Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

Maybe the Infinity Gauntlet just comes with one stone already, like a starter pack.

That's why he's so angry. He bought the gauntlet assuming it came with the stones, only to find he needed to get the DLC as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Medullah posted:

That's why he's so angry. He bought the gauntlet assuming it came with the stones, only to find he needed to get the DLC as well.

That reminds me: We saw him briefly at the end stinger of Avengers (and maybe briefly before that with Loki kneeling at his feet). We then see him at the beginning of Guardians on facetime with Ronan, and then we see him in some other post credits scene picking up the gauntlet. Any other scenes yet?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CzarChasm posted:

That reminds me: We saw him briefly at the end stinger of Avengers (and maybe briefly before that with Loki kneeling at his feet). We then see him at the beginning of Guardians on facetime with Ronan, and then we see him in some other post credits scene picking up the gauntlet. Any other scenes yet?

Ronan meets Thanos face to face at the start of Guardians, and then facetimes with him after he gets the infinity stone.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Medullah posted:

In the coming years when they reboot the story of Iron Man, Stark won't be manufacturing weapons. He'll be selling pay-to-win games and hawking microtransactions.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The Soul Gem is you, the viewer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wonder if there is another Stone in Wakanda

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Thanos spends 25,000 space bucks on loot boxes trying to get the gems he wants. Keeps getting duplicates of the Mind Gem (that's why he so willingly let Loki have it; He's got dozens of them) and new seasonal skins for the Chitauri.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

EA was the true villain all along.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thanos should have sprung for the season pass. He knew he was going to buy all the dlc when he got the gauntlet.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Thanos should have sprung for the season pass. He knew he was going to buy all the dlc when he got the gauntlet.

The infinity gems weren't part of the season pass. That only included Ronan and, The Other, and exclusive dances for baby Groot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's a bad trend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If this is a successful stunt RT are gonna do it with every nerd movie, then you'll get live YouTube reaction videos for RT score unveilings, then compilations, then RottenTomatoes The Movie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is this RT delaying their postings, or just them doing something when the embargo ends?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:jerkbag:
somebody's getting an over-inflated sense of self-worth.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If this is a successful stunt RT are gonna do it with every nerd movie, then you'll get live YouTube reaction videos for RT score unveilings, then compilations, then RottenTomatoes The Movie

They're on it alreadt, this WW one is only 17 minutes.
https://youtu.be/3Kt4KKDHcHc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This might be.because WB owns RT and doesn't want the score to hang around and depress ticket sales.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Is this RT delaying their postings, or just them doing something when the embargo ends?

It's a little of both from what I understand. The embargo is forcing any kind of delay until right up until basically Wednesday mid-day for RT to get any kind of actual feedback and get a number but RT is going to delay it even further for publicity's sake. They're both owned by Warner so you can add an extra layer of conspiracy theory on top of it.

My guess is the number will be over 60%, possibly "certified" fresh but most reviews of the positive reviews will be barely positive.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Arist posted:

This might be.because WB owns RT and doesn't want the score to hang around and depress ticket sales.

RT has full "editorial" control, they are a separate entity from their shareholders. WB owns about %30.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

RT has full "editorial" control, they are a separate entity from their shareholders. WB owns about %30.

I'm not sure it really makes sense, but people are definitely already out there with that line of thought.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Being owned by the same company as the movie you're delaying the numbers on is a seriously bad move on RT's part and I hope they don't do it again. The movie is not bad but this just makes people think it is and is probably gonna keep more people home than any review that gets posted.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
WB tried to focus their massive psychic energy to raise the score for Suicide Squad and instead accidentally granted them an Oscar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They'll still be on Metacritic I guess, so the fanboy wars can still start on time.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Endless Mike posted:

I kiiiiiinda assume Adam Warlock is going to be in Infinity War which probably gets you the soul gem.

It will be extremely correct and appropriate for the soul stone to be held by a warlock.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Cythereal posted:

For the Infinity War stuff, yeah we're looking at one stone unaccounted for still.

Time: Green, currently owned by the Kamartage and Doctor Strange.

Space: Blue, the Tesseract that was on Asgard and is now likely in Loki's possession.

Reality: Red, the Aether currently held by the Collector in Port Knowhere.

Mind: Yellow, currently embedded in Vision.

Power: Purple, currently kept by the Nova Corps on Xandar Prime.

Soul: ???

Heimdall has it, that's how he can see and communicate with anyone over any distance.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TFRazorsaw posted:

spoilers: Phil Coulson is the Soul stone.

Guess we won't be seeing all the stones in the movie then.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It was actually the friendships that the Avengers made along the way which was why Thanos had to do a Civil War to break them up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Have you heard of the THANOS theory?

Every location of a stone spells out Thanos, which means the Soul Stone is in something that begins with H, and that H could be Heimdall.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Heimdall has it, that's how he can see and communicate with anyone over any distance.

Gonna rip out Heimdall's eyes, lobotomize Vision, vapourize John C. Reilly, shiv Loki, and steal Strange's favourite toy. Will be interesting to see how Infinity War handles it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Have you heard of the THANOS theory?

Every location of a stone spells out Thanos, which means the Soul Stone is in something that begins with H, and that H could be Heimdall.

I'm pretty sure that the soul stone is in Wakanda, and it will have something to do with the heart-shaped herb.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure that the soul stone is in Wakanda, and it will have something to do with the heart-shaped herb.

In the trailer it looks like Panther goes to that ancestral ghost dimension (I forget the name) and if the Ta-Nehesi Coates series is anything to go by, Panther can basically track people by their souls so it seems like a good fit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Gonna rip out Heimdall's eyes, lobotomize Vision, vapourize John C. Reilly, shiv Loki, and steal Strange's favourite toy. Will be interesting to see how Infinity War handles it.

Unceremoniously in a matter of seconds, if Ragnarok is anything to go by

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Codependent Poster posted:

...look, just because they're black...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just booked my Justice League ticket.
I can't believe it's out tomorrow. For some reason it feels like it should still be six months away.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Don't mince words, chaps, what do you really think?

“ponderous and cumbersome”
"consistently embarrassing to watch...plot holes so yawningly vast they have a kind of Grand Canyon-like splendour"
"surely the most infantile of recent superhero yarns"
"boy does poor Gal Gadot look so sad in Justice League, watching this lumbering and witless movie lay waste to the nice thing she just got finished making"
"barely a moment that sticks, not a single sequence to rival the standout superhero set-pieces of recent years. Say what you will about Batman v Superman, but at least it had ambition and vision"
"a huge letdown"
"The only thing that “saves” Justice League is a low bar and more promises"

Oh. Oh dear.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just booked my Justice League ticket.
I can't believe it's out tomorrow. For some reason it feels like it should still be six months away.

From what I hear the people that did the visual effects probably thought and hoped it was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

X-O posted:

From what I hear the people that did the visual effects probably thought and hoped it was.

:drat:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

It was good visually. I think the only effects that were off were Steppenwolf and Cyborg just because of how heavy they relied on CGI.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why would Strppenwolf need to rely on cgi a lot? Isn't he mostly just a big ol dude?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why would Strppenwolf need to rely on cgi a lot? Isn't he mostly just a big ol dude?

Same reason Thanos does, or The Hulk, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was expecting most of the reviews to be lukewarm but man, the people who didn't like it really don't like it, and the people who did enjoy it only barely did.

• Locked thread