Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Davethulhu posted:

Also it looks like they just gave everyone 80 shards towards Kylo (old Kylo) as a cross promo for Battlefront 2.

Maybe I can finally wipe this lovely loving snowtrooper off my Dark Side squad.

Is Power a useful thing or is it just a number? My Ewok is like 100+ more than my FO Tie Pilot but I find the TIE Pilot way more useful on mixed squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I got the notification for Kylo Ren, but no shards. EA support said “I can definitely fix this” and then wasn’t able to fix it and told me to wait 24 hours. I was all pumped when I saw it too because I haven’t had a chance to unlock him yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

D34THROW posted:

Maybe I can finally wipe this lovely loving snowtrooper off my Dark Side squad.

Is Power a useful thing or is it just a number? My Ewok is like 100+ more than my FO Tie Pilot but I find the TIE Pilot way more useful on mixed squads.

It's just a number, but it reflects the over-all skill, gear, and star investment in a toon, so something with higher power is "better" than something with lower power, but this doesn't take squad synergy or kit into consideration.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chilichimp posted:

It's just a number, but it reflects the over-all skill, gear, and star investment in a toon, so something with higher power is "better" than something with lower power, but this doesn't take squad synergy or kit into consideration.

Using Zetas also increases the number. I added a Zeta to Savage and he went from like #10 to #2 on my Power ranking.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hockles posted:

Using Zetas also increases the number. I added a Zeta to Savage and he went from like #10 to #2 on my Power ranking.

That’s skill level.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CaptainPsyko posted:

That’s skill level.

I definitely also gained like 2,000 points to the Power # above his head.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So what zeta should I go for next? I have Zader, R2-D2's number crunch, and zFinn. I'm debating between CLS Binds All Things, or Raid Han's double tap.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

So what zeta should I go for next? I have Zader, R2-D2's number crunch, and zFinn. I'm debating between CLS Binds All Things, or Raid Han's double tap.

IBATs is loving nuts.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hockles posted:

I definitely also gained like 2,000 points to the Power # above his head.

Yes. Because you increased the level of a skill. Which is what Chillichimp posted.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
YO RC Cola, What the gently caress?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Hey I quit. I may have deleted channels trying to quit them. Sorry. One of our guild mates just died in rl. Not in a super good place atm. Sorry. Later.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Hey I quit. I may have deleted channels trying to quit them. Sorry. One of our guild mates just died in rl. Not in a super good place atm. Sorry. Later.

Sorry for your troubles.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Sorry for your troubles.

Sorry I hosed up the channels

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

RC Cola posted:

It's okay. We can rebuild them. We have the technology.

Also, more importantly :sympathy:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

We'll get over it easier than what you're going through.

Stay safe, brother.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Channels are already all fixed, don't worry about it. I did kick you when I realized you were deleting things, speak up if you want back in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

Real sorry to hear that. Let us know if you ever want back in. In the meantime, take care of yourself.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Alrighty boyos, more questions. Coming back to the game after a long break I am noticing some of the same problems that drove me to frustration in the first place, which does not surprise me, but does make me want to plan well and set reasonable expecations.

Here is my roster for reference: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena is difficult for me. I can't break the 300s very well. A large part of this, other than whales, is that I skipped the last year and haven't been gearing people up. So I guess the first question is, who do I prioritize gear for? I've been running Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan, and Palpatine. Do I struggle to gear them or just wait until I farm up other characters?

Which leads to question two, now that more characters have been added and previously premium characters are now farmable, who are the new top priorities? At the moment I'm rushing all the Phoenix, which is the only reason I started playing again, so that will continue. But what after? I hear Finn is good now. And there are more Ewoks and Droids and that's exciting. But what's good? There are a lot of new empire and rebel dudes I don't know jack about.

And not knowing jack leads to ships, which I've asked about already. Unless it dumb I'm gonna focus on starting up ships to meet the challenge requirements, slowly leveling them up with their crew.

So emphasis on who is good? and who to gear? thus trying to prioritize my farming.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You probably don't have enough time to farm up Phoenix Squad to unlock Thrawn, but that should definitely be a target for you. They're not really viable at your level for arena, but Thrawn is probably the best character in the game who isn't Commander Luke.

To get Luke you're going to need a 7* R2-D2 so your targets should be getting a 7* Empire squad (for R2) and 7* Phoenix squad (for Thrawn).

