Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Man, that's a loving bummer if it winds up being true. We'll have to start hitting up Inspire shows for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

If I remember right Wrestlecircus started because the money mark had a cancer scare and wanted to fulfill his dream of being a wrestling promoter.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Phenix Rising posted:

Man, that's a loving bummer if it winds up being true. We'll have to start hitting up Inspire shows for sure.

they are very good! ACH just got one of their main titles, and was in an insane five way. Delilah Doom will be back for the next show, and it's always paced and put together well so you're not aching to leave like Wrestle Circus. You won't see many big names, but Andy Dalton, Terale Tempo, Cody Lane, Gary Jay, Matthew Palmer, and Allie Cat are the usual regulars. They still keep popping around venues, but the next show is in January.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

they are very good! ACH just got one of their main titles, and was in an insane five way. Delilah Doom will be back for the next show, and it's always paced and put together well so you're not aching to leave like Wrestle Circus. You won't see many big names, but Andy Dalton, Terale Tempo, Cody Lane, Gary Jay, Matthew Palmer, and Allie Cat are the usual regulars. They still keep popping around venues, but the next show is in January.

I do love me some Andy Dalton. My first exposure to him was in WC and was always bummed he didn't show up more often. We'll have to see if we can make it out in January!

Edit: the January show has ACH vs Shane Strickland so I'm definitely going to have to make it now.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 15, 2017

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you have Powerbomb you can now watch Shane Strickland vs. Cedric Alexander, maybe the best match I’ve seen live
https://twitter.com/powerbombtv/status/930815380804788225

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shane Strickland has put out a serious body of work. Keep an eye on him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He's been my favorite part of Wrestle Circus. His entrance alone is a killer.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Strickland's Hell of War match against AR Fox in LU was loving insane

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Strickland's Hell of War match against AR Fox in LU was loving insane

It was great but the super obvious editing plus Striker kind of hurt it in a few places

Like poo poo just magically teleported around at points and Strickland's back goes from being bloody and cut up to looking pretty OK in the span of a few minutes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 15, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Phenix Rising posted:

He's been my favorite part of Wrestle Circus. His entrance alone is a killer.

Any one who comes out to Chaka khan is good by me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

It was great but the super obvious editing plus Striker kind of hurt it in a few places

Like poo poo just magically teleported around at points and Strickland's back goes from being bloody and cut up to looking pretty OK in the span of a few minutes.

LU's camera work is so spastic I can't watch it. And Striker is possibly the worst announcer since Michael Cole. So Lucha Underground could put on a legit MOTY and I won't care. I'd rather watch cell phone video of some parking lot lucha child deathmatch before I'd watch Lucha Underground.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/930877988635332609

Promo of the year has been clinched.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Evolve going back to intemissions sucks; the 2/2.5 hour shows were the best part of the promotion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/930965967101886465

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

coconono posted:

Shane Strickland has put out a serious body of work. Keep an eye on him.

He did an amazing match against Jordan Devlin at an Over The Top kid friendly show, absolutely amazing wrestler. No one knew who he was (well a few but not many) and he blew everyone away.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/mikeVSphilly/status/932087175486824449

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Why does Austin Aries look like Karl Anderson lost an unhealthy amount of weight now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish I could give Aries' wrestling acumen to someone who talks well but is mediocre in the ring. Because he's an insufferable twat.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If any of you fancy a bit of BritWres in an actual bingo hall tonight, Attack pro are streaming their show tonight on facebook (first bell at 7.30ish)

It's success will be entirely based on the cameramans 4G signal so I'm totally expecting it to crash and burn, but you never know

https://www.facebook.com/ATTACKProWrestling/

Travis Banks, Eddie Dennis, Damian Dunne, Flash, Lykos, Ozzy Open, Ryan Smile, Sexsmith, El Phantasmo, etc etc, so should be a good un

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 19, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Ring of Honor Executive Greg Gilliend contacted PWInsider to issue the following statement this afternoon:

"It was brought to my attention that Floslam or Floslam representatives were fraudulently covering our San Antonio event yesterday, streaming video and posting photos to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This has created an illusion that we are somehow working with them. Ring of Honor are in no way affiliated with Floslam and their actions yesterday were unauthorized."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etGjVPi_DGE&t=2s

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Somebody summarize that because I'm not watching 12 minutes of Austin Aries talking about himself.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who thought this was ok to run live? give them a raise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Somebody summarize that because I'm not watching 12 minutes of Austin Aries talking about himself.

