Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean yeah, to reddit he is.
If he really wanted to be a Reddit Hero, he'd have punched both the Bro and the "stereotypical Girl" before everyone stood up and clapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Danaru posted:

One Free Punch (self.MaliciousCompliance)

What a hero! :cripes: jesus loving christ reddit

"One free punch you say!?"

How about "no gently caress you I'm going back in for a drink" if he just wanted to get away anyway.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean yeah, to reddit he is.

Haha, he sure got that evil manipulative bitch!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

kimbo305 posted:

Haha, he sure got that evil manipulative bitch!

I bet she's had sex. I bet she's even had sex with more than one guy that wasn't the writer.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void

Danaru posted:

One Free Punch (self.MaliciousCompliance)

What a hero! :cripes: jesus loving christ reddit
Cool buddy I liked Way of the Gun too.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Boys literally don't write like that. She might as well have put hearts instead of dots on the I's

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Boys literally don't write like that. She might as well have put hearts instead of dots on the I's

Jorge can be a girl's name.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Paladinus posted:

Jorge can be a girl's name.

No, I said "whore, hey!"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is why I do my Let’s Read threads with a Kindle copy: plastic is hard to chew.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
OK, I know the epilogue of the last Harry Potter book was kind of dumb, but no need to eat your book over it.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Maybe it was The Mystery of Edwin Drood.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

This is why I do my Let’s Read threads with a Kindle copy: plastic is hard to chew.

Yeah, and the last couple LR's you've done would be more poisonous then the petroleum byproducts.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Judging by the quality of this guy's writing, I'm guessing his book's ending won't be "bang on" at all. Nor will the rest of the book.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone who calls themselves a "writer" is an insufferable idiot and has also never written a book. Source: my undergraduate

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I don't call myself a writer. No, I like to think of myself as an explorer of the imagination :smug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only way I'd believe someone had that reaction to a book ending is if they were reading something by Stephen King.

also was the book torn in half or did he tear pages out one by one? Make up your mind, "writer".

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only way I'd believe someone had that reaction to a book ending is if they were reading something by Stephen King.

"Pac Man eating space time"

:stonk:

Well alright then.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Anyone who calls themselves a "writer" is an insufferable idiot and has also never written a book. Source: my undergraduate

I call myself a writer.

Of good posts :smug: (the rest still applies tho)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Fathis Munk posted:

I call myself a writer.

Of good posts :smug: (the rest still applies tho)

Lmao that you self-publish

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pththya-lyi posted:

Judging by the quality of this guy's writing, I'm guessing his book's ending won't be "bang on" at all. Nor will the rest of the book.

I just noticed he described the guy chewing pages until they were “palpable”. Was it an ethereal book that his teeth were grinding out of the 7th dimension?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I'm a writer. A dreamweaver. A visionary. And you are now entering.... my post place

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

If it was "immediately obvious" they lied on their resume, why did the interview still last 2 hours?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, I've always dreamed of one day reaching the position of Rebekah, but there's some fierce competition.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I appreciate the modesty of Rebekah, as opposed to Code Tzar, Digital Prophet, Chief Troublemaker or the like.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

:argh: Beat me to it.

You know it's fake when even redditors are calling troll.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Of course it's loving fake, because if you're spending so much time interviewing that you have to bill the candidates who don't make the cut, you have no business owning anything and you're gonna be closing up shop in a year anyway.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
If some random dude whispered that to me as he was handing me something, there is no way I would be smiling. Well, maybe a nervous "what the gently caress is this dude on" smile...

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Was he saying it to the person or the drink?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Of course it's loving fake, because if you're spending so much time interviewing that you have to bill the candidates who don't make the cut, you have no business owning anything and you're gonna be closing up shop in a year anyway.

I mean, people who have no business owning things owning things is pretty believable.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean, people who have no business owning things owning things is pretty believable.

Yeah but also it's way too detailed and personal, it reads like somebody who has never received any form of bill or professional correspondence.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah it's hard to believe the interview was so bad that they had an employee, on the company's dime, write up a specific and detailed letter with sufficient legal force to demand payment from the interviewee. Although it's kind of fun to imagine how bad it would have to have been.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My last interview lasted about 45 minutes, I think, and I got the drat job. There's no way two managers and a Rebekah (lol) would waste two whole hours on someone who was "obviously" not qualified for the position.

A candidate that bad, you wrap it up in half an hour, thank them for coming in, and send them on their way with a "we'll be in touch". I can't imagine an interview so bad that you'd want to bill for it, but I can definitely buy an interviewer being so incompetent that they don't know how to end the interview gracefully so it just drags on until they run out of questions.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Nov 15, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My last interview lasted about 45 minutes, I think, and I got the drat job. There's no way two managers and a Rebekah (lol) would waste two whole hours on someone who was "obviously" not qualified for the position.

We interviewed someone for a stockroom position last week for about 2 hours. This included being told that we'd take him for the job, showing him around, and letting him meet everyone.

As paperwork was being discussed, he suddenly put his head down on the table for like 30 seconds. He got up and said "I'm sorry, God told me I need to work for Spectrum instead" and walked out.

After being chased down and asked what the gently caress was going on, he explained how he's been saved and said that God personally told him that he shouldn't take this job, and should instead take a different job offer. He apologized for wasting everyone's time and then walked out. At least we were warned that he's a lunatic?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

chitoryu12 posted:

We interviewed someone for a stockroom position last week for about 2 hours. This included being told that we'd take him for the job, showing him around, and letting him meet everyone.

As paperwork was being discussed, he suddenly put his head down on the table for like 30 seconds. He got up and said "I'm sorry, God told me I need to work for Spectrum instead" and walked out.

After being chased down and asked what the gently caress was going on, he explained how he's been saved and said that God personally told him that he shouldn't take this job, and should instead take a different job offer. He apologized for wasting everyone's time and then walked out. At least we were warned that he's a lunatic?

Source your quotes

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, but you were ready to hire him. You wouldn't have kept him around for two hours if he'd opened with the whole "God speaks to me personally and directly" thing.

You definitely got a hell of a story out of it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Olive! posted:

Source your quotes

Honestly, we've had some of the strangest people come through the crane industry.

On Friday a guy called to let us know that he thought a question on an exam was wrong. He spent about 5 minutes ranting about how badly we'd get sued (cutting off any attempts by us to speak) and managed to whip himself up into such a frenzy of anger that he started demanding to speak to the owner before he actually told us what the question was. When I told him that there wasn't anyone of higher authority in the building and to just tell us what the complaint was, he hung up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Jayme posted:

If some random dude whispered that to me as he was handing me something, there is no way I would be smiling. Well, maybe a nervous "what the gently caress is this dude on" smile...

I have had one or two creepy baristas try poo poo like that ("you have a beautiful soul") and what you generally do in that situation is give the standard "don't escalate DON'T ESCALATE" smile no eye contact and back away and never come back