The good news is you have 7* for a couple of the characters you're gonna need for CLS (STH and Leia) so you just need to max out Old Ben and Farmboy Luke on top of getting a 7* R2. But we don't know when CLS is coming back so you still have time there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Alrighty boyos, more questions. Coming back to the game after a long break I am noticing some of the same problems that drove me to frustration in the first place, which does not surprise me, but does make me want to plan well and set reasonable expecations.

Here is my roster for reference: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena is difficult for me. I can't break the 300s very well. A large part of this, other than whales, is that I skipped the last year and haven't been gearing people up. So I guess the first question is, who do I prioritize gear for? I've been running Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan, and Palpatine. Do I struggle to gear them or just wait until I farm up other characters?

Which leads to question two, now that more characters have been added and previously premium characters are now farmable, who are the new top priorities? At the moment I'm rushing all the Phoenix, which is the only reason I started playing again, so that will continue. But what after? I hear Finn is good now. And there are more Ewoks and Droids and that's exciting. But what's good? There are a lot of new empire and rebel dudes I don't know jack about.

And not knowing jack leads to ships, which I've asked about already. Unless it dumb I'm gonna focus on starting up ships to meet the challenge requirements, slowly leveling them up with their crew.

So emphasis on who is good? and who to gear? thus trying to prioritize my farming.

First off, Wiggs is still cool and good, as is Lando.

You want to farm 5 7* Empire so you can unlock R2D2.
You need R2 D2, STH, Leia, Farmboy Luke, and Old Ben to unlock Command Luke Skywalker.
You need Phoenix to unlock Thrawn.

Those three above are the core of most top tier arena teams. That's fuckin' 15 character you need to get to 7*, and that's a slow grind.

Meantime, Wiggs/Lando is a good dmg core for most content, so just keep it up. Old Ben is probably a better tank than STH for Arena, but you can and should probably start buying Baze shards from the shop for 150 crystals/3 shards. Even at 4 stars he's mean as poo poo. Chirrut from fleet is also a priority farm.

Wiggs/Chaze/Lando should hold you over as a project while you're getting CLS/R2/Thrawn going.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Ok, so I'm gonna farm Phoenix, then finish off Ben and Luke. What Empire should I be working on? And, can I assume there will likely be a Crystal sale around the next movie? I'd buy some Crystals on sale to start working on Baze, but up to this point I've been slowly depleting my crystal supply on Cantina energy 'cause there is so much to farm there.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

WerrWaaa posted:

Ok, so I'm gonna farm Phoenix, then finish off Ben and Luke. What Empire should I be working on? And, can I assume there will likely be a Crystal sale around the next movie? I'd buy some Crystals on sale to start working on Baze, but up to this point I've been slowly depleting my crystal supply on Cantina energy 'cause there is so much to farm there.

I think the general consensus is you need a pretty solid empire team (g9ish plus) to get R2. Just grab the guys that are closest and you should be fine with an arena EP lead. TFP, RG, Vader, Tarkin are all still good and snowtrooper got a rework and he's good now too. Of the newer standard empire, Deathtrooper is dope.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Tarkin, TIE Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper, you already have Palpatine, and you may well have Thrawn. How's your Vader looking?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Perf. Will add Deathtrooper to the farming list. Guild Events are new to me-- explain them? And should I spend those credits on Baze? Yoda? Gear? Hookers?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Perf. Will add Deathtrooper to the farming list. Guild Events are new to me-- explain them? And should I spend those credits on Baze? Yoda? Gear? Hookers?

I'd recommend Baze shards and then Carbantis/Holosims/Stun Guns/Cuffs to help gear you phoenix to G8+.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have a friend running my account for the guild. I may be back one day. Thanks friends.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Tarkin, TIE Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper, you already have Palpatine, and you may well have Thrawn. How's your Vader looking?

Mediocre. How strong (star, level, gear) do these characters have to be to get R2?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gear 9-ish, might be able to go lower if you have good mods on them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Mediocre. How strong (star, level, gear) do these characters have to be to get R2?

You need'em at 7* to get R2 at 7*, which is required to even unlock CLS.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It helps that R2 is yet another of the absolute best characters in the game.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mister Blueberry posted:

You can also go with Jedi, zQGJ lead, but it's pretty unreliable. Just get a friend with a g12 Commander luke and let your counters work wonders.

This is my plan. Problem is that I need to actually survive to dumbshit AOE spamfest. To that end, the goal is Wiggs(L), Lando, R2, and some tank. SRP seems like he'd be good for offense down to neuter the AOE, but I should also consider Old Ben because I need him for CLS and ability block can do the same drat thing.

edit: For consideration, I easily three-starred the final tier of Cantina battles and Dark Side HM with my nightsisters. Resurrection doesn't give a poo poo who you kill. (Also I guess I didn't technically three star one of them because Asajj got merked by Kylo Ren but there's no shards on that node anyway so who cares).

