthuan.

I'm just launching black ark after black ark to various areas and sending all the slaves to my slave supercenters. Naggarond brings in 20k/turn and it's not even capped out on slaves.

I have yet to see a lizard or rat.

Congrats on simulating the Elven story-line of the End Times in your TW2 game.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
So what's TWC's take on the new historical announcements? Do they hate then like they hate all things (that aren't meticulous Slavic irredentism simulators)?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
TWC has been pretty irrelevant ever since CA switched over to the steam workshop.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grumio posted:

So what's TWC's take on the new historical announcements? Do they hate then like they hate all things (that aren't meticulous Slavic irredentism simulators)?

They're probably pissed it doesn't use the TW:M1 engine.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Grumio posted:

They are furious that

- it's not an attila dlc

- it's not medieval 3

- they aren't also fixing attila

- rome 2 sucks, why spend all this effort on rome 2 ( but just last week rome 2 was the best game ca has ever graced us with. )

So yeah, CA can never do right.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CA did right by me with this fantasy battle game for literal children that don't live in the real world of hardcore ancient military simulation.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

JBP posted:

CA did right by me with this fantasy battle game for literal children that don't live in the real world of hardcore ancient military simulation.

This kind of thing is why I would find it hilarious for them to release what appears to be a historical title, and then suddenly orcs (or skaven or something) attack Rome or Carthage or Japan or whatever historical thing. Can you imagine all the heads that would explode?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My favourite historical unit were Gallic druids with literal magic powers that ran as fast as a horse while wielding sickles.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So considering cities with 10 building slots and no legendary lord, to my recollection that's Itza, Khemri, and Lahmia. Will Itza have an LL, or is it just meant as a goodie for people who get that far into Lustria? I'd like Lord Kroak to be in the game, but my desire to play as sentient mummy will be satisfied by the Tomb Kings. A Skink LL would be nice.

Khemri will obviously be Settra. Lahmia? Arkhan the Black on a field trip? Somehow shoehorning Neferata there rather than in the Silver Pinnacle? Maybe pull a Von Carstein start and have Khalida begin in the smaller Lybaras?

Just out of curiosity, any Warhammer lore nerd know where they pulled the Silver Host faction from?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lt. Lizard posted:

Congrats on simulating the Elven story-line of the End Times in your TW2 game.

Did Malekith stop enslaving, looting, and raiding after taking the throne? Because I sure as poo poo didn't.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Well finally finished a campaign in this game. Turn 102 Welf win, would've been a lot more fun if I hadn't had to contend with literally every chaos stack beelining me, but I got a couple neat battles out of it. Generic tree lords+tree kin/men+lore of life is some OP poo poo, but Durthu best tree 10/10

I guess it factored in allied casualties but I took literally 3 losses in the final battle and got a close victory.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Grumio posted:

TWC and the Grognard crew are intent on proving to CA that no matter what CA does they'll bitch, moan and proclaim the end of Total War is nigh.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Any word on Norsca and quality of life poo poo patch?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

JBP posted:

Any word on Norsca and quality of life poo poo patch?

"Soon". Norsca probably need quite a bit of work on the campaign map since one of their core mechanics (totems to the different gods) doesn't really work in TW2's ruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That shouldn't effect them, beastmen and chaos make the same little "totems" over ruins and it doesn't change anything.

The real problem is how their tech tree and quest battles are focused solely on the old world and specific cities, meanwhile I think you'd very much want norscans to be going on special hunts for dinosaurs.