Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I signed up to be notified about the stickers and never heard anything drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Selecta84 posted:

So according the the Facebook page of Feuerland Spiele, the German Publisher for aFfO, FoA, Charterstone and Scythe, they are trying to get a German version for Gloomhaven going.

Starting in Jan/Feb 2018 they will check if there would be enough demand.

I'm kinda excited and will wait for that one before getting the English version now.

:same: I might want to get my own copy now too.

ima let u finish in me posted:

Wir sind das Volk 2+2 and the Maria reprint just got delivered :woop:

Now I just have to get them to the table. Maybe even in 2017.

Care to share impressions when you’ve tried 2+2? I used to not care but now I finally managed to get a copy at 40 instead of some insane price.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Not sure if I missed it but did anyone get a chance to play the new Marc Andre game, Majesty? Is it any good?

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

ima let u finish in me posted:

Wir sind das Volk 2+2 and the Maria reprint just got delivered :woop:

Now I just have to get them to the table. Maybe even in 2017.

Where did you order these?

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

CaptainRightful posted:

Where did you order these?

Directly at Histogame, but I'm in Austria so shipping wasn't too bad

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I'm hemmin' and hawin' about The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 that goes on sale in 15 minutes. It has some nice artwork, and being a bit of a Mondo fanboy I'd probably have to get the special edition, but the gameplay looks kinda meh. My group absolutely loves hidden role games, they love The Thing, and our group usually runs pretty big so 8 players is perfect, but I wonder if that'll be enough.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
7 Wonders app is out but it’s iPad only because someone hates money and makes bad decisions.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ross Perowned posted:

I'm hemmin' and hawin' about The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 that goes on sale in 15 minutes. It has some nice artwork, and being a bit of a Mondo fanboy I'd probably have to get the special edition, but the gameplay looks kinda meh. My group absolutely loves hidden role games, they love The Thing, and our group usually runs pretty big so 8 players is perfect, but I wonder if that'll be enough.

If you're not in the US you can't buy it at all!

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Bottom Liner posted:

7 Wonders app is out but it’s iPad only because someone hates money and makes bad decisions.

Is it good on the iPad though?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No clue, I only have an old mini that can't run most new stuff (stuck on an older ios too).

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ross Perowned posted:

Have you played the print 'n play Thing game?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/75828/thing

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

angel opportunity posted:

Is it good on the iPad though?

I was in the beta, and it was working pretty well by the end. It made me scratch my head as to why it took them so many years to make what seemed like a pretty simple app.

Anyway, I haven't looked to see how much the base game is, but I don't think it's worth more than $3-$4 for just the base game. I believe the expansions will be added later and/or will have additional cost.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I have a group of close to 10 friends that are still obsessed with 7 Wonders and would have all bought and played the hell out of the app but since it's not on phones none of them will bother. It's not even a game that needs a bigger display, it's super easy to design a UI to handle card drafting gameplay for a phone. What a dumb decision.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Jordan7hm posted:

I’m putting up what I had that’s duplicative in that math trade in a few weeks, maybe somebody wants the core set + a bit.

Just a heads up, owning 2 core sets is generally good for any FFG LCG if you didn't know that already.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

dishwasherlove posted:

Just a heads up, owning 2 core sets is generally good for any FFG LCG if you didn't know that already.

Heard L5R requires 3 to even be remotely useful. Cripes.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

kinkouin posted:

Heard L5R requires 3 to even be remotely useful. Cripes.

I just got a core set to casually play with my brother. Since I have no competitive ambition whatsoever, that and the occasional expansion will likely be enough for me, like Netrunner.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dishwasherlove posted:

The lot he's selling has 3 of each core set card. I should be good with just that, right?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

What's the best way to ship from US to Ukraine? There has to be some European shipping company with operations in USA that won't charge me a leg.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

quote:

I agree, Dominion you can argue (is a pure deckbuilder) but Star Realms is very refined. Not to mention good and fun and has a theme. But just on the basis of deckbuilding purity it stands out.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Where do you find something like this

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Is that this reddit post about the purest game with a certain mechanic or something?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bingo

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Edit: nevermind

Selecta84 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 14, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
star realms is pure in the same way raw milk is, which is to say it will make you very sick or kill you

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

lol

quote:

Base Star Realms is a remarkably stable game where an actually "better" player tends to have several good strategies available rather than one go-to, building off initial decisions and availability. People who think it is RNG-driven haven't played enough to actually say that, and people who think it is swingy aren't good enough to see the big shifts coming a mile away.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Went to a local board game meet up tonight. Played Machi Koro for the first time. As someone who likes their games as luck free as possible with a maximum amount of player agency, it was perhaps one of the most painful board game experiences I've ever endured.