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 15, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

WerrWaaa posted:

What Empire should I be working on?

There is not a lot of empire you CAN work on.

Easy farms:
-Stormtrooper (cantina credits)
-GMT (Squad arena)
-Magma Trooper (GW, but poo poo)
-TFP (Cantina)
RG (Cantina, don't use this guy AND stormtrooper)
-Death Trooper (cantina, but very late and expensive on energy, so maybe not easy)

Then there are some you can work towards but technically not farm:
-Palpie
-Thrawn
-Vader

Then you have "farmable" but its going to take you forever:
-Veers
-Snowtrooer
-Shoretrooper
-Krennic

I breezed through 7* R2 with
-Palpie lead (GL10)
-TFP (GL10)
-GMT (GL9)
-StT (GL9)
-Thrawn (GL9)
and poo poo mods. Stormtrooper didn't even have mods.

You are going to want to get Thrawn anyways since he is one of the best dudes in the game, and getting Thrawn means you can get Palpie since any squad that can get Thrawn can steamroll Palpie. For your other 3, TFP, and GMT are great. You want GMT for fleet and TFP for Rancor later on so those are not wasted farms.
The last spot could be DT, RG or StT, though all 3 of those conflict with farming Phoenix. If you are able to get Vader in here that would be good as his farm does not conflict with anyone else that you need.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I have 7* Palpatine, Tarkin, RG, and Magma (blech). So, here is the plan, then. Farm Phoenix; use them to get Thrawn. With Thrawn in my Empire line up get R2. With R2, get Commander Luke. Phoenix > Empire > Episode 4 Rebels.

Let me break this down by location so I can wrap my head around it.

Cantina: Hera > Deathrooper* > Luke/Ben
Light Side: Baze > Luke > Finn (I hear he is good now?) > Stormtrooper
Dark Side: Sabine > TFP > Falcon > Stormtrooper
Cantina Shop: Chopper
Shipments: Chirrut
Galactic War: Zeb
Arena Shop: Kanan
Guild Shop: Sabine
Events Shop: Chirrut > Baze
Ship Shop: Chirrut > SHIPS! > Vader**

*Cantina: Deathrooper, Tie Pilot, or Super Commando? Or gently caress it and wait for Thrawn to be my fifth? I am relying on Magma now but I can prob get Vader to 7* soon if I want to.

**Is Vader more important than ships? I'm way behind in this ships game, and am very, very slowly trying to four star a few from each LS and DS for the challenges.

Now, I think I asked this before but I cannot remember the answer: How in the hell am I supposed to three star the final stages of LS/DS/Cantina? I can't even beat the drat things. zFinn, yeah? He might bump up the priority list then. What teams need to come after all this nonsense? Resistance? How cool are Sith / Droid / Ewok, etc teams these days? I assume not meta at all, but fun?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

There is not a lot of empire you CAN work on.

Easy farms:
-Stormtrooper (cantina credits)
-GMT (Squad arena)
-Magma Trooper (GW, but poo poo)
-TFP (Cantina)
RG (Cantina, don't use this guy AND stormtrooper)
-Death Trooper (cantina, but very late and expensive on energy, so maybe not easy)

Then there are some you can work towards but technically not farm:
-Palpie
-Thrawn
-Vader

Then you have "farmable" but its going to take you forever:
-Veers
-Snowtrooer
-Shoretrooper
-Krennic

I breezed through 7* R2 with
-Palpie lead (GL10)
-TFP (GL10)
-GMT (GL9)
-StT (GL9)
-Thrawn (GL9)
and poo poo mods. Stormtrooper didn't even have mods.

You are going to want to get Thrawn anyways since he is one of the best dudes in the game, and getting Thrawn means you can get Palpie since any squad that can get Thrawn can steamroll Palpie. For your other 3, TFP, and GMT are great. You want GMT for fleet and TFP for Rancor later on so those are not wasted farms.
The last spot could be DT, RG or StT, though all 3 of those conflict with farming Phoenix. If you are able to get Vader in here that would be good as his farm does not conflict with anyone else that you need.

