Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's fine on the serious attack speed guys but people are way over using it. Anyways ashe can auto W auto proc press the attack and Q right away & it makes her lane trading / all ins way stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's fine on the serious attack speed guys but people are way over using it. Anyways ashe can auto W auto proc press the attack and Q right away & it makes her lane trading / all ins way stronger.

yeah after playing one game with this this does feel really good for trades, I'll keep it more in mind

legitimately thanks for the tips, this kinda owns :yeah:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Thanks for the tips, guys.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
careful, kevens advice always has a cost

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Verviticus posted:

The human monkey's paw

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vermain posted:

The two most common kinds of mistakes that people make in this game are positioning mistakes and what I'll broadly call greed mistakes. Greed mistakes are mistakes you make because you're playing disrespectfully, and this is an incredibly easy trap to fall into when you think you've got a lead or you overestimate your survivability. If a team at non-Challenger MMR thinks they've got a game in the bag, their players will tend to start playing more sloppily, banking on their lead carrying them over the finish line. They'll buy fewer Control Wards, they won't attempt to deward as much, they'll cut (moving through a dangerous path to get to a point more quickly) more frequently, and they'll overstay to try and squeeze as much out of their lead as they can. Cutting is one of the most common and easiest to exploit sins, especially if the enemy team has Baron. If you ward up your jungle along the path you expect them to rotate on a 4-1 or 1-3-1, you can potentially catch them on their rotation to another lane in an unwarded spot and use your man advantage and the element of surprise to overcome your gold deficit.

Preach. The first three games I played yesterday were all tremendous throws by my team disrespecting and being greedy for kills and overstaying and recalling in lazy spots. People kept forgetting in my third game that Twitch is a champion that existed in the game so they kept walking out into deep water only to get 2 Shot. Again, group, group, group. If you’re ahead, just group and seige.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Blue Essence gain might be the same but it's hard to tell with the random distribution of character shards. Not sure how slower leveling as you get higher might affect it.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Killed By Death posted:

Q > E=> W > R

Sorcery (Celerity/Gathering Storm) or Domination (Cheap Shot/Relentless Hunter) second

Mikujin's recent post history in this thread has more Udyr stuff in it

Sweet

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Verviticus posted:

Work Friend Tahm Kench

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Why do I even get these crappy shards for champs I own since the one and only thing I can do with them is to DE them?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Why do I even get these crappy shards for champs I own since the one and only thing I can do with them is to DE them?

Mastery level ups.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

FillInTheBlank posted:

Apparently as you continue to level you’ll get less champ shards and more cosmetic shards/other poo poo. At low levels there’s an emphasis placed on champs to help newer players fill out their roster. Long term it’ll feel okay but it’s just awkward since everyone started at level 30 when they flipped the switch.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Carecat posted:

Blue Essence gain might be the same but it's hard to tell with the random distribution of character shards. Not sure how slower leveling as you get higher might affect it.

It's lower if you play a lot, higher if you only play a game or two to get your first win bonus. So I guess they want to discourage people from playing? :confused:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Monathin posted:

I haven't tried Press the Attack ashe but I can't imagine it works near as well as lethal tempo + q, especially since Ashe's poke in lane patter boils down to W+Auto (maybe 2 auto) then back off. Lethal tempo helps her get going quicker and Ashe loving loves attack speed.

e: unless all the different arrows from q proc press the attack in which case :laffo:

IME, Lethal Tempo is a Win More keystone. If your opponents are loving up so badly that you can stand around and attacking them after long enough for the Tempo AS to outpace the PtA proc and damage increase, you would have won with PtA anyway. Especially since PtA buffs ally damage and Ashe has a good kit for fighting with team

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
My second level up got me 900be worth of champ shards, so about 5 days of first wins.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Press the attack is better because of ganks as well. Your jungler will be doing 12% more damage if you auto attack someone 3 times.

Press the attack on Irelia feels like cheating by the way. You get so much burst when you W Q AA AA and ADCs and Supports keep greedily sitting around at half hp when suddenly they're instantly dead in 1 second because I procced press the attack and ulted for a sheen proc.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don't understand how the IP to blue essence thing worked. It said I had a quest to do that would net me over 10k blue shards but I did it and they...aren't there.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't understand how the IP to blue essence thing worked. It said I had a quest to do that would net me over 10k blue shards but I did it and they...aren't there.