I felt like nothing I did mattered in the slightest. Roll dice, if you get lucky and get money then hope the most recent card flipped over was good, rinse repeat. We played with 5 people and it took like 2 1/2 hours. I think only the owner of the game enjoyed themselves, and everyone else wanted to die.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Star Realms has a lot of decision making.

Do I buy a cutter + federation shuttle and win the game
or
Do I buya missile bot + trade bot and win the game

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

I played Keyflower for the first time last night!

It's been top of my to-play list ever since I heard of it, since I and the people I played with have sort of got a worker placement/auction game in early access on Steam, and Jesus was it cool. That core working vs bidding with your meeples mechanic was just criminally smooth, as are all the support bits for it (things like getting any meeples working on tiles you buy/etc). It never got quite as mean-spirited as people talk about in this thread, but I do feel like that might just be because it was all our first times.

I was expecting the game to feel super tight and restrictive, since you only start with 8 meeples/ you can easily lose a bunch of them to bidding/ some actions can get real expensive real fast, but it actually hit a really solid middle ground for me. Probably my biggest worry (rather than real critique) was that with the way the endgame scoring works it can be a bit brutal when some game mechanics just become super low-value for everyone; in last night's game everyone ended up with a bunch of extra craftsmen that had absolutely zero impact on the game's scoring and it felt a little weird.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Happy Gloomhaven Day djfooboo! :fap:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Megasabin posted:

Went to a local board game meet up tonight. Played Machi Koro for the first time. As someone who likes their games as luck free as possible with a maximum amount of player agency, it was perhaps one of the most painful board game experiences I've ever endured.

I felt like nothing I did mattered in the slightest. Roll dice, if you get lucky and get money then hope the most recent card flipped over was good, rinse repeat. We played with 5 people and it took like 2 1/2 hours. I think only the owner of the game enjoyed themselves, and everyone else wanted to die.

So it turns out you also got to play with the expansion, and moreover using a market row.

The base game, without the market row, is a fairly simple efficiency engine with dice so you might not do well even if you do everything right. Doesn't take too long. Feels like the dice of catan with nothing else. I enjoyed it a couple times at least.

The market row makes it unplayably bad and I would and will prefer doing absolutely nothing to playing it.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

silvergoose posted:

The market row makes it unplayably bad and I would and will prefer doing absolutely nothing to playing it.

Yeah, it's a fine rando filler game without the market row. That was a terrible addition.

I'm playing my friend's Terraforming Mars for the first time tonight, wish me luck on a speedy game.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

What are your opinions on Concordia?

I'm looking for a mid weight game that supports up to 5 Players.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Selecta84 posted:

What are your opinions on Concordia?

I'm looking for a mid weight game that supports up to 5 Players.

SUSD believe it's the mid-weight Euro by which all other mid-weight Euros are measured. Most, alas, come up wanting.

(I've never played it but want to! You'll probably get more helpful responses than mine.)

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Thanks anyway.

It's 32 bucks in an online shop here in Germany and I'm really tempted.

EBag
May 18, 2006

It's a great game, if somewhat dry. It's one of the few games that I picked up a few years ago that we still play today frequently and the expansions add a bit of extra longevity. It does get a little repetitive after many plays but remains enjoyable regardless. If you plan to play with 2p though you'll definitely want to grab the Britannia or Hispania boards though, the small vanilla map is one of the weaker ones.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What is a game that does a market row well and why

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Has anyone ever considered trying to build a tiered draw deck for Terraforming Mars? Like, dividing the cards into sections a la Through the Ages or VotK (which is a game that does market row well too) so that you actually care about the majority of your cards versus looking at something really good but useless for most of the game?

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

EBag posted:

It's a great game, if somewhat dry. It's one of the few games that I picked up a few years ago that we still play today frequently and the expansions add a bit of extra longevity. It does get a little repetitive after many plays but remains enjoyable regardless. If you plan to play with 2p though you'll definitely want to grab the Britannia or Hispania boards though, the small vanilla map is one of the weaker ones.

Thanks,

and no, not gonna play it with 2 primarily. Which player count would you say is the best?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Kashuno posted:

None really, if you want a balanced deckbuilder. There's lots of game that aren't deckbuilders that use market rows though - the balancing is making new cards expensive as they come out and get cheaper over time. For some reason none of the market row deckbuilders have tried that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Kashuno posted:

Century spice road, through the Ages, Concordia. The things get cheaper as people don't take a card thing helps a lot.