He cuts a basic released from WWE and back on the indies "my journey" promo but its pretty rambling and a bunch of fans start heckling him which he then decides to start engaging with them which just makes for a long and pointless awkward exchange. There's nothing shocking or anything that I noticed. He didn't even call out WWE or anything. Its just a rambly mess.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
keepin' it posi in the ecw arena is a slick rear end move imho

e: 10:40 is when i cracked

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 20, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When's the last time someone got released from WWE and didn't give the same "I've been held down" or whatever promo as soon as they got back on the indies?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"There's a lot of truths about this industry that we all know that we dont want to talk about. I mean hell, if we look at hollywood right now we understand that the entertainment business is being run by a bunch of unsavory characters with a bunch of shady business practices. And I can come out here, and I can start naming names, and I can start listing people and I can start calling people out for all the bullshit thats going on in this industry, but there's only one name - ONE NAME - that I came out here tonight to call out. And that name is Austin Aries"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phenix Rising posted:

When's the last time someone got released from WWE and didn't give the same "I've been held down" or whatever promo as soon as they got back on the indies?

I'm not even sure he was doing that but it was such a mess I can't say that for sure.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

"There's a lot of truths about this industry that we all know that we dont want to talk about. I mean hell, if we look at hollywood right now we understand that the entertainment business is being run by a bunch of unsavory characters with a bunch of shady business practices. And I can come out here, and I can start naming names, and I can start listing people and I can start calling people out for all the bullshit thats going on in this industry, but there's only one name - ONE NAME - that I came out here tonight to call out. And that name is Austin Aries"

it takes Austin Aries 13 minutes to suck his own dick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Heard the big ICW show was pretty bad, anyone watch it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Heard the big ICW show was pretty bad, anyone watch it?

That's the point with ICW.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
I was there at the ICW event live and it was awesome.

Kevin Nash didnt do much apart from walk slowly down to the ring a couple of times to stand round looking imposing.

Rey vs kenny was awesome apart from Rey going missing and having to play his entrance music twice.

King of Insanity match was awesome too.

The main event was one of the best matches ive seen in a while too.. Loads of twists and turns.

I think alot of the hate comes from people not at the event.. Everyone around me loved it.. Best ICW event ive been too

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sourpuss posted:

I think alot of the hate comes from people not at the event.. Everyone around me loved it.. Best ICW event ive been too

That's kind of the thing. Most of the people I read on social media that were mad about Martina's heel turn to join Bram are people who have never watched or will never watch ICW. I still get why they are upset and they are entitled to but still.... If are ICW or a fan of ICW you can kind of write those reactions off as just heel heat or hate.

Did it drag/dying off towards the end of the show like last year's show?

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

rovert posted:

Did it drag/dying off towards the end of the show like last year's show?

No the pacing was alot better this year.. Alot of people were leaving during angle/coffey last year but the crowd were red hot during the main event this time.. Everyone seemed to stick around for the post match celebrations too

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
did they show it live on the streaming like last year? I watched last years and didn't like it terribly much. But I'd have thrown a tenner or whatever their way to watch this one. I think I gave up before Angle/Coffey, and I like Coffey.

speaking as a Martina fan, yeah it's a bit disappointing that she's palled up with Bram but she's mates (or supportive of him online) with him anyway so whatever. OTT had a big online protest about Bram coming over, but I guess it's up to ICW if they want to use him.

It is a bit weird because you know, you read that Jon Ronson book about being publicly shamed and how it's terrible, and think 'well maybe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt' and then Bram does his interviews where he basically offers not much in the way of excuses or innocence, and you think 'I'm not sure I want to give him the benefit of the doubt'.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is Bram another one of those guys that thinks the SJW crowd has it in for him?

Maybe he should try to be famous for something other than a police report.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

is Bram another one of those guys that thinks the SJW crowd has it in for him?

Maybe he should try to be famous for something other than a police report.

He's famous for singing yearly contracts with TNA on a weekly basis and carrying the TNA brand into the future.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/esther.lin.photo/posts/1788241154553599

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Esther rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I saw Ricochet wrestle ZSJ in Melbourne tonight and it was the best match I’ve ever seen in person and I’m very happy right now.