Log out and back in. If that doesn't do it, email player support

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Check your loot.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Elman posted:

It's lower if you play a lot, higher if you only play a game or two to get your first win bonus. So I guess they want to discourage people from playing? :confused:

Riot doesn’t have a financial incentive to reward people who play a lot, no. These people are enfranchised enough that a few more loot crates is unlikely to be the difference between them slamming that play again button for the 5th time today or loading up CSGO.

The ones who may drop away from the game are the ones that are only playing a bit, so you parcel our rewards to make them feel better. Rewards drop off as you move up because “enfranchised players that are not satisfied with the amount of free poo poo they’re getting” is a good description of someone likely to get out the wallet.

I’d imagine the subset of players who would play a lot but don’t because they feel like they aren’t getting rewarded enough is relatively small...but the only way to know that is to know if global games played is way down this pre season compared to last, and I’m not sure where to get that data. It’d be super noisy, anyway.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah to be fair I'm not a good example here since I outright refuse to spend money on multiplayer games that let you buy gameplay-related stuff (even if it's just champions) :shobon: It probably does help their bottom line.

It still feels lovely though. Before this change if you were 30 IP short of buying a hero you could just queue for another match, while now you might need to grind an entire level's worth of matches.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Elman posted:

Yeah to be fair I'm not a good example here since I outright refuse to spend money on multiplayer games that let you buy gameplay-related stuff (even if it's just champions) :shobon: It probably does help their bottom line.

It still feels lovely though. Before this change if you were 30 IP short of buying a hero you could just queue for another match, while now you might need to grind an entire level's worth of matches.

You could also email player support and see if they would spot you 30 blue sparkles. They might make you send them a MS Paint drawing or something though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Although not as blatantly lovely as EA, Riot's idea behind the new leveling system was having people spend more RP for content. Sure, you CAN get more free content like skins for free, but it takes much longer than it used to actually get champions now too

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

At least new players don't have to pay huge upfront costs for runes anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well they easily could have done all these things without making it harder to get skins/champions with their new essence system.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Although not as blatantly lovely as EA, Riot's idea behind the new leveling system was having people spend more RP for content. Sure, you CAN get more free content like skins for free, but it takes much longer than it used to actually get champions now too

It doesn't actually. Everyone putting out those ridiculous estimates was ignoring WotD bonus

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

It doesn't actually. Everyone putting out those ridiculous estimates was ignoring WotD bonus

No they definitely calculated it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

They were included but also that expects you to play a single game every day. I probably play 7 hours a week in one or two sittings.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
It's probably still too early to tell if the essence swap really slowed down progression or not.

It's definitely a swap from incremental gains to burst increases via chests, but I doubt many players have already hit milestone levels, which supposedly give more IP and I don't think people factor in the fact that a shard worth 1000 BE can be transformed into a permanent champ for a massive discount.

Factor in the removal of runes you have to buy with IP - and which were required to a large extent - and I can't imagine it's a huge net loss

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Why worry about all that when you can complain with incomplete information though.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Verviticus posted:

Is the cost that you have to go to every TSM game for the rest of your life?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
IM no longer TSM fan, Keven is now a fan of the New Blaze Game Squad of Vietnam.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Herbotron posted:

Check your loot.

Oh there we go. Thank you!

Goddamn I haven't played this in ages. The last game I played in my match history is 5/29/2016.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Carecat posted:

Champ shard distribution isnt very random it's almost always 810, 900 or 960 BE worth of shards.

FillInTheBlank posted:

You're gonna need to DE 60-80% of your shards to have the BE to buy anything, so it usually doesnt matter if you get 1 good shard or a bunch of poo poo shards with the same total BE value.

Elman posted:

They're changing it so instead of 575 XP per FWotD you'll get 400 XP + 50 BE. (Which is a nerf to BE gain, but impatient babbies are happier now.)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Herbotron posted:

At least new players don't have to pay huge upfront costs for runes anymore.

A loving men

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Appropriate that it happened in a Mejai's game I guess.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've tried trist jungle and it feels good. Press the attack means your burst is lethal and giving your allies 12% damage in ganks is nice.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The whole random champion thing from blue essence is cool. I got Zyra(bleh),Ornn(heck yeah), and that bird woman. Not Quinn.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Imagine if you could go to work and instead of getting money you could get random rewards that you can exchange for smaller quantities of money on average lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Imagine if you could go to work and instead of getting money you could get random rewards that you can exchange for smaller quantities of money on average lol

LoL isn't your job. This isn't compensation for selling your labour

• Locked thread