Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
For me, it's just the fact that people were so desperate to bury Trump last year that a lot of the episode ended up bein old hat. The closer the story got to the present day, the more it was "yeah this is very familiar".

The bit at the end about the guy voting for Trump was backbreaking, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Since they have done both Jackson and Trump now they should think about doing more presidents. Like some of the obscure shitheads like John Tyler, who became the first accidental president, destroyed the Whig party's reputation and joined the confederate senate at the end of his life. Or James Buchanan, who fell upwards his entire life, got the presidency because of this and sat on his hands his entire term without doing anything about the approaching Civil War.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Or some old crazy corruption stories. He's talked about doing Teapot Dome in the past, and that'd be something new.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Apes-Ma posted:

who fell upwards his entire life, got the presidency because of this and sat on his hands his entire term without doing anything about the approaching Civil War.

Yo check out #300

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Trump didn't really fail upwards; he just has one play in his playbook, which is "Bully people with less resources than you". Granted, it's a play that anyone with enough money and zero empathy can run.

The Dollop could do nothing but stories about con artists until the end of time and I'd be happy as a clam.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I really want them to go to Scotland, just so we can get a Gregor McGregor episode.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Binowru posted:

Maybe I'm just jaded after so many Dollops, maybe it was too long, maybe I'm just tired of hearing about Trump, but I was a little...underwhelmed? I thought the Uber episode was a much better "crazy bullshit going on right now" episode.

Honestly, it's because trump's poo poo isn't crazy bullshit. He literally just lies and bullies everyone around him while getting handed a free pass constantly. He is the welfare queen of america. He wouldn't be poo poo without daddy's money. Wouldn't have gotten anywhere if he wasn't a stooge for the mafia. He brags about everything he's done, but all he, personally, has done is poo poo on people who work harder than him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Trump is the living embodiment of white, male americanism

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I really want them to go to Scotland, just so we can get a Gregor McGregor episode.

He tried to conquer the rear end end of Florida that's close enough to a US story.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I'm just at the end of the first part but man is this subs title fitting for this podcast or at least this episode. They really need to hire a sound guy. Listening while driving and Dave talking low and then Garry yelling all of a sudden is pretty painful.

Also, the part where they talk about usfl, do they come back to that or is that it? Cause he sued the league and won like a dollar which is pretty great.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I agree about the soundguy. I don't bother listening to the Dollop using headphones because it's too jarring.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There was one about four episodes back that was so painful to listen to in the car that I barely made it through. I'm no prissy audiophile but I was surprised they released it like that.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The massacre one or the Errol Flynn one? Both were very rough.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i've never had a problem listening at home, whenever i try to play one for a friend while carpooling though....

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
its really impressive that someone can be a loud idiot bully at 5 years old and remain a loud idiot bully for the next 66 years of their life, sustaining themselves by borrowing money and not paying it back, hiring services and not paying, and occasionally receiving lots of free money from dad

i feel like ive been living my life completely wrong

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want to suggest Louis Riel to the Dollop, but for some reason their website just doesn't work for me.

He was a leader during the Metis rebellion in Canada who thought he was a prophet of God. He lived in America for a while.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want to suggest Louis Riel to the Dollop, but for some reason their website just doesn't work for me.

He was a leader during the Metis rebellion in Canada who thought he was a prophet of God. He lived in America for a while.

They did a dollop about Acadia, which reminded me a lot about him.

Chester Brown made a nice graphic novel about him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

mrfart posted:

They did a dollop about Acadia, which reminded me a lot about him.

Chester Brown made a nice graphic novel about him.

Yeah, that was a pretty good episode.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

I agree about the soundguy. I don't bother listening to the Dollop using headphones because it's too jarring.

You should really finish part 2 of the Trump episode. They sit and talk to their sound engineer because he's so distraught. He even gets on mic.

That's right, they've had a sound guy for months now. Just not when they're on tour, which is when the episodes with jarring sound happen. You'd think their engineer would work around that, but wherever they record is no Earwolf studios or anything.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Is that who Erin was? I assumed he was a contest winner or a relative of some sort.

edit: duck you autocorrect

double edit: poo poo

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 15, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

Is that who Erin was? I assumed he was a contest winner or a relative of some sort.

edit: duck you autocorrect

double edit: poo poo

Yes, Erin is their audio engineer.

He's Engineer Cody Erin.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Franchescanado posted:

That's right, they've had a sound guy for months now

This is really surprising because some of the non-live ones really suck too. Carl Tanzler sounded like poo poo. I just figured they weren't bothering to try since tons of other less popular podcasts sound great.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

This is really surprising because some of the non-live ones really suck too. Carl Tanzler sounded like poo poo. I just figured they weren't bothering to try since tons of other less popular podcasts sound great.

Pretty sure those are the episodes recorded while they're on tour, in their hotel room, I think with an iPhone (because Dave forgot to bring recording equipment).

I'm pretty sure they started recording in the studio on the episode before Gareth's mom visits and dropped the Lil Garfy story, because that was for-sure recorded in a studio.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

LentThem posted:

its really impressive that someone can be a loud idiot bully at 5 years old and remain a loud idiot bully for the next 66 years of their life, sustaining themselves by borrowing money and not paying it back, hiring services and not paying, and occasionally receiving lots of free money from dad

i feel like ive been living my life completely wrong

Trump’s quote about him being the same now as he was when he was 3 is literally the most truthful, self aware thing he ever said.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's good to know they brought someone on, that it's just going to be an issue with ones on the road.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Trump really is just the personification of the obsession with capitalism. Everyone has always known intrinsically that the rules don't apply to the rich, Trump just realised that you don't even need to pretend anymore, because everyone is so accepting of the system.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

Pretty sure those are the episodes recorded while they're on tour, in their hotel room, I think with an iPhone (because Dave forgot to bring recording equipment).

I'm pretty sure they started recording in the studio on the episode before Gareth's mom visits and dropped the Lil Garfy story, because that was for-sure recorded in a studio.

Recording in the studio is the worst because it means no more Jose, random lawnmowers, or Daves kid dropping shade on Gary.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Well Jose's not that big. I'm sure if they rent a flatbed they can get him into the studio occasionally.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
You say that like it's easy, but think about the supply line. You'd need a stable source of sustenance in order to maintain José's body mass while he's in the studio.

It's a delicate ecosystem you're messing with here.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Update: José has developed a taste for human flesh

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbFll1xFdgh/

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

This is my favorite Jose update, thanks for reposting it here.

I have never seen a cat do that before. I thought that was a puppy thing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It's weird to think I know about a cat's entire lifespan from mentions on a history comedy podcast.

I know José better than I know some pets my family has owned.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JethroMcB posted:

So how long until gary vanishes and the cat just quietly replaces him as the second commentary?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
José would only be interested in the history of delicious backpacks.

Meow!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Gareths mom dropping that nickname burn is among the best things I've heard in my life

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

woah, new intro?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

AriadneThread posted:

woah, new intro?

Yeah I think they asked people which soundbites they wanted in there, but I don't know if it's based on what was most liked.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
No "Garfy"?

dougdougdougdoug
Jun 10, 2016

MonsieurChoc posted:

They don't have a place to submit on their website but he's said it on twitter a lot.

thedolloppodcast@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's probably too soon for them to do a dollop about the guy who was just busted for conducting trials of an experimental vaccine without getting government permission, but only because we're still finding out just how bad things are.

https://khn.org/news/years-before-heading-offshore-herpes-researcher-experimented-on-people-in-u-s/