RG also has two hard nodes, which takes forever, but one available super early on so it kind of balances out. There are a ton more important characters to use cantina energy on, at least in my experience.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

WerrWaaa posted:

I have 7* Palpatine, Tarkin, RG, and Magma (blech). So, here is the plan, then. Farm Phoenix; use them to get Thrawn. With Thrawn in my Empire line up get R2. With R2, get Commander Luke. Phoenix > Empire > Episode 4 Rebels.

Let me break this down by location so I can wrap my head around it.

Cantina: Hera > Deathrooper* TFP > Luke/Ben <---After Luke and Ben, go for Finn, then Kylo.
Light Side: Baze > Luke > Finn (I hear he is good now?) > Stormtrooper <--- Not sure what you mean here? Stormtrooper is from Cantina Credits. If you mean hard nodes you should farm FOST, FOTP and Rey from those
Dark Side: Sabine > TFP > Falcon > Stormtrooper <--- Not sure what you mean here? Stormtrooper is from Cantina Credits. If you mean hard nodes you should farm FOST, FOTP and Rey from those
Shipments: Chirrut <--- No need to spend crystals for Chirrut, rather spend them for Baze if you want to spend crystals, though i'd pick Darth Nihilus over both.
Arena Shop: Kanan <--- After Kanan, GMT (iirc you have Leia and STH at 7*)
Guild Shop: Sabine <---- No, Guild Shop priority is Rey, Resistance Trooper, Jyn, Rex. Do not buy Sabine yet.
Galactic War: Zeb <--- Then Phasma (BB8) and Resistance Pilot (GW/TB)

[quote="WerrWaaa" post="478422606"]
*Cantina: Deathrooper, Tie Pilot, or Super Commando? Or gently caress it and wait for Thrawn to be my fifth? I am relying on Magma now but I can prob get Vader to 7* soon if I want to.

I would pick TFP from Cantina, instead of DT. TFP is farmed twice as fast and to get CLS (commander luke) you need to farm TWO more dudes from cantina.
I would also use Thrawn as your FOURTH and TFP as your fifth, and kick magma trooper out.

WerrWaaa posted:

**Is Vader more important than ships? I'm way behind in this ships game, and am very, very slowly trying to four star a few from each LS and DS for the challenges.

Vader himself is not all that good. zVader is one of the meta setups for HAAT but other than that he has no current meta uses. His ship is very good though, so by that reason alone he is worth to 7*. Fleet credits should be funelled into 5x DS 5* ships and 3 5* other ships so you can start doing the Zeta challenge. You need 8x 5* ships for Zeta challenge as well as GMT's ship at 5*, but to get GMT ship to 5* you need 5x DS ships at 5*.

WerrWaaa posted:

Now, I think I asked this before but I cannot remember the answer: How in the hell am I supposed to three star the final stages of LS/DS/Cantina? I can't even beat the drat things. zFinn, yeah? He might bump up the priority list then. What teams need to come after all this nonsense? Resistance? How cool are Sith / Droid / Ewok, etc teams these days? I assume not meta at all, but fun?

You 3-star them with a zFinn resistance team and a G11/12 CLS ally.

Resistance lead by zFinn are spectacular, the best, for GW and TB, but pretty crap in Squad Arena. You do want them for GW as eventually GW will be unbeatable without them and GW is a great source of credits and tokens or shard shop credits.

You want a resistance team (zFinn, Resistance Pilot, Resistance Trooper, R2D2 and Poe/BB8/Rey in the last slot) for GW and TB
You want a FO team (Kylo, FOST, FOTP, FOO and Phasma) to be able to get BB8
"Jedi" Rey is coming soon, and the requirements are likely going to be Finn, BB8, Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie (as well as Scavenger Rey which the have already confirmed)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 15, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

RC Cola posted:

I have a friend running my account for the guild. I may be back one day. Thanks friends.

Good luck with everything you're going through.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

You 3-star them with a zFinn resistance team and a G11/12 CLS ally.

Even easier than this is to use zFinn resistance and borrow an ally Poe with 270 speed (find someone that runs them in arena. I think there’s a goon or two?)

Then Poe will go first and start the expose train rolling and you dont even need to survive that first AoE onslaught the way you normally do with a borrowed Luke.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Today's TB ship platoons can potentially require a 4 star TIE Silencer or FO SF TIE.

Ha ha, eat dicks, EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Nipponophile posted:

Today's TB ship platoons can potentially require a 4 star TIE Silencer or FO SF TIE.

Ha ha, eat dicks, EA.

I'd say TB couldn't get worse but they had those stupid Ewoks you couldn't possibly raise in there for the entirety so... TB is bad as hell and